Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Bob's the one who offended that he loses money on his top fighter who he can't secure big fights to.
Expect Bud to promote himself more, a.k.a. act like a clown on social media not blaming himself.

Glad that he won't be a hurdle to Crawford to leave him though, Bud should just go sign with Haymon and pull up on that PBC roster, as it will be easier to make the big fights for him the ratings will come accordingly and all that sudden paying him won't be such a "waste of money"

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Bob's the one who offended that he loses money on his top fighter who he can't secure big fights to.
Expect Bud to promote himself more, a.k.a. act like a clown on social media not blaming himself.

Glad that he won't be a hurdle to Crawford to leave him though, Bud should just go sign with Haymon and pull up on that PBC roster, as it will be easier to make the big fights for him the ratings will come accordingly and all that sudden paying him won't be such a "waste of money"

I mean some of us been saying Bud needs PBC fighters... his ratings are trash N he not a draw

stans N Bud said he did not need PBC fighters

Some of us said the PBC nikkas bring the money N fame Bud needs

the stans here said Bud is a boss N calls the shots :mjlol:

It was easy to tell why Bob only offered 2-3 milly to nikkas making 3 times as much

stans said they gotta come fight on ESPN crackle:wow:

Bob came thru N crushes the buildings ... you hate to see it :manny:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Man I been telling y'all Bob Arum is the only reason Spence/Crawford aint happen already. Spence been said they sent an offer to Arum for a Crawford fight back in 2018 and Bob turned it down and didn't even try to negotiate. Y'all really believed anybody was ducking him? :mjlol:

Bob is a cancer on this sport brehs. :hhh:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I mean some of us been saying Bud needs PBC fighters... his ratings are trash N he not a draw

stans N Bud said he did not need PBC fighters

Some of us said the PBC nikkas bring the money N fame Bud needs

the stans here said Bud is a boss N calls the shots :mjlol:

It was easy to tell why Bob only offered 2-3 milly to nikkas making 3 times as much

stans said they gotta come fight on ESPN crackle:wow:

Bob came thru N crushes the buildings ... you hate to see it :manny:

It's clear that the biggest names at 147 are Pac, Spence, Bud, Swift, Thurman, Mikey and kinda Porter.
Bud is big among boxing fans and he is relatively known to casual sports fans who just sorta keep a tab on everything, but he's not a crossover name. Tbf only Pac is that, point is only the real crossover starts are the ones who are a draw no matter the opponent, the ones who are not crossover stars but rather somewhere in-between the boxing fandom and the mainstream still need good dance partners to sell well on PPV.

I don't make much of the ESPN vs FOX thing, if Crawford would fight the likes of Spence, Garcia, Thurman, Porter on any platform's PPV (cause surely it would be PPV) let that be ESPN, FOX, or Showtime it would sell well.

What matters is this and what Bud has recently said in interview gives vibes like he'd really be leaving them and that would be good for his career. PBC could match up their best welters in recent years with the exception of Spence vs Thurman so that makes me think they would get this done too and it seems clear that both Bud and Spence want it and know that their rivalry will be the defining story if this generation of 147 pounders

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Wouldnt surprised if manny never fights again.. Hes 42 year old senator dealing with a global pandemic in a poor country.

That or I can see him fighting a exhibition with McGregor for major middleeast money then retiring

Spence and Bud need to stop trying to beat a 42 year old and fight each other

Word I can see that happening.
Once Pac beat Thurman (who was the most accomplished young nikka at welter) it killed the whole Pac lottery for me. Why would I wanna see Pac fight nikkas that haven't even beat Porter and Swift yet. Spence n Bud should be facing each other with the winner looking to retire Pac. It would be the only meaningful big fight left at 147, but nikkas is trying to skip steps.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
It's clear that the biggest names at 147 are Pac, Spence, Bud, Swift, Thurman, Mikey and kinda Porter.
Bud is big among boxing fans and he is relatively known to casual sports fans who just sorta keep a tab on everything, but he's not a crossover name. Tbf only Pac is that, point is only the real crossover starts are the ones who are a draw no matter the opponent, the ones who are not crossover stars but rather somewhere in-between the boxing fandom and the mainstream still need good dance partners to sell well on PPV.

I don't make much of the ESPN vs FOX thing, if Crawford would fight the likes of Spence, Garcia, Thurman, Porter on any platform's PPV (cause surely it would be PPV) let that be ESPN, FOX, or Showtime it would sell well.

What matters is this and what Bud has recently said in interview gives vibes like he'd really be leaving them and that would be good for his career. PBC could match up their best welters in recent years with the exception of Spence vs Thurman so that makes me think they would get this done too and it seems clear that both Bud and Spence want it and know that their rivalry will be the defining story if this generation of 147 pounders

We kno it’ll sell breh... that was the whole issue with offering Swift Salka money but giving a bag to Khan

not wanting to pay Thurman when he does legit Numbers

instead of admitting the mistake stans go full retard N Swift Thurman Porter isn’t worth Buds time arent draws etc etc

a whole network campaign discrediting accomplished draws N calling them scary N for what??

shyt could’ve been way different

now Bob pretty much said all y’all retarded Bud can’t draw shyt I might not want him :mjlol:

the sad part is this isn’t the first time Arum does this N nikkas fall for it erry time :mjlol:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
We kno it’ll sell breh... that was the whole issue with offering Swift Salka money but giving a bag to Khan

not wanting to pay Thurman when he does legit Numbers

instead of admitting the mistake stans go full retard N Swift Thurman Porter isn’t worth Buds time arent draws etc etc

a whole network campaign discrediting accomplished draws N calling them scary N for what??

shyt could’ve been way different

now Bob pretty much said all y’all retarded Bud can’t draw shyt I might not want him :mjlol:

the sad part is this isn’t the first time Arum does this N nikkas fall for it erry time :mjlol:

Bob Arum out of his own mouth said most boxing fans are stupid and have short ass memories and damn he was 100% right about that. I been saying for months Arum has operated like this for years, yet nikkas always wanna bring up some shyt he did in the 80s like that aint ancient history and he been fukking up for a while.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
The irony is that Arum had no problem with Bud's marketability when he was filling up them arenas in Nebraska back in the day.

but you can only run to that well for so long. He made Crawford into a nice lil regional success, but kept him at that level for too long. Bud should have been fighting the pbc guys back when he was at 140 and expanding his name then. Now it just feels like he the late nikka to the party.