Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Agreed
Swift has a terrible habit of under performing/fighting behind his opponents sometimes. If the version from the Granados fight shows up, we might get a FOTY candidate.
Its that footwork unfortunately where he's stuck in the ground...... it limits him because otherwise he's a dangerous opponent

Last edited:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Its that footwork unfortunately where he's stuck in the ground...... it limits him because otherwise he's a dangerous opponent

I think Swift footwork is decent, he used it effectively against Mattysse. I know that was more of a defensive way, but it helped set up his shots. I think his offensive footwork could use work. He goes into plodder mode too much for my taste.

You gotta have horrible footwork like Khan to where you jump chin first into his range in order to make Swift look more dynamic when he plodding. He can't help but catch you when that happens.

Spence ain't making that type of novice ass mistake.

The axe murderer

Daps
I think Swift footwork is decent, he used it effectively against Mattysse. I know that was more of a defensive way, but it helped set up his shots. I think his offensive footwork could use work. He goes into plodder mode too much for my taste.

You gotta have horrible footwork like Khan to where you jump chin first into his range in order to make Swift look more dynamic when he plodding. He can't help but catch you when that happens.

Spence ain't making that type of novice ass mistake.
Bruh what got me about khan is he has all the tools to be more effective like with that in and out style....fast feet. But he goes headfirst into that hook

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Bruh what got me about khan is he has all the tools to be more effective like with that in and out style....fast feet. But he goes headfirst into that hook

Word
that nikka top half ain't in sync with his bottom half.:snoop:

That should have gotten ironed out while he was being taught the basics, but they prolly saw that he was fast as hell and didn't give it the proper attention such a bad habit warranted.

The axe murderer

Daps
Word
that nikka top half ain't in sync with his bottom half.:snoop:

That should have gotten ironed out while he was being taught the basics, but they prolly saw that he was fast as hell and didn't give it the proper attention such a bad habit warranted.
Maaaan I swear they should have ironed it out when brehscott flattened him

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

Fun fact - this is where my term of footwatcher/feetwatcher came from...birthed from that trash Danny vs Ghost fight...nikkas talking about danny's improved footwork and shyt but this nikka dropped 4 clear rounds in that fight among other things..not seeing big picture..hes a plodding caveman with a chin

The axe murderer

Daps
Fun fact - this is where my term of footwatcher/feetwatcher came from...birthed from that trash Danny vs Ghost fight...nikkas talking about danny's improved footwork and shyt but this nikka dropped 4 clear rounds in that fight among other things..not seeing big picture..hes a plodding caveman with a chin
:russ:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Agreed
Swift has a terrible habit of under performing/fighting behind his opponents sometimes. If the version from the Granados fight shows up, we might get a FOTY candidate.

I'm expecting a non drama UD for Spence but I hope there's fireworks

If he decides to fight in Danny's wheelhouse we'll get our drama & I believe Spence might get more hurt then we've seen if not clipped

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Bud ain't fight in like a year. I rarely bring him up unsolicited. I mainly respond to nikkas hating, if ppl kept his name out their mouth I probably would rarely post in here during the week :ufdup:

You don't have to respond. There's other boxers/topics that's dicussed in here. If you know the narrative on Bud won't change until he fights what many believe is a fight against someone who's noteworthy, what's there to defend?

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Do the right thing WBO...

Order the fight!

Screenshot-20200901-230404-Chrome.jpg

:whoa: they spoke on the phone and both agreed now is not the time
Ppl probably say he not ready but Ortiz can get some smoke.

You don't have to respond. There's other boxers/topics that's dicussed in here. If you know the narrative on Bud won't change until he fights what many believe is a fight against someone who's noteworthy, what's there to defend?

RS. I'ma Cuban B the Bud being 6th best WW foolishness for instance

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
:whoa: they spoke on the phone and both agreed now is not the time
Ppl probably say he not ready but Ortiz can get some smoke.

RS. I'ma Cuban B the Bud being 6th best WW foolishness for instance

Lmaoooo. I get it bc i aint like my dawg GGG catching slander for his resume even though he got ducked by guys who woulda beefed his resume up. The game is the game. Im def interested in Crawford next move after this (probable) Brook scrap