Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
They was banking on that Canelo vs ggg trilogy the entire time.. The problem was instead of them making ggg earn the trilogy they decide to make ggg partner and approve him to face bum after bum after bum after bum.. Meanwhile we cant get a Andrade vs ggg(or even Charlo).. we cant get a BJS vs Callum Smith.. Fights that mean something.. Fights where the winner would seperate themselves from the pack and could be considered as a prime candidate for a Canelo superfight.. Them nikkas dont really know what they're doing over there.. Just throwing money around
It's kind of annoying though that they beat around the bush, talking about "premier opponents", just say you want Canelo vs GGG III damn it...
but idk if they will put similar roadblocks in front of Golovkin vs Szeremeta because Golovkin being hellbent on that fight was the reason that made Canelo vs Glovkin III a non-starter for this year...

And if no Golovkin they need to approve someone else. If "premier opponent" =/= only Golovkin then I'd like to hear the names they have in mind as premier opponents. Because according to them Jacobs and Kovalev weren't qualified.

As I see their best bet now is Callum Smith. But DAZN should pay the guy handily then cause otherwise they never gonna get this shyt done.

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Though I'm not on board with the ppl who wanted to see DAZN fail from the get-go and I think they gave us some great fights too but I don't understand what the fukk are they doing with Canelo. They are blowing it big time, seems like their board consists of your average businessmen who thought boxing not gonna be any more difficult to handle than anything else. Seems like they have a lack of understanding about what counts as a big, "premier" fight today.

Reading that they didn't count Jacobs and Kovalev as premier opponents for Canelo sounds like they have a distorted picture of today's boxing.
It sounds like they would only count Golovkin as a premier opponent.
Golovkin openly addressed that he wanted to fight Szeremeta, his mandatory before Canelo so that fight won't happen until May.

Either way... the sport's biggest star sitting out a whole year is not good for the sport, DAZN should get their shyt together now and mett with Canelo at a reasonable point.
Dazn was a great idea and great deal for consumers. They should have spent big money on particular fights NOT just particular FIGHTers. It cost them their business and failure is imminent.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Dazn was a great idea and great deal for consumers. They should have spent big money on particular fights NOT just particular FIGHTers. It cost them their business and failure is imminent.
They have no idea what they're doing.. They dont know how to build fights.. Why would they demand GBn Canelo have to fight "premier fights"(which he has) but Eddie Hearn fighters all get to fight bums repeatedly where none of them have built their stock.. look at Andrade.. look at Tevin.. ggg etc.. They fight nothing but bums.. instead they tried building an 11 fights fighter Dervyenchenko and now he fighting on Showtime :mjlol: These guys are idiots

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
They have no idea what they're doing.. They dont know how to build fights.. Why would they demand GBn Canelo have to fight "premier fights"(which he has) but Eddie Hearn fighters all get to fight bums repeatedly where none of them have built their stock.. look at Andrade.. look at Tevin.. ggg etc.. They fight nothing but bums.. instead they tried building an 11 fights fighter Dervyenchenko and now he fighting on Showtime :mjlol: These guys are idiots
Derevyanchenko is a haymon fighter :heh:..he went to get the belt from GGG

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Derevyanchenko is a haymon fighter :heh:..he went to get the belt from GGG
:heh: im trippin.. But thats even worse.. They guaranteed a nobody with 11-12 fights $5m who not even with the company and who had just lost to Jacobs at the time.. They will approve that fight.. But wont approve Canelo vs Andrade.. 2 champions within the company :snoop:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
:heh: Thats even worse.. They guaranteed a nobody with 11-12 fights $5m who not even with the company and who had just lost to Jacobs at the time
Derevyanchenko was on pbc cards..before he fought GGG he fought jack culcay in a eliminator on a pbc card and won...thats how he became canelo's mandatory...he was always going to fight on dazn if he wanted a title shot...canelo got stripped...GGG was next in line...and bam GGG vs Derevyanchenko

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

Good fukking co main...my Igbo brethren will become world champion :wow:....hopefully not with a stinky performance

You gonna rock with your Nigerian breh and that’s fine but damn, I hope Glowacki wins this, Okolie is really just a choir to watch. It’s like his inspiration was Wladimir Klitschko when he fought Povetkin

knowing how to tie up is a necessary skill but this dude... :hhh:

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
obedientoblonggrayling