Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
By whom? Receipts please.

"They praise Mikey for his IQ, right? They never really give Errol Spence credit for his IQ."

"I been watching Errol since, you know, for a long time before the world caught eye of him, and I know he can box probably better than what he's been showing... I think the Garcia camp and the rest of the boxing world is underestimating that."

Guess we’ll see :yeshrug: Spence is very good but he’s not a great boxer. Hell probably beat Mikey, but he’s not more skilled, just bigger.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I would be impressed if he's competitive against Charlo.

Mentally, I don't know how you come back from this:

giphy.gif

#hammerheads :mjcry:
Whole system got rebooted

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

"They praise Mikey for his IQ, right? They never really give Errol Spence credit for his IQ."

"I been watching Errol since, you know, for a long time before the world caught eye of him, and I know he can box probably better than what he's been showing... I think the Garcia camp and the rest of the boxing world is underestimating that."

You actually give Spence a fair shake, a lot of nikkas in here don't. nikkas grasping for straws saying 'He couldn't stop a lightweight.' Bruh nobody shytted on Marvin Hagler for not stopping a natural lightweight in Roberto Duran, just for Hearns to stop him in the second round the next fight, nobody shytted on Hagler like they do on Spence when it comes to Mikey. Listen to what Ward said 'I don't know why he didn't get the stoppage, but he threw 1000 punches, he showed a new wrinkle in his game, if I was a coach I'm taking notes.' Just ignore the fact that everything y'all said Spence couldn't do(head movement, footwork, intelligently staying at range behind his jab, fought defensively responsible a full 12 rounds) he showed in that fight. All that boxing ability nikkas said he didn't have and was shytting on him before the fight and he goes in the ring and drops his hands like Mayweather and starts rolling punches off his shoulders and all I hear is 'but but but he didn't stop a lightweight. :troll:' man FOH bruh but i'm the one who don't look at shyt objectively? :mjlol:

It aint about me being a stan it's about me making sure y'all call this shyt down the middle and keep it fair and nikkas in here don't. There is a lot of bullshyt I could call out peoples favorite fighters on that I keep quiet about it, yet I've seen fighters who don't get half the criticism Spence does get passes for shyt they are far bigger offenders of. If nikkas gave him a fair shake I wouldn't be in here going so hard about this.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
You actually give Spence a fair shake, a lot of nikkas in here don't. nikkas grasping for straws saying 'He couldn't stop a lightweight.' Bruh nobody shytted on Marvin Hagler for not stopping a natural lightweight in Roberto Duran, just for Hearns to stop him in the second round the next fight, nobody shytted on Hagler like they do on Spence when it comes to Mikey. Listen to what Ward said 'I don't know why he didn't get the stoppage, but he threw 1000 punches, he showed a new wrinkle in his game, if I was a coach I'm taking notes.' Just ignore the fact that everything y'all said Spence couldn't do(head movement, footwork, intelligently staying at range behind his jab, fought defensively responsible a full 12 rounds) he showed in that fight. All that boxing ability nikkas said he didn't have and was shytting on him before the fight and he goes in the ring and drops his hands like Mayweather and starts rolling punches off his shoulders and all I hear is 'but but but he didn't stop a lightweight. :troll:' man FOH bruh but i'm the one who don't look at shyt objectively? :mjlol:

It aint about me being a stan it's about me making sure y'all call this shyt down the middle and keep it fair and nikkas in here don't. There is a lot of bullshyt I could call out peoples favorite fighters on that I keep quiet about it, yet I've seen fighters who don't get half the criticism Spence does get passes for shyt they are far bigger offenders of. If nikkas gave him a fair shake I wouldn't be in here going so hard about this.

you're learning that there are very very very few fighters this section that do not get criticized...