Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
make em mad season has returned:troll:
6EFAYiN.gif

Hfxncev.png

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I agree, but in all fairness

Bob selectively takes care of fighters, which is why someone like Bradley is so loyal to top rank. I’m willing to bet Crawford would be reluctant to leave such a good situation, and will explore all options that will allow him to stay with TR before leaving for PBC.

Pacquaio was also comfortable with top rank, and only left to fight pbc welters. The fact that his team is even entertaining Crawford instead of just finishing out the contract against someone like Mikey just illustrates to me he wants TR involved in the fight.

Y’all know how boxing is though, every relationship is different. Boxer A can have a great relationship with Don King, while Boxer B was robbed. That’s just how it goes.

Yup
Bradley made out pretty damn good dealing with Top Rank. They're definitely not for everybody. Bradley got all the bouts he wanted including a series of Pac fights with a win he didn't deserve. Even got into commentary from the Tru Tv Top Rank cards. Bob actually had a decent welterweight roster for Bradley to match up with. When it was Bud's go round, that well kinda dried up. Circumstances changed. That's also why Bud didn't need to resign with them.

BOXINGGEMS

@MansaRhea On Instagram and Twitter
Daps
Reppin
MIA to ATL
Saw this today... it’s not photoshopped....

02-C1139-C-6-CDB-492-A-9-E22-7-C8-FA785-D882.png

Wonder why Kell Brook got dropped by a jab brehs :mjlol:

I won’t even post this in the fight thread cuz nikkas is swearing Brook was Not washed :comeon:

nikka looks like he crawled out from under the World Trade Center :hhh:

had 1 fight at 147 in FOUR YEARS... was kod twice in that time... had each eye socket broken N oh yea he didn’t have his trainer for the fight either

You not helping Bud's case for P4P best with this post

:lolbron:

But I give Bud his due, his performed well and he showed he a beast even against guys supposedly bigger than him. I'm not going to use the excuse of Kell being drained or him being washed because he was hitting Bud with some shyt. He was winning the 2 of the 3, if not all the rounds before he got dropped. Andre Ward said Bud lost all 3.

Give that man his due, he caught him coming in and used his momentum against him. That was more so a power jab because he's right handed. Bud a great fighter and makes adjustments that 99% of fighters can't.

BOXINGGEMS

@MansaRhea On Instagram and Twitter
Daps
Reppin
MIA to ATL
The best fight hands down at 147 after Spence vs Crawford is Crawford vs Ennis...it won't happen but that's a dream matchup for me. Imagine the constant switches from orthodox to southpaw from both...the chess match between them

:wow:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I agree, but in all fairness

Bob selectively takes care of fighters, which is why someone like Bradley is so loyal to top rank. I’m willing to bet Crawford would be reluctant to leave such a good situation, and will explore all options that will allow him to stay with TR before leaving for PBC.

Pacquaio was also comfortable with top rank, and only left to fight pbc welters. The fact that his team is even entertaining Crawford instead of just finishing out the contract against someone like Mikey just illustrates to me he wants TR involved in the fight.

Y’all know how boxing is though, every relationship is different. Boxer A can have a great relationship with Don King, while Boxer B was robbed. That’s just how it goes.

I don't believe anything that lying b*stard Bob Arum says bruh, he probably never even tried to negotiate with Pac, and Pac's camp has REPEATEDLY said they have NOT been negotiating with Bob/Crawford and nikkas keep ignoring it. I don't get what it is about Bob Arum that even though he gets caught backtracking and lying through his teeth damn near everytime he does an interview y'all still believe him. Top Rank is shiesty as hell bro, believe NOTHING from that camp until it actually happens.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
all facts my nikka.

and the examples keep piling up, but nikkas just ignore it. A lot of these promoters be having prime No Limit Records type of depth when it comes to the talent pool, but for one reason or another they have their favorites and only know how to market and push them and everyone else is some Chris Bosh afterthought ass shyt.

We saw how Arum favored JuanMa over Gamboa, Donaire over Rigo, Rios over Alvarado, Manny and Loma over Crawford.etc....Instead of maneuvering all the pieces where everyone can reach their highest potential, he only moves the pieces that will maximize his favorites. Unfortunately, some fighters (like Crawford) be compliant with his fukkery. Lowkey these promoters be stans.

Agreed on Postol being the turning point in Buds career. He let Bob n them convince him that Postol was some type of big win and that everyone else dismissing it just don't appreciate how good you are. Dude believes the hype and doesn't try to fight anybody else above Postol's level. Years roll by and he sees his status barely growing, but now you got new nikkas emerging that are scoring bigger wins in less time gunning for his spot. (Tank, Teofimo, Inoue,etc...)

Bud has the pressure of being a current future HOF that never beat anyone on his level. He knows he only has a good 3 years tops left in the game and has to stay undefeated or his legacy takes a massive hit. That's gotta weigh heavy knowing sharks like Spence, Swift, Thurman, and Porter are around.

Boxers should know by now that Top Rank can build you up to a regional success or get you a belt, (you should know by then if you're one of their favorites) but it gets iffy after that so move accordingly.

When (not if) Bud finally takes an L it's gonna be a massive drop for him unless it's a very controversial L. "Fans" will shyt on his legacy & say he was never as good as advertised even though we know he's damn good. And it'll be mostly on him

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
When (not if) Bud finally takes an L it's gonna be a massive drop for him unless it's a very controversial L. "Fans" will shyt on his legacy & say he was never as good as advertised even though we know he's damn good. And it'll be mostly on him

If Crawford would of just signed with the PBC 3 years ago like he should have he would of probably gotten all those legacy defining fights by now and nobody would of ever questioned his pre 147 resume.

Him vs Danny Garcia could of easily been built up as a fight between the last two top 140lb champs who never got a chance to lock it up.

Crawford vs Ugas, Ugas has an amatuer win over Crawford they could easily promote the fight off that angle.

Crawford vs Thurman, Undisputed 140 champ vs Unified 147 champ, easy fight to promote

Crawford vs Porter, fight against the toughest gatekeeper in the sport, easy fight to promote and sell.

Crawford vs Spence or Pac doesn't need an explaination, and he could of had 3 fights already for good money and built himself into a real star.

Let Bob Arum and the nikkas dumb enough to believe him tell it though Danny, Porter, Thurman, and Ugas aint worth shyt, aren't draws, washed up, nobody respects them etc etc etc yet with the exception of Ugas, they are all bigger stars and more well known that Crawford. :mjlol:

Bob Arum doesn't take risks with his fighters, he won't put up any out of pocket costs up front to potentially make a lot more on the backend, he won't even properly promote his own fighters and expects them to promote themselves even though HE IS THE PROMOTER.:dwillhuh:

All that greedy old b*stard wants to do is sit back and collect money and that is it. Crawford was a fukking idiot foe resigning with Top Rank, that shyt is like the apprenticeship program to professional boxing, eventually you need to bet on yourself and move on to bigger and better things.