Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Hmmmmm AJ doesn't always put it together but could be bloody quick at times.
main-qimg-ffbc0e6000eb8f2ffd164ccdf4ef2f19

Handspeed isn't necessarily atheltic to me, I'm talking reflexes and quickness. I done seen a lot of mufukkas who would run a 6.0 flat in a 40 who got quick hands.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
i just want to chime in not every GOAT American heavyweight was athletic like that...Joe Frazier was not an athletic guy at all which only adds on to his greatness

still from what i recall he still wasnt flabby though. Im not saying dude has to be chiseled to “look like a heavyweight”, but look at many of these bouts, dudes have belly meat spilling out their trunks

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
I remember when Ruiz upset Joshua all the dad bod jokes and memes was hilarious.

yeah. You have NFL Linemen who have very high body fat but still look like they train. Andy doesn't look like he trains hard (he just knows how to fight his ass off). The 1st fight he got away with the argument looks dont matter, 2nd fight we clearly saw dude doesn't go hard in training + he came in looking worse due to lack of discipline.

Heavyweights can get away with looking how ever because knockouts come way easier so if you can fight your ass off then it is what it is, especially with no weight limit.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
still from what i recall he still wasnt flabby though. Im not saying dude has to be chiseled to “look like a heavyweight”, but look at many of these bouts, dudes have belly meat spilling out their trunks
yeah my biggest pet peeve when fighters dont come into condition...im not saying you have to be ripped but gotdamn come into the ring optimal..give yourself the best chance to win..this has my biggest thing regarding andy ruiz for YEARS!!!

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
yeah my biggest pet peeve when fighters dont come into condition...im not saying you have to be ripped but gotdamn come into the ring optimal..give yourself the best chance to win..this has my biggest thing regarding andy ruiz for YEARS!!!
shyt HW is just :francis:
Its just that they got unmatched punch power and shyt.
Hell Luiz ortiz had high blood pressure or some shyt but he beats most people:francis:
Now with bridgerweight coming the talent pool :mjlol:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
shyt HW is just :francis:
Its just that they got unmatched punch power and shyt.
Hell Luiz ortiz had high blood pressure or some shyt but he beats most people:francis:
Now with bridgerweight coming the talent pool :mjlol:

Funny thing is all they had to do was lower the Cruiserweight limit back to the old limit of 190 and raise the heavyweight minimum to where bridgerweight is gonna be and I would of been fine with that. Adding more weight classes is fukking stupid and is part of the reason boxing is in the state it is in. Back in the day nobody cared to fight at the junior or super divisions, they just went from say 160 to 175, they didn't stop at 168. To this day you see these halfway divisions never get the popularity the original divisions get because a lot of people know those divisions really shouldn't exist.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

yeah this is why I respect cats like Haney and the Charlos. They seem like the few people who stay in shape year round. Your camp should be you improving for your opponent, not a Fat Camp to make weight. Everyone wants to be Floyd but ignore Floyd was always in shape. Even Spence said he needed to chill on getting fat in the off season.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
yeah this is why I respect cats like Haney and the Charlos. They seem like the few people who stay in shape year round. Your camp should be you improving for your opponent, not a Fat Camp to make weight. Everyone wants to be Floyd but ignore Floyd was always in shape. Even Spence said he needed to chill on getting fat in the off season.

'It's hard to get out bed in the morning to go for a run when you're sleeping on silk sheets.' -Marvelous Marvin Hagler

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Funny thing is all they had to do was lower the Cruiserweight limit back to the old limit of 190 and raise the heavyweight minimum to where bridgerweight is gonna be and I would of been fine with that. Adding more weight classes is fukking stupid and is part of the reason boxing is in the state it is in. Back in the day nobody cared to fight at the junior or super divisions, they just went from say 160 to 175, they didn't stop at 168. To this day you see these halfway divisions never get the popularity the original divisions get because a lot of people know those divisions really shouldn't exist.

I`m a casual but is there that much difference in 10lbs where these .5/.7/.8 weight classes are needed?

Like imagine if everyone between 140-150 had to fight, 151-160, 161-170, etc.

The only thing you need to be flexible is once you hit 200. Like IMO there should be a 200-245 class, and then Super Heavyweight being 260+