Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
tenor.gif

Wonder how long this drags out in court.:sadcam:

Anybody gets their hands on the lawsuit, post it in here asap.

Last edited:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Salute to Teofimo Lopez. He could have just kept on continuing his Highlight Reel for another a couple years....but there’s a good chance he’s about to lose his Zero. All these other young guys are all lip service as it stands :salute:
Imagine he actually did the unthinkable and pulled it off.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
EhcX-ZSX0AAoeWj

giphy.gif

Fascinating, although not much new information revealed.

Canelo alleges that he signed a contract with GB for his next 11 fights. 10 of the fights for a guaranteed 35mil per, and a reduced purse for the Fielding fight at 15 mil.

His contract with Golden Boy did not mention anything about DAZN having a role in choosing his opponents. He alleges that Golden Boy and DAZN's deal for broadcasting rights has certain stipulations and obligations that he was never made aware of.

Apparently DAZN had begun to drag its feet on affirming 2020 fights around the summertime. Canelo was looking to fight in September and December, but DAZN offered way below $35 million dollars, including a package made up of millions in cash and DAZN stocks. Canelo states that they would've considered these offers given that DAZN also promised to compensate Canelo down the line for the pay cut.

DAZN also rejected proposed fights. Canelo alleges that one of the reasons DAZN rejected proposed fights, was because he didn't fight Golovkin in 2019. Another reason given by DAZN was that GB didn't give them an opponent for the proposed December fight. This part of the complaint is setting up the argument that DAZN willfully delayed negotiations, making a 2020 fight unlikely for Canelo, and ultimately wasting a year of his athletic prime and earning ability.

Canelo is seeking to get that guaranteed money, and is also seeking the right to pursue fights with other promoters and networks.

He's suing Golden Boy because his deal was guaranteed by them, so they're on the hook for securing the $35 million for 10 fights. It's mentioned that Canelo and Golden Boy looked to other networks to broadcast his fights, but they weren't able to get the $35 million fee.

He's suing DAZN for not following through on their deal with Golden Boy (which I believe is $40 million per fight, $35 mil being for Canelo,) and for preventing him from fighting.

I wish I had a better idea of what to expect from the eventual judgement. Curious to see how DAZN and Golden Boy respond. Golden Boy was promised money by DAZN, but DAZN was promised certain controls that Canelo was never made aware of or agreed to. :mindblown:

Last edited: