Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The irony is that Arum had no problem with Bud's marketability when he was filling up them arenas in Nebraska back in the day.

but you can only run to that well for so long. He made Crawford into a nice lil regional success, but kept him at that level for too long. Bud should have been fighting the pbc guys back when he was at 140 and expanding his name then. Now it just feels like he the late nikka to the party.

The Postol fight fukked up the push ... they really overestimated Postols as an opp... Bud fought scary af N it did Quando Rondo numbers

after that it was bum after bum N clout chasing using PBC names but fighting More bums... the whole lead up to Mean Machine was talking about PBC :mindblown:

They thought they could use Khans name N finally do numbers ... paid top fukking dollar N did Memphis Bleek Numbers

Conlan out did Bud on his own card... but Swift N Porter N Keith ain’t forth the stimulus :wtf:

Bob won’t take a risk with his top fighters ... Wouldnt let Floyd fight DLH... Kept Oscar away from the Tito rematch... Manny away from Floyd.. Jccjr had to force the Martinez fight... we can go on N on

but nah it’s always nikkas duckin nikkas scary nikkas ain’t worth the $$$ :camby:

So here we are Choc telling y’all I told you so :smugbiden:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
The Postol fight fukked up the push ... they really overestimated Postols as an opp... Bud fought scary af N it did Quando Rondo numbers

after that it was bum after bum N clout chasing using PBC names but fighting More bums... the whole lead up to Mean Machine was talking about PBC :mindblown:

They thought they could use Khans name N finally do numbers ... paid top fukking dollar N did Memphis Bleek Numbers

Conlan out did Bud on his own card... but Swift N Porter N Keith ain’t forth the stimulus :wtf:

Bob won’t take a risk with his top fighters ... Wouldnt let Floyd fight DLH... Kept Oscar away from the Tito rematch... Manny away from Floyd.. Jccjr had to force the Martinez fight... we can go on N on

but nah it’s always nikkas duckin nikkas scary nikkas ain’t worth the $$$ :camby:

Rep :salute:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

all facts my nikka.

and the examples keep piling up, but nikkas just ignore it. A lot of these promoters be having prime No Limit Records type of depth when it comes to the talent pool, but for one reason or another they have their favorites and only know how to market and push them and everyone else is some Chris Bosh afterthought ass shyt.

We saw how Arum favored JuanMa over Gamboa, Donaire over Rigo, Rios over Alvarado, Manny and Loma over Crawford.etc....Instead of maneuvering all the pieces where everyone can reach their highest potential, he only moves the pieces that will maximize his favorites. Unfortunately, some fighters (like Crawford) be compliant with his fukkery. Lowkey these promoters be stans.

Agreed on Postol being the turning point in Buds career. He let Bob n them convince him that Postol was some type of big win and that everyone else dismissing it just don't appreciate how good you are. Dude believes the hype and doesn't try to fight anybody else above Postol's level. Years roll by and he sees his status barely growing, but now you got new nikkas emerging that are scoring bigger wins in less time gunning for his spot. (Tank, Teofimo, Inoue,etc...)

Bud has the pressure of being a current future HOF that never beat anyone on his level. He knows he only has a good 3 years tops left in the game and has to stay undefeated or his legacy takes a massive hit. That's gotta weigh heavy knowing sharks like Spence, Swift, Thurman, and Porter are around.

Boxers should know by now that Top Rank can build you up to a regional success or get you a belt, (you should know by then if you're one of their favorites) but it gets iffy after that so move accordingly.

BOXINGGEMS

@MansaRhea On Instagram and Twitter
Daps
Reppin
MIA to ATL
Terence Crawford needs to take it upon himself to finally get that marquee fight

Arum blasts Terence Crawford on his expiring contract: "Do we want to keep him?" ⋆ Boxing News 24

“He’s got to promote like (unified lightweight champion Teofimo) Lopez does. He’s got to promote like (former featherweight champion) Shakur (Stevenson) does. Like (Floyd) Mayweather did. Like (Manny) Pacquiao did,” Arum said. “If he doesn’t, then who the **** needs him? He may be the greatest fighter in the world, but, hey, I ain’t going bankrupt promoting him.”

When asked before Saturday’s fight if Top Rank can keep Crawford, knowing that Spence and several other talented welterweights are linked to rival Al Haymon’s PBC, Arum responded, “That’s not the right question.

“The question is, ‘Do we want to keep him?’ I could build a house in Beverly Hills on the money I’ve lost on him in the last three fights. A beautiful home.

This is why I have maintained since day one, Bud Crawford fukked up resigning to this devil. Bob Arum ain't shyt and Floyd been telling these brothas to stop signing with dude since forever. Imma pray for the best with Shakur, he may get his chance at stardom due to Ward and J Prince looking out for him but it ain't safe to be Black on Top Rank.

I hope Bud get out of the deal and get his bread and the fights he deserves as a P4P all-time great talent.

What Tim c00nin Azz Bradley have to say about this though?

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm just now realizing something thinking about it... :jbhmm:

Bob Arum dressed up for Loma/Lopez, but wore pajamas for Crawford/Brook... :what:

Why don't he want Crawford bro? :mjcry:

Probably knows dude is out of there, Bud needs to be adherent to any blackball attempts from Arum. I hope his business is tight and can break away with 'no' problems.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Say whatever you want about Al Haymon, but he takes care of his fighters. He takes care of his fighters so well they name they first born sons after him and shyt, but nikkas still wanna sign with Bob Arum in 2020. :hhh:

I agree, but in all fairness

Bob selectively takes care of fighters, which is why someone like Bradley is so loyal to top rank. I’m willing to bet Crawford would be reluctant to leave such a good situation, and will explore all options that will allow him to stay with TR before leaving for PBC.

Pacquaio was also comfortable with top rank, and only left to fight pbc welters. The fact that his team is even entertaining Crawford instead of just finishing out the contract against someone like Mikey just illustrates to me he wants TR involved in the fight.

Y’all know how boxing is though, every relationship is different. Boxer A can have a great relationship with Don King, while Boxer B was robbed. That’s just how it goes.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Saw this today... it’s not photoshopped....

02-C1139-C-6-CDB-492-A-9-E22-7-C8-FA785-D882.png

Wonder why Kell Brook got dropped by a jab brehs :mjlol:

I won’t even post this in the fight thread cuz nikkas is swearing Brook was Not washed :comeon:

nikka looks like he crawled out from under the World Trade Center :hhh:

had 1 fight at 147 in FOUR YEARS... was kod twice in that time... had each eye socket broken N oh yea he didn’t have his trainer for the fight either

Last edited: