Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Do the right thing WBO...

Order the fight!

Screenshot-20200901-230404-Chrome.jpg

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
The Joe Calzaghe line was my opinion, but.......

Can anybody in here name the guys Bud beat that were better than prime Lacy and Kessler. Guys that could have actually knocked Crawford the fukk out.. I'm not even adding Hopkins to this shyt either, because we all know good and well Bud ain't face nobody on Bernard level.

I'll wait. :sas2:
Where you ranking Bud at 147 breh?

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Where you ranking Bud at 147 breh?

Pac- recent win over Thurman who already had wins over Porter and Swift.
Spence - mainly because he undefeated, but he still has wins over Porter and Brook
Thurman- Had wins over Porter and Swift
Porter - recent wins over Ugas and Swift
Swift - I rank his KO of Granados over anything Bud has done at 147
Bud - Horn, Benavidez, and Khan just don't do it for me.

So yeah I got him at number 6, but I can understand if nikkas placed him ahead of Swift due to being undefeated and having a belt, but I can't rank him ahead of the other 4. So personally he 6, but objectively 5.

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
Pac- recent win over Thurman who already had wins over Porter and Swift.
Spence - mainly because he undefeated, but he still has wins over Porter and Brook
Thurman- Had wins over Porter and Swift
Porter - recent wins over Ugas and Swift
Swift - I rank his KO of Granados over anything Bud has done at 147
Bud - Horn, Benavidez, and Khan just don't do it for me.

So yeah I got him at number 6, but I can understand if nikkas placed him ahead of Swift due to being undefeated and having a belt, but I can't rank him ahead of the other 4. So personally he 6, but objectively 5.

Yeah Danny is an interesting one like to me I don’t know who’s 5th between him and Porter. I lean towards Porter since he won H2H but Danny does a good of knocking jobbers out (Rios and Granados) than Porters strugglefests against guys he should get out of there. Danny’s power from 140 clearly doesn’t translate against Elite comp and he is too much of a plodding fighter against the Athletic and skilled Welters. Porter struggles against guys he should handle but I give him the edge since seems to rise to the occasion against better competition though(got back into boxing shortly after his Brook fight so I can’t call that performance but his Losses against Thurman and Spence he was mad impressive and his Dub against Danny he did his thing).

In a perfect world, Danny pulls the upset on Spence and 147 becomes a Clusterfukk but in reality he’s gonna be gunshy like usual against the top guys and Spence wins in a most likely boring fight.

Swift Knocking out Spence would be best for Business though :ahh:

Last edited:

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Yeah Danny is an interesting one like to me I don’t know who’s 5th between him and Porter. I lean towards Porter since he won H2H but Danny does a good of knocking jobbers out (Bam and Granados) than Porters strugglefests against guys he should get out of there. Porter seems to rise to the occasion against better competition though.

In a perfect world, Danny pulls the upset on Spence and 147 becomes a Clusterfukk but in reality he’s gonna be gunshy like usual against the top guys and Spence wins in a most likely boring fight.

Swift Knocking out Spence would be best for Business though :ahh:

Rios was past it, but I wouldn't label Granados as a jobber. Dude was in his prime and gave Porter and Broner all they could handle. Swift stopping him in a one-sided fight is pretty impressive, but that's literally his best win at 147. He then dropped down to 140 and gave Easter a good scrap so at least hes consistent.

The reason I put that win over Horn, Benavidez, and Khan is because Horn claim to fame is a robbery. He never really competed with anybody else of note at 147. Benavidez never did shyt at any weight and got a super gift against Herrera. and Khan was prolly more shot and past it then Rios.

People keep saying Swift/Spence gonna be boring, but I think we gonna get a good ass fight between them too. Swift is over due for a good performance and I think Spence is gonna want to outdo Porter's performance over Danny.

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
Rios was past it, but I wouldn't label Granados as a jobber. Dude was in his prime and gave Porter and Broner all they could handle. Swift stopping him in a one-sided fight is pretty impressive, but that's literally his best win at 147. He then dropped down to 140 and gave Easter a good scrap so at least hes consistent.

The reason I put that win over Horn, Benavidez, and Khan is because Horn claim to fame is a robbery. He never really competed with anybody else of note at 147. Benavidez never did shyt at any weight and got a super gift against Herrera. and Khan was prolly more shot and past it then Rios.

People keep saying Swift/Spence gonna be boring, but I think we gonna get a good ass fight between them too. Swift is over due for a good performance and I think Spence is gonna want to outdo Porter's performance over Danny.
I been said that it’s a great clash of styles and pre car injury, no doubt it would be a great fight.If DSG is actually aggressive for a change, he has a good shot to win but I have to see it to believe it. Hope sparks fly but not confident in that at all. Hopefully I’m wrong though.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I been said that it’s a great clash of styles and pre car injury, no doubt it would be a great fight.If DSG is actually aggressive for a change, he has a good shot to win but I have to see it to believe it. Hope sparks fly but not confident in that at all. Hopefully I’m wrong though.

Agreed
Swift has a terrible habit of under performing/fighting behind his opponents sometimes. If the version from the Granados fight shows up, we might get a FOTY candidate.