Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps

Man speaking nothing but the truth on this one. shyt is funny cuz he used to be a big Canelo stan. :mjlol:

If Canelo never fights again, nobody will give a fukk and boxing will move on. Only time a casual has ever talked about this nikka to me in real life, it was either about getting schooled by Floyd or the GGG gifts.

I done had more nikkas ask me about Broner and his underachieving ass than this nikka who supposed to be some major star in America. Can't use the speak english excuse, because guys like Tito and Mayorga got talked about way more. Mostly because they made for exciting fights and went after the dudes we wanted to see.

Teofimo, Spence, Charlos, Plant. could eventually be bigger if they keep taking the right fights and looking good.

I hate to say it since I like watching canelo fight but :francis:
Especially coming off guys like floyd and pacquiao who were next level :yeshrug:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I hate to say it since I like watching canelo fight but :francis:
Especially coming off guys like floyd and pacquiao who were next level :yeshrug:
Can't fault him for that though as both Mayweather and Pac were exceptional greats who are probably both top 30 of all time P4P.
Just cause LB and other posters here don't have the experience people talking about Canelo to them it doesn't mean he hasn't got a shytload of Mexican and Mexican-American fans (but not even only from these groups, really). He's not as big of a star as a Floyd or a Pac but he is the biggest there is today, or it's him and AJ, numbers don't lie in this case.

The new generation (Haney, Shakur, Lopez, Garcia, Tank, etc...) might produce some even bigger stars but we gotta wait and see.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Interesting turn of events, but wouldn't be completely surprised either, Wilder has been mad quiet since the loss.
Who's your source though?

I read it here, if they are telling the truth they have sources who have confirmed it from both sides...

Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua mega-fight for heavyweight championship is on for 2021 | Daily Mail Online

Also recently I saw Frank Warren say December was very unlikely for Wilder vs Fury 3 and also I do know there is a deadline to do it where the clause expires if it's not done in time, seems like Wilder may not be taking it up, seems like he's citing injury. Will wait for more (personally I hope it DOES happen) but it seems to be heading in the direction where it won't now.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
I read it here, if they are telling the truth they have sources who have confirmed it from both sides...

Tyson Fury vs Anthony Joshua mega-fight for heavyweight championship is on for 2021 | Daily Mail Online

Also recently I saw Frank Warren say December was very unlikely for Wilder vs Fury 3 and also I do know there is a deadline to do it where the clause expires if it's not done in time, seems like Wilder may not be taking it up, seems like he's citing injury. Will wait for more (personally I hope it DOES happen) but it seems to be heading in the direction where it won't now.
Smh quoting the dailymail

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Can't fault him for that though as both Mayweather and Pac were exceptional greats who are probably both top 30 of all time P4P.
Just cause LB and other posters here don't have the experience people talking about Canelo to them it doesn't mean he hasn't got a shytload of Mexican and Mexican-American fans (but not even only from these groups, really). He's not as big of a star as a Floyd or a Pac but he is the biggest there is today, or it's him and AJ, numbers don't lie in this case.

The new generation (Haney, Shakur, Lopez, Garcia, Tank, etc...) might produce some even bigger stars but we gotta wait and see.
They will because they are stars at the same time, Canelo only had one star kind of level guy during his prime and that’s GGG. All those guys could fight each other

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Smh quoting the dailymail

Daily Mail are a terrible outlet, pieces of shyt, but doesn't mean they can't occasionally get some things right, unless they are lying they have sources/quotes (they could be lying) but it would go along with what some other people have said, such as Wilder himself and recently Frank Warren, Fury too.