Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
@reservoirdogs the way you talk about Rosario is basically what I think of Joe Smith Jr.

I think Rosario's ceiling is basically being Joe Smith Jr. His skills are still too raw, and I need to see way more improvements before I think he's a legit challenge.

Joe Smith has that crazy power, but he does seem to have added a few tools to his game beyond just trying to knock people out.
Actually I think Joe Smith has improved quite a lot recently. His footwork and punch variety got a lot better. He was just an aftertought after Bivol beat him then he dominated both Hart and Alvarez and he’s in the brink of a title shot where he will be the favorire

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Actually I think Joe Smith has improved quite a lot recently. His footwork and punch variety got a lot better. He was just an aftertought after Bivol beat him then he dominated both Hart and Alvarez and he’s in the brink of a title shot where he will be the favorire

Agreed, and just to clarify, I think highly of Smith, while I think Rosario still has a long way to go before he reaches Smith's level imo.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Smith don't impress me... at all. Out of him, Rosario, and Chenko he impresses me the least.

Smith can punch so he has a chance in any fight that's all I'll say.

And what does Rosario got? Dudes only real threat is his power. He's extremely one dimensional, it's not like we're going to see him do anything than use a high guard and come forward in a straight line.

And that's not to say that Joe Smith is some A level all time great, but I think Smith does everything Rosario can do way better.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
And what does Rosario got? Dudes only real threat is his power. He's extremely one dimensional, it's not like we're going to see him do anything than use a high guard and come forward in a straight line.

And that's not to say that Joe Smith is some A level all time great, but I think Smith does everything Rosario can do way better.

Hey maybe so neither of them impress me that much so I'm not going up to bat for any of them. I just was kinda :gucci: when he said Derevyanchenko is more proven than Rosario when one is 0-3 in championship fights, and the other is a former unified champion, even if he was one and done.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Hey maybe so neither of them impress me that much so I'm not going up to bat for any of them. I just was kinda :gucci: when he said Derevyanchenko is more proven than Rosario when one is 0-3 in championship fights, and the other is a former unified champion, even if he was one and done.

Aye so who actually impresses you dog

You're not impressed by Golovkin, Jacobs, Kovalev, Derevy, Rosario.:heh:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Aye so who actually impresses you dog

You're not impressed by Golovkin, Jacobs, Kovalev, Derevy, Rosario.:heh:

I never said any of them suck, just not impressive given how highly some people think of them. Danny Jacobs, Chenko, Rosario are all the same level of fighter to me upper B level. GGG and Kovalev scratch the surface of A level, honestly Kovalev has better wins than all of them put together, he is the outlier here, I don't recall ever talking bad about Kovalev besides the fact he is fukking old. :jbhmm: