Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I was going to bring up this fight and pose this question. What are examples of good/great fighters being used as a tuneup? It’s rare, but it does happen. You got to be a great fighter to pull this off though.

This fight right here is a great example. Mayweather comes back after nearly 2 years, to make easy work of Marquez. Marquez was just outgunned. Everything he brings to the table, Mayweather does better, which is why this was such a bad match up for him stylistically. Anyone else would be crazy to pull this with Marquez.

Pacquaio basically did the same thing with Matthysse. He wanted to bounce back from a loss, and knew Lucas had nothing for him. Again one of those situations stylistically where whatever Lucas brings to the table, PAC does it at a much higher level.

Oscar used Gatti as a tuneup after his loss to Mosely.

Spence used Swift as a tuneup. :pachaha:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
The fact that these heavyweights look like shyt is just so mind boggling to me considering that boxing is such a intense sport that burns a lot of calories.

These guys must be eating ALOT, or coming down from an extremely high weight, or a combination of both.

it’s one of those sports that will get you cut, even if your diet isn’t on point or if you don’t have the best body type

Yeah I just don't think these nikkas is training all that serious. I think dudes hit the gym 2x a week when they don't have a fight scheduled.