Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Whyte: Andy Ruiz Can Overcome Diabetes, But He Can't Overcome Me
By BoxingScene Staff

Published On Wed Sep 2, 2020, 04:10 PM EST

Heavyweight contender Dillian Whyte has fired back at some of the recent statements from former unified champion Andy Ruiz.

Last month at at Matchroom's Fight Camp in Brentwood, Whyte, who was the mandatory challenger to the WBC title, was knocked out cold in the fifth round of his bout with Alexander Povetkin

Povetkin, 41-years-old, was down twice in the fourth and appeared to be on the verge of getting knocked out himself - when he landed a huge uppercut to knock Whyte out in the fifth.

The loss eliminated a big stumbling block to a potential 2021 unification clash between Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua.

dillian-whyte%20(4)_2020_08_20_171724.jpg

Whyte plans to exercise an immediate rematch clause, with his sole target being a second fight with Povetkin in the fall - possibly on a date in November.

Earlier this year, Whyte was aggressively pushing to get a fight with Ruiz, who had little interest in the bout.

They were featured on the same card in December, in Saudi Arabia. Whyte won a tough decision over Mariusz Wach on the undercard, while Ruiz lost a twelve round decision in his rematch with Anthony Joshua in the main event.

Whyte has been verbally blasting Ruiz since the start of the year - and taking numerous shots at his weight.

According to Ruiz, Whyte has been one of the most vocal trash talkers in the heavyweight division - and is now looking for sympathy in the wake of his knockout loss.

"Stop playing the victim card bro...You talk all this sh-t, disrespect your opponents at weigh-ins, post stupid memes and now we gotta feel sorry for you cause you got KO’d? Get the f--k out of here," Ruiz stated.

Whyte has responded, poking more fun at the body type of Ruiz and alleging that the Mexican boxer is fighting a serious medical condition due his weight..

"Andy Ruiz is glad that he don’t have to fight me. He’s glad the only battle he’s got now is just with diabetes. I’m not on him anymore, he’s glad. Diabetes he can overcome, but he can’t overcome me," Whyte said to IFL TV.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jose Pedraza vs. Javier Molina Finalized, September 19 on ESPN+
By Random Hits

Published On Wed Sep 2, 2020, 04:20 PM EST

Former two-weight world champion Jose “Sniper” Pedraza continues his quest for another world title against 2008 U.S. Olympian Javier “El Intocable” Molina in a 10-round junior welterweight main event Saturday, Sept. 19 from the MGM Grand Conference Center.

Pedraza-Molina will headline a night of fights live on ESPN+ beginning at 7:30 p.m. ET, with the co-feature set to begin at approximately 10 p.m. ET.

“Pedraza and Molina asked us for a meaningful fight, and we believe the winner is in excellent position for a world title opportunity,” said Top Rank chairman Bob Arum.

pedraza-molina.jpg

Pedraza (27-3, 13 KOs), a former junior lightweight and lightweight world champion, returns to the MGM Grand “Bubble” a little more than two months after he dominated former world title challenger Mikkel LesPierre over 10 rounds. Pedraza had an inauspicious junior welterweight debut when he lost a decision to Jose Zepeda last September, but the LesPierre performance established his place among the division’s top contenders. Molina (22-2, 9 KOs) is 4-0 since signing with Top Rank in early 2019, reviving a career that stalled following a pair of decision defeats. Last November, he knocked out the normally durable Hiroki Okada in 65 seconds. He followed up the Okada KO with an upset victory over Amir Imam in February on the Deontay Wilder-Tyson Fury II undercard.

Pedraza and Molina were scheduled to fight on the Jose Ramirez-Viktor Postol undercard on May 9, but the event was scrapped due to COVID-19. The Ramirez-Postol bout finally happened August 29, and now Pedraza and Molina will headline a show of their own.

Pedraza said, "I've been looking for a fight against Javier Molina for a long time. I also had him on my radar because we were supposed to fight earlier this year, but the whole situation with the pandemic changed those plans and the fight was postponed. I kept training hard to keep improving and I ended up fighting against another opponent and had a great performance.

"This fight will bring me even closer to a world title opportunity. My goal is to become a three-division world champion, and Javier Molina will not stop me from achieving my dream."

Molina said, “Going into this year, I had big expectations for myself. I know what I’m capable of, and I’m here to make a statement against Pedraza. I haven’t received the respect or recognition I feel I deserve but getting a win over Pedraza will put my name out there. It’s a huge opportunity, and I plan on taking advantage of it.”

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Though I'm not on board with the ppl who wanted to see DAZN fail from the get-go and I think they gave us some great fights too but I don't understand what the fukk are they doing with Canelo. They are blowing it big time, seems like their board consists of your average businessmen who thought boxing not gonna be any more difficult to handle than anything else. Seems like they have a lack of understanding about what counts as a big, "premier" fight today.

Reading that they didn't count Jacobs and Kovalev as premier opponents for Canelo sounds like they have a distorted picture of today's boxing.
It sounds like they would only count Golovkin as a premier opponent.
Golovkin openly addressed that he wanted to fight Szeremeta, his mandatory before Canelo so that fight won't happen until May.

