Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Don't really see who beat Jermell at 154 at this moment, he doesn't like boxer-movers but not many of that kind at 154. Lubin can box but I don't think he could keep it upand do it at a high enough level for 12 to win, Lara might have the best chance actually but I think he is too old and his legs are gone now.Teixeira can box but not good enough and not consistent enough.
Guys like J Rock, Soro and Castano don't have the right style and/or physical divisions to beat him imo.

With Jermall I'd pick him to beat GGG, even before the Derev fight. I think he loses to Canelo but it would be closer than I thought before. What's really intriguing tho is Charlo vs Andrade. Andrade has the style that bothers the Charlos, he is also a southpaw, taller and rangier, so Charlo's work would be cut out for him. On the other hand Andrade has some lapses in concentration and he can get sloppy (mostly when he feels super confident already). So yea that would be a very interesting fight.
I fukk with Eubank but Charlo is all wrong for him.

For now Jermall is the 1st or 2nd at 160, depending if Canelo still counts a 160er or not.
I've been impressed by the Charlos yesterday, especially Mall, I was expecting him winning a decision but he showed some new things and he boxed Derevyanchenko better than I though he would be able to.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Jermall, he had a plan that he stick to against an opponent better than Rosario imo. He beat him better than Jacobs and GGG so there's that too. Used his boxing very good and showed a better footwork than I've ever seen from him. His defense is still not that great but you can't have everything. He never really let the fight out of his hands, Derevyanchenko didn't have the strings of success he had against Jacobs and GGGeven though he won some rounds and hurt Charlo once imo.

Jermell showed nice adaptation against Rosario, this was a new setting to him that someone visibly bigger than him coming at him behind a tight guard and actually punching as hard as him, tagging him too with jabs and hooks, many would break under that but he adjusted and stopped him.
Both were impressive but Derey is the better win imo, a more proven guy than Rosario.

How is Derevyanchenko more proven than Rosario? Because he gave tough fights to GGG and Jacobs? Rosario at least beat the first champ he faced bro, in my eyes he is the more proven of the two.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
How is Derevyanchenko more proven than Rosario? Because he gave tough fights to GGG and Jacobs? Rosario at least beat the first champ he faced bro, in my eyes he is the more proven of the two.
I like J Rock but both Jacobs and GGG are better than him imo, running both of them so close that in both case it could have gone his way is better than one stoppage W over J Rock to me (also a loss to Gallimore even though that was a different version of Rosario).

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I like J Rock but both Jacobs and GGG are better than him imo, running both of them so close that in both case it could have gone his way is better than one stoppage W over J Rock to me (also a loss to Gallimore even though that was a different version of Rosario).

Jacobs and J Rock are the same level to me, GGG is slightly above them, but Derevyanchenko didn't beat them. The best win on his resume is Jack Culcay, Rosario at least has Williams. Idk I'm not and never have been that high on Derevyanchenko, he hella overrated to me. He a decent enough fighter don't get me wrong, but he takes a beating in every fukking fight and if you keep a jab in his face he really will never be able to get off on you for real, not to mention he can't punch, Rosario may have zero defense but he can punch your lights out at least.

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
Hurd vs Derevyanchenko would be a HOF contender for sure
I read Derevy might be dropping to 154. I don’t know about that but he’s Tough ass fighter man. Kind of like a Shawn Porter (not stylistically) just Always gonna be a tough out and never an easy fight. But never gonna a top 3 guy in the Division. Hopefully he gets a signature win some day :francis:

Last edited:

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Jacobs and J Rock are the same level to me, GGG is slightly above them, but Derevyanchenko didn't beat them. The best win on his resume is Jack Culcay, Rosario at least has Williams. Idk I'm not and never have been that high on Derevyanchenko, he hella overrated to me. He a decent enough fighter don't get me wrong, but he takes a beating in every fukking fight and if you keep a jab in his face he really will never be able to get off on you for real, not to mention he can't punch, Rosario may have zero defense but he can punch your lights out at least.

Who you taking in a matchup between Rosario and Derevy?

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
For now Jermall is the 1st or 2nd at 160, depending if Canelo still counts a 160er or not.

I think it's safe to assume we won't see Canelo at 160 again. He's got enough fights to stay busy at 168, plus he's a big enough draw to drag anyone up to super middle. I can't see him draining down to 160 again as the A side. Maybe a catch-weight.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Agree to disagree, I think that Rosario improved though and I think he gonna be a legit force at 154 if he gets over the loss, he posed a different challenge to Charlo than anyone so far, it was interesting how Jermell executed his plan.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Who you taking in a matchup between Rosario and Derevy?

Tough one to call honestly. Rosario can punch and he has a very high workrate, just like Chenko. Plus Chenko isn't a puncher like Mell. Rosario stamina is shyt though so I could see Chenko pulling away late due to a decrease in activity from Rosario. They both have shyt defense though and take way too many punches they shouldn't.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
@reservoirdogs the way you talk about Rosario is basically what I think of Joe Smith Jr.

I think Rosario's ceiling is basically being Joe Smith Jr. His (Rosario's) skills are still too raw, and I need to see way more improvements before I think he's a legit challenge.

Joe Smith has that crazy power, but he does seem to have added a few tools to his game beyond just trying to knock people out.

Last edited:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
@reservoirdogs the way you talk about Rosario is basically what I think of Joe Smith Jr.

I think Rosario's ceiling is basically being Joe Smith Jr. His skills are still too raw, and I need to see way more improvements before I think he's a legit challenge.

Joe Smith has that crazy power, but he does seem to have added a few tools to his game beyond just trying to knock people out.

Joe Smith Jr wouldn't even beat this ancient version of Kovalev bro.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Tough one to call honestly. Rosario can punch and he has a very high workrate, just like Chenko. Plus Chenko isn't a puncher like Mell. Rosario stamina is shyt though so I could see Chenko pulling away late due to a decrease in activity from Rosario. They both have shyt defense though and take way too many punches they shouldn't.

I think Derevy earned a tune up fight, but shyt Rosario Derevy might actually be a good undercard scrap down the line.:pachaha: