Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Overall good ppv card, although Mell portion of the event seemed to drag along. Don't think it was worth $75 tho (more like $50) Glad I didn't pay for it, but I wouldn't have been pissed if I did. You got a good amount of fades.

Mell definitely top 10 p4p tho. He right up there with Josh Taylor imo. A lot of these other guys aren't getting into enough meaningful fights consistently to keep them there. (Bud, Canelo, Uysk)

I feel like Mall the better boxer now and Mell is the better puncher. I remember when it was reversed.

Payano was the surprise for me. He looked good against Roman and should have won or at least gotten the pbc draw special. He Winkied the 12th and I think that hurt him.

i dont think ive ever watched so much live boxing continuous in a long time..almost 12 hours :whew:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Krillin had Rosario looking like prime Terry Norris in there. :mjlol:

He supposed to fight the winner, but I can't imagine the type of damage another Charlo uppercut does to his career.
nikka might barrel roll out of the ring and down the walk way :hhh:
His neck gonna extend like a rock em sock em robot

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Krillin had Rosario looking like prime Terry Norris in there. :mjlol:

He supposed to fight the winner, but I can't imagine the type of damage another Charlo uppercut does to his career.
nikka might barrel roll out of the ring and down the walk way :hhh:

Rosario doesn't understand that he needs to keep his hands up and he needs to cut off the ring. Jermell actually boxed nicely and made some good adjustments, Rosario was just busy as hell, but like I said in the thread by the end of round 5 Charlo was countering that boy everytime he would come in and I knew it was only a matter of time... just didn't think he would get KO'd by a jab to the belly button. :mjlol:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Rosario doesn't understand that he needs to keep his hands up and he needs to cut off the ring. Jermell actually boxed nicely and made some good adjustments, Rosario was just busy as hell, but like I said in the thread by the end of round 5 Charlo was countering that boy everytime he would come in and I knew it was only a matter of time... just didn't think he would get KO'd by a jab to the belly button. :mjlol:

Mell was already working his body pretty decent so the body shot jab didn't surprise me. Rosarios recaction like a Xenomorph was about to jump out his stomach is what got me.

I didn't think he boxed all that impressively tho. Felt like I was getting the bare minimum from him cuz he knew how easy it was to hurt him. Which he did repeatedly.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I’ll never forgive Hurd for giving JRock life again :scust:

N then changing trainers N struggle boxing :comeon:

Facts
Hurd ran thru Harrison, Trout, and Lara and after a Jrock loss, he's like damn near forgotten. Hell, Jrocks losses get talked about more than Hurd's wins and lost.

and his last performance was horrible. Almost wanna wipe that from my memory.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Mell was already working his body pretty decent so the body shot jab didn't surprise me. Rosarios recaction like a Xenomorph was about to jump out his stomach is what got me.

I didn't think he boxed all that impressively tho. Felt like I was getting the bare minimum from him cuz he knew how easy it was to hurt him. Which he did repeatedly.
Breh body hit the
tenor.gif

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

Jermall, he had a plan that he stick to against an opponent better than Rosario imo. He beat him better than Jacobs and GGG so there's that too. Used his boxing very good and showed a better footwork than I've ever seen from him. His defense is still not that great but you can't have everything. He never really let the fight out of his hands, Derevyanchenko didn't have the strings of success he had against Jacobs and GGGeven though he won some rounds and hurt Charlo once imo.

Jermell showed nice adaptation against Rosario, this was a new setting to him that someone visibly bigger than him coming at him behind a tight guard and actually punching as hard as him, tagging him too with jabs and hooks, many would break under that but he adjusted and stopped him.
Both were impressive but Derey is the better win imo, a more proven guy than Rosario.