Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
chris byrd had no problem with it..that man was nothing more than a blown up super middle and he got in the ring with cats that routinely outweigh him 30+ lbs..his whos who is ridiculous or davaryll williamson was knocking bigger fighters than him cold with one shot..these were not big heavies

Chris was 6 ft though. As I stated earlier when you factor the combo of Height and Weight, the context can change.

Someone who is 6 ft 220 has a chance of being more powerful than someone who is 6'6 220. The tomfoolery comes in when you have someone 6'6 280 taking on someone 6'1 205. The 'super bigs' are aren't that large in quantity but they still exist.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Chisora is like 240-250 and if it wasn't for stimina was giving Usyk problems initially. I think Usyk came in at 205-210, imo he shouldn't be fighting someone over 220. The one thing with weight is height is a factor too. Look at wilder and how skinny he is at 214-220 and 6'6/6'7, and compare that to a 5'11 guy at the same weight i.e. Mike Tyson. Id argue Tyson would cave in wilders chest.
Remember part of the reason wilder hits that hard is his speed. Like a golf club. So that weight is sufficient for him.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
im confused. SO are you saying there should be a weight cap at heavy weight, or that heavyweight should be split, or something else?

no..heavyweight division should stay as it is..you dont need a jr heavyweight, heavyweight or super heavyweight because like @The axe murderer said..there are diminishing returns for heavyweights that get too damn big

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Teo wanted 5.5M to fight Kambosos :dead::deadrose:

A big fight ain’t ever getting made with that delusional nikka :heh:

5.5M is more than He Kambosos the whole undercard N the tv crew will make combined :mindblown:

well purse bid should clear all this up tomorrow lol

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I’m cool with 126 130 135 140 147 154 160 168 175

the fukkery below N above those weights :hubie:

They Thanos snap a whole weight class N watch the IBO becomes needed to be unified now N nikkas in here will be like “ThE IbO wAs AlWaYs NeEdEd FoR uNdIsPuTed “:camby:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I was just reading there has been no Super Middle Weight Undisputed Champs, do you all think that will be Canelo's end game for his legacy? to be the first.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The fact that these heavyweights look like shyt is just so mind boggling to me considering that boxing is such a intense sport that burns a lot of calories.

These guys must be eating ALOT, or coming down from an extremely high weight, or a combination of both.

it’s one of those sports that will get you cut, even if your diet isn’t on point or if you don’t have the best body type

Last edited:

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
The fact that these heavyweights look like shyt is just so mind boggling to me considering that boxing is such a intense sport that burns a lot of calories.

These guys must be eating ALOT, or coming down at an extremely high way, or a combination of both.

it’s one of those sports that will get you cut, even if your diet isn’t on point or if you don’t have the best body type
dudes prolly just spar and do a little cardio at LA fitness lol. And yeah I'm sure they eat like crazy, but dudes like AJ probably the only ones with a real nutritionist. Other cats prolly eating pizza with a protein shake

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps

22008877-8e3c-439c-8060-39fa80c4d923_text.gif

Tired of hearing about this mma guy and boxing

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I was going to bring up this fight and pose this question. What are examples of good/great fighters being used as a tuneup? It’s rare, but it does happen. You got to be a great fighter to pull this off though.

This fight right here is a great example. Mayweather comes back after nearly 2 years, to make easy work of Marquez. Marquez was just outgunned. Everything he brings to the table, Mayweather does better, which is why this was such a bad match up for him stylistically. Anyone else would be crazy to pull this with Marquez.

Pacquaio basically did the same thing with Matthysse. He wanted to bounce back from a loss, and knew Lucas had nothing for him. Again one of those situations stylistically where whatever Lucas brings to the table, PAC does it at a much higher level.

Oscar used Gatti as a tuneup after his loss to Mosely.