Either way... the sport's biggest star sitting out a whole year is not good for the sport, DAZN should get their shyt together now and mett with Canelo at a reasonable point.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Luis Ortiz To Fight Scott Alexander On FOX’s Ruiz-Arreola Undercard November 7
By Keith Idec

Published On Wed Sep 2, 2020, 07:26 PM EST

Luis Ortiz will end nearly a one-year layoff against a considerably less dangerous opponent than Deontay Wilder.

BoxingScene.com has learned that the heavyweight contender and Scott Alexander have agreed to fight November 7. The Ortiz-Alexander bout is expected to be part of the Andy Ruiz Jr.-Chris Arreola undercard.

FOX will air Ruiz-Arreola and Ortiz-Alexander as part of a tripleheader that could be held at Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles. The site of the November 7 card could change if fans are allowed to attend boxing events in the United States by then.

luis-ortiz%20(11)_1.jpg

The site aside, the 41-year-old Ortiz will fight for the first time since last November 23 when he squares off against Alexander. The hard-hitting Cuban southpaw hasn’t boxed since Wilder, then the WBC champion, knocked him out in the seventh round of their rematch at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

Ortiz was ahead on all three scorecards – 59-55, 59-55 and 58-56 – when Wilder drilled him with a right hand that knocked Ortiz flat on his back. Ortiz tried to get up before referee Kenny Bayless’ count reached 10, but Bayless stopped their scheduled 12-round bout because Ortiz was disoriented.

Ortiz (31-2, 26 KOs, 2 NC) has been beaten only by Wilder, who lost his title in his subsequent bout to Tyson Fury. Wilder (42-1-1, 41 KOs) knocked out Ortiz in the 10th round of their first fight, which occurred in March 2018 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

Between his losses to Wilder, Ortiz defeated Razvan Cojanu, Travis Kauffman and Christian Hammer in successive fights.

Los Angeles’ Alexander (16-3-2, 8 KOs) has won each of his two fights since Kauffman beat him by majority decision in their 10-rounder two years ago in Lancaster, California.

Kauffman (32-4, 23 KOs, 1 NC), of Reading, Pennsylvania, defeated Alexander on two scorecards when they met in June 2018. Alexander and Kauffman each scored a knockdown apiece during the first round of that bout.

In his most recent action, Alexander overcame Mexican southpaw Luis Rodriguez (7-27-2, 0 KOs) by split decision in an eight-rounder February 29 in Tijuana, Rodriguez’s hometown.

If the favorites, Ruiz and Ortiz, win November 7, they might be matched sometime in 2021. The Athletic first reported last month that Ruiz (33-2, 22 KOs), a former IBF/IBO/WBA/WBO heavyweight champ, and Arreola (38-6-1, 33 KOs, 2 NC) agreed to square off at some point late in 2020 in a battle between Mexican-American contenders from Southern California.

fox on pbc..they must have had different matchmakers than the ones that put together the showtime rollout

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Though I'm not on board with the ppl who wanted to see DAZN fail from the get-go and I think they gave us some great fights too but I don't understand what the fukk are they doing with Canelo. They are blowing it big time, seems like their board consists of your average businessmen who thought boxing not gonna be any more difficult to handle than anything else. Seems like they have a lack of understanding about what counts as a big, "premier" fight today.

Reading that they didn't count Jacobs and Kovalev as premier opponents for Canelo sounds like they have a distorted picture of today's boxing.
It sounds like they would only count Golovkin as a premier opponent.
Golovkin openly addressed that he wanted to fight Szeremeta, his mandatory before Canelo so that fight won't happen until May.

Either way... the sport's biggest star sitting out a whole year is not good for the sport, DAZN should get their shyt together now and mett with Canelo at a reasonable point.
They was banking on that Canelo vs ggg trilogy the entire time.. The problem was instead of them making ggg earn the trilogy they decide to make ggg partner and approve him to face bum after bum after bum after bum.. Meanwhile we cant get a Andrade vs ggg(or even Charlo).. we cant get a BJS vs Callum Smith.. Fights that mean something.. Fights where the winner would seperate themselves from the pack and could be considered as a prime candidate for a Canelo superfight.. Them nikkas dont really know what they're doing over there.. Just throwing money around

Last edited:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps

Canelo getting paid regardless. He already made dazn back down once and it'll happen again:yeshrug:......They lose canelo they lose everything. Dazn were clearly in over their head coming into the boxing world. Their presentation is still hot garbage. They Still ain't done shyt with Jacobs or andrade. They signed golovkin even though the general public doesn't care about him anymore.

Dazn believed they could just force guys to do whatever they wanted. But this ain't the UFC. The fighters hold the power in boxing. Dazn is just out of touch. Wouldn't be surprised if canelo is seeking a buyout. But dazn really can't do shyt about it. They tried to press canelo when he wanted to fight kovalev over golovkin. But eventually they backed down cause they knew they had no choice. These muthafukkers really believe they don't gotta honor contracts :mjlol:

Dazn is about to die a slow painful death