Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Rewatched Spence vs Garcia last night on FS1, lowkey Spence was landing some leather on Garcia. Especially in the later rounds
Spence actually landed way more on Mikey than he did Porter, landed over 200 power shots alone on mikey

it was funny = spence vs mikey - i called that shyt a mismatch from jump and when it actually came to pass..nikkas try to say i was hating and it was skills like there wasn't multiple posts of me saying what it would be...what?:heh:

spence vs porter - i was wrong about..def didnt see a life and death and a narrow victory for spence in that one

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Bud would drop Porter multiple times if they fought :unimpressed:
Brook spoke on how hard it was to get inside and crowd Bud and how that was the real difference in the fight. The idea Porter would just smother Bud like Bud wouldn't be prepared for that and use his length, power and boxing to neutralize the bullrush is short sighted. Porter need to cut it out like he actually would have a game plan that work. Agreed with all the other shyt they said though especially about Bud being #1 P4P or #2 at worst behind Canelo

Last edited:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
When (not if) Bud finally takes an L it's gonna be a massive drop for him unless it's a very controversial L. "Fans" will shyt on his legacy & say he was never as good as advertised even though we know he's damn good. And it'll be mostly on him

Exactly
Hell, GGG career already showed that it don't matter if your first loss is controversial, because at the end of the day a loss is still a loss and nikkas will just say that if you're truly great, you still win those types of fights no matter what.

boxing is unforgiving.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
When (not if) Bud finally takes an L it's gonna be a massive drop for him unless it's a very controversial L. "Fans" will shyt on his legacy & say he was never as good as advertised even though we know he's damn good. And it'll be mostly on him
:russell: I swear I'm gonna put half of this thread on suicide watch if he beats Spence
It's all a matter of when/how he loses, if he beats Spence he will be remembered as a great, no matter what, he really doesn't need anything else fromhis career. That's his ultimate rivalry, if he wins that, that's another undisputed status too and he was lineal at 135, nobody will shyt on that man's career. He has to beat Spence or whoever comes out on top in the PBC championship and he can basically ride into the sunset.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
:russell: I swear I'm gonna put half of this thread on suicide watch if he beats Spence
It's all a matter of when/how he loses, if he beats Spence he will be remembered as a great, no matter what, he really doesn't need anything else fromhis career. That's his ultimate rivalry, if he wins that, that's another undisputed status too and he was lineal at 135, nobody will shyt on that man's career. He has to beat Spence or whoever comes out on top in the PBC championship and he can basically ride into the sunset.

I see you can't be objective when it comes to Bud bro; duly noted lol.

I'm not a Bud or Spence bro so I'm calling this down the middle. There's only so long this guy can live off his resume at 135 & 140. He's clearly taken the path of least resistance at 47 & has been content with his situation. Maybe Arum's recent comments will help him get away from TR & cement his legacy.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Fury vs. Wach, Bakole vs. Kuzmin Added To Joshua-Pulev Card
By Random Hits

Published On Mon Nov 16, 2020, 11:08 AM EST

Two exciting Heavyweight matchups have been added to the undercard of Anthony Joshua's Unified World Title defence against Kubrat Pulev on Saturday December 12, shown live on Sky Sports Box Office in the UK and on DAZN in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.

hughie-fury_12.jpg

Hughie Fury (24-3, 14 KOs) returns to the ring for the first time since his three-round destruction of Pavel Sour at Manchester Arena back in March to take on Poland’s Mariusz Wach (36-6, 19 KOs), a former opponent of Wladimir Klitschko, Alexander Povetkin and Dillian Whyte.

"I’m very excited to be back in action again on December 12," said Fury. "It’s been a while and I’m ready to show what I’m all about. I’ve been in the gym working on a lot of different aspects of my game, perfecting what I needed to do.

"Mariusz Wach is a good fighter who’s been in with many top tier fighters including a World Title challenge. He brings power and size, and you can’t switch off for a second. I want these kind of fights as these fights will help me achieve what I need. I’m expecting a tough fight with Wach."

Martin Bakole and Sergey Kuzmin fight for the vacant WBC International Heavyweight Title after their proposed fight earlier in the year was rescheduled. Both men share respective 15-1 records and will be looking to gatecrash the world rankings.

“I’m really looking forward to fighting for the WBC International Title on such a big night of boxing, said Bakole. "A victory over Kuzmin is another step to making my dreams come true."

“This fight with Bakole is very important for me, I need to bounce back from my defeat to Michael Hunter last time and get back on track towards a World Title," revealed Kuzmin. "Martin is big, tall and comes forward, we know his strengths. I come only to win on December 12.”

dont mind bakole vs kuzmin - someone is catching a fade in that one..the other fury vs wach is horrible...yikes

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I see you can't be objective when it comes to Bud bro; duly noted lol.

I'm not a Bud or Spence bro so I'm calling this down the middle. There's only so long this guy can live off his resume at 135 & 140. He's clearly taken the path of least resistance at 47 & has been content with his situation. Maybe Arum's recent comments will help him get away from TR & cement his legacy.

I can be objective about him or at least try, even though I say he's my favorite fighter. I was never into stanning fighters hard, I have my favorites but never to the level of obsession, that would take from the enjoyment ofthe sport as a whole to me.
Funny thing is he's my favorite fighter but I'm far from being the most obsessed with him :heh: his haters write a lot more about him nowadays.

A fighter can be criticized in different ways. There are level-headed critics and then there are the obsessed ones who are coming with a pre-existing agenda which is the stanning/hating of different promoters nowadays. I don't have a problem with the level-headed criticism, he certainly deserves some criticism for his career decisions but I'm gonna raise my "voice" when someone is trying to make it look like he beat binmen and shyt based on some BS agenda.

What I wrote was a response of you saying he will be heavily criticized when he loses. That won't be a case if he beats Spence first then passes the torch to someone younger down the line. With that said, sorry if I wrongly assumed from your post that you were a Spence stan and that was your agenda. With that said my point still stands that if he beats Spence he can do whatever the fukk he wants to afterward he will be remembered as a great.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
I can be objective about him or at least try, even though I say he's my favorite fighter. I was never into stanning fighters hard, I have my favorites but never to the level of obsession, that would take from the enjoyment ofthe sport as a whole to me.
Funny thing is he's my favorite fighter but I'm far from being the most obsessed with him :heh: his haters write a lot more about him nowadays.

A fighter can be criticized in different ways. There are level-headed critics and then there are the obsessed ones who are coming with a pre-existing agenda which is the stanning/hating of different promoters nowadays. I don't have a problem with the level-headed criticism, he certainly deserves some criticism for his career decisions but I'm gonna raise my "voice" when someone is trying to make it look like he beat binmen and shyt based on some BS agenda.

What I wrote was a response of you saying he will be heavily criticized when he loses. That won't be a case if he beats Spence first then passes the torch to someone younger down the line. With that said, sorry if I wrongly assumed from your post that you were a Spence stan and that was your agenda. With that said my point still stands that if he beats Spence he can do whatever the fukk he wants to afterward he will be remembered as a great.

My bad bro. I should've listened to my instincts because you're far from that & have always called it straight lol

I think casuals & the media will shyt on him bro. You know how they are when fighters of a certain caliber lose. It's what pisses me off about Bud because he has the skills to beat all the top guys at 47. I just wish he'd try more to prove it. A fight with Spence is definitely the right direction he needs to go in

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Posted this in another thread yesterday.

Tyson Fury has suggested he will NOT fight this year as he plans to make a return to the ring in 2021.

‘The Gypsy King’ was set to face Agit Kabayel on December 5 before turning his attention to an undisputed heavyweight title clash with Anthony Joshua.

AFP - Getty
Tyson Fury was set to return to the ring on December 5
However, he has entered a mediation process with Deontay Wilder after failing to agree terms on a trilogy bout for the WBC heavyweight championship.

“The Gypsy King is returning in 2021,” Fury posted on Twitter. “Only those that have supported me 100% since my comeback will be with me for the glory.”

Co-promoter Frank Warren also released a statement on Twitter, saying: “The world’s best heavyweight, The Gyspy King @Tyson_Fury will return to action in 2021.

“Date and venue to be announced.”

Fury drew with Wilder when they first fought almost two years ago in Los Angeles, before dethroning the ‘Bronze Bomber’ in February with a punch-perfect performance at the MGM Grand.

It was previously reported that contracts were signed for a third fight to complete the trilogy, but this could disrupt plans for a world title clash with Joshua.

Unified champion Joshua will face IBF mandatory challenger Kubrat Pulev on December 12, but Eddie Hearn is unsure whether Fury can still press ahead with a blockbuster battle next year.

He told Sky Sports: “We try and avoid the mess, and keep discipline and focus on what we’re doing, and the path for AJ has always been clear, with the ups and downs of the Ruiz fight, and getting that rematch over the line.

Getty Images
Fury wrenched the WBC heavyweight title from Wilder’s grasp in February
“But we know what we’re doing. December 12, it was announced probably eight weeks before the fight, we’re focused on the victory.

“That’s their [Fury and Wilder’s] business, it’s a right mess either way, and it’s not going to resolve itself any time soon.

“Hopefully we can just make sure that if Anthony Joshua can beat Kubrat Pulev on December 12, then the path is clear for AJ against Fury in 2021.”

Warren joined talkSPORT Breakfast on Wednesday morning to provide an update on Wilder’s process as he tries to force a third fight through.

He said: “They’ve gone to an arbitration hearing in the States for an arbitration judge to make a decision on whether it should go ahead or not.

“As far as this side of the table is concerned, that contract is at an end. It can’t go on for obvious reasons because the income needed to make it happen is just not there because of the lack of spectators.”

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
You not helping Bud's case for P4P best with this post

:lolbron:

But I give Bud his due, his performed well and he showed he a beast even against guys supposedly bigger than him. I'm not going to use the excuse of Kell being drained or him being washed because he was hitting Bud with some shyt. He was winning the 2 of the 3, if not all the rounds before he got dropped. Andre Ward said Bud lost all 3.

Give that man his due, he caught him coming in and used his momentum against him. That was more so a power jab because he's right handed. Bud a great fighter and makes adjustments that 99% of fighters can't.

What’s the difference between Kell Brook N Gamboa?? Kovalev?? Rios??

Bud stans wanna give the nikka his Flowers N inflate this W but be the same ones :hhh:at fights N opps of the same caliber

It’s Corny af N nikkas here let it slide cuz they got they agendas but then :mjcry: when it comes around to them :manny: