Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
They will because they are stars at the same time, Canelo only had one star kind of level guy during his prime and that’s GGG. All those guys could fight each other
If promoters don't fukk this up and work together this next era could be good.
Ryan Garcia will collect an L against Campbell imo and Lopez against Loma... but they can still come back from there, I don't think their fanbase would completely turn their back on them. Many of Ryan Garcia's fans are non-boxing fans, teenagers on Instagram and stuff, they probably don't even know or care about his record.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I hate to say it since I like watching canelo fight but :francis:
Especially coming off guys like floyd and pacquiao who were next level :yeshrug:

Hell, I like seeing Canelo box too. I may be critical of dude, but he got elite skills. Its just that at the end of the day, dude is the most forgettable overrated superstar in boxing. Only his stans will disagree, but if it wasn't true, he'd get more buzz for his jobber fights like all the other stars of the past (Floyd, Pac, Oscar,)

fukking Ryan Garcia gets wayyy more buzz than Canelo and that's supposed to be his lil nikka. Imagine the Outlawz being talked about more than 2pac. :mjlol:

Canelo fought Jacobs and Kovalev last year and the world paid more attention to Joshua's fights with Ruiz. :hhh:

Its like the video said, Canelo never really crossed over and became a star. He's just what the sport had left so nikkas rolled with it. Dude might be a Mexican star, but he's not the American star that they hyped him to be. He don't move the needle over here. If he did, they wouldn't have had that man wait until UFC was over before having him fight Kovalev. These nikkas taking naps in the locker room and shyt. That told me right there nobody gives a fukk about dude like that over here. :manny:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
dude just disappeared like...why?

He announced his retirement after Ebo Elder. He was already or close to his mid 30's by then & had a lot of wars

Probably had a lot of wear & tear too. I remember during the broadcast of his fight with Diaz (I think he fought with a shoulder injury) where either Manny Steward or Lampley said he fought a 12 rounder by his 3rd or 4th fight :picard:

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Staying on the Canelo convo, I don't get how Golden Boy never pushed dude to be able to speak English. They had him since he was a teenager and knew he had next, don't make sense that 15 years in the game he's pretty much a mute in American or English speaking media. Hard to be a superstar and carry the sport when you basically show up to fight 2x a year(before the DAZN debacle) and then aren't seen or heard outside of that.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Staying on the Canelo convo, I don't get how Golden Boy never pushed dude to be able to speak English. They had him since he was a teenager and knew he had next, don't make sense that 15 years in the game he's pretty much a mute in American or English speaking media. Hard to be a superstar and carry the sport when you basically show up to fight 2x a year(before the DAZN debacle) and then aren't seen or heard outside of that.

tito, chavez, and mayorga didnt speak english...however it could be they choose not to speak...fighters like margarito and jmm spoke it but they could be just playing the role

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Canelo is the face of one of the largest and most lucrative fanbases in boxing. The two largest stars in boxing right now are not American, but their purses and draw dwarf virtually every American fighter not named Floyd.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
tito, chavez, and mayorga didnt speak english...however it could be they choose not to speak...fighters like margarito and jmm spoke it but they could be just playing the role
Canelo being pushed as the face of the sport and a global superstar, the one who was going to carry the mantle after Floyd, all the names you mentioned competed in eras where other guys were bigger stars. And some of those names mentioned, Mayorga, Margarito, cmon man...

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Got Tank looking like Sherman Klump :mjlol:

iu