Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I been said Spence-Danny was going 12 bruh, I said don't expect fireworks out that fight. :heh:

All I’m saying is you don’t really see stoppages at the top level of boxing. Quartey has never been stopped. Spence hasn’t showed me anything to convince me he’d be the guy to do it.

In fact, going forward with his career, you won’t see too many stoppages unless he gets a soft tuneup every now and then. He’s not KOing guys that know how to take care of themselves in the ring.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
All I’m saying is you don’t really see stoppages at the top level of boxing. Quartey has never been stopped. Spence hasn’t showed me anything to convince me he’d be the guy to do it.

In fact, going forward with his career, you won’t see too many stoppages unless he gets a soft tuneup every now and then. He’s not KOing guys that know how to take care of themselves in the ring.

I can accept that viewpoint, I can't accept 'very leaky defense' when against top comp so far Spence has been getting touched less than most top fighters. The only fight Spence got touched an amount that can be seen as 'a lot' was the Porter fight which was at close range most of the fight... and Porter still landed more punches on the other two top PBC welters than he did Spence and them fights were at range.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Spence's defense is slightly underrated. He did some incredible slipping and countering on the inside against Porter. The card was close because of Porter's volume, but Spence was dealing some punishment on Shawn, and I don't see any of the other top welters fighting like that against Porter, victoriously.

I can't even remember Mikey landing a meaningful punch against Spence.

The Brook fight was really interesting though. Kell was a strong 147lber, perhaps the strongest at the time, and he gave Spence his hardest fight. 154 should be real interesting for Spence.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Spence's defense is slightly underrated. He did some incredible slipping and countering on the inside against Porter. The card was close because of Porter's volume, but Spence was dealing some punishment on Shawn, and I don't see any of the other top welters fighting like that against Porter, victoriously.

I can't even remember Mikey landing a meaningful punch against Spence.

The Brook fight was really interesting though. Kell was a strong 147lber, perhaps the strongest at the time, and he gave Spence his hardest fight. 154 should be real interesting for Spence.

I been said Spence can be beat, go check my posts I just don't think it's gonna happen at 147, 154 I can see him running into problems and I been said that, and he gets hit I said that too, I said he gets hit about the same as every other top fighter (really it is a little less, just a little though), go check my posts have what's his name who quoted my Canelo posts go find them since he so good at it, yet nobody calls Canelo defense leaky when GGG touched him up 200+ times in a fight, that was fought at about the same pace if not slower than Spence-Porter. Inoue got his orbital bone broke by Donaire who was old as shyt mind you and the fight was fought at a slow pace, Crawford got dropped by fried green tomatoes his last fight and only outlanded the guy by a whopping 10 fukking punches in a stoppage victory and this fight was fought at a god awfully slow pace, Luke Campbell who isn't even half as good as Porter is let's be honest he is a UK hypejob was touching Loma up this fight wasn't that slow of a pace though, yet Spence is the one who gets classified as having 'very leaky' defense? I'm the one who don't look at shyt objectively? :heh:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Outside of the Porter fight which was at close range who has really touched Spence up like that? Mikey? Peterson? Brook? Y'all really underrate Spence in here.

Ike Quartey lost to Fernando Vargas who pressures you just like Spence dows, and he didn't even do it behind his jab like Spence does he was coming forward outworking that man. I've seen Ike Quartey bruh, good fighter, not beating Spence. Want to know a fighter who was mentioned in this thread who I think would give Spence fits, Vernon Forrest, not Ike Quartey.

It aint even standom bruh, I'm just tired of seeing nikkas shyt on Spence and not appreciate what he is doing when fighters out here being hyped to the moon for being mediocre as fukk. I watch boxing bro, I never said Spence doesn't get hit, HE DOES, but to say his defense is 'very leaky' when against top competition he doesn't get hit as much as a lot of other top fighters who NOBODY ever dares to say has leaky defense drives me bruh. Like y'all have this man under a microscope and criticize everything yet give other fighters passes for they bullshyt. I hold Spence to the same standards as everyone else bruh, I just want y'all too as well because y'all don't.

Facts

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
You really overrate Spence bro

How much of Ike have you seen lol? I watched him fight real time just like Spence. He had an all time great jab & very good accuracy. Not to mention he’s got good power. And yes Spence’s defense is very leaky & he gets touched in every fight. You don’t have that luxury going against an elite fighter. You engage with a prime Ike you either get KO’ed or hurt bad unless your José Luis Lopez. Ike got dropped by him who was a huge WW with middleweight power & an iron chin. Do your research & you’ll see why Fishnets & others wanted no parts him.

this..ike gave everybody who he fought hell or pure hell...except jose luis lopez and winky wright

lopez was a motherfukker who when he was on point was a real problem...ike fought him when he was sick too...dude landed 300+ of his jabs at lopez and could barely stop him from coming forward...wright..i just watched pissed off because i knew ike really got his ass beat in that fight :francis:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
yea breh

he’s my favorite fighter but he messed up resigning with TR. breh is just wasting away all these prime years

He wanted them prime years to waste away while he collected $3.5m a fight guaranteed to fight nobodies. He didn't mess up, he secured the bag and he knew it and he been coasting ever since. That's why you don't call somebody P4P #1 who aint ever had a meaningful fight; he got all that praise and really gave so little for it the bar for him was very low so he probably doesn't feel like he actually needs to do more. :manny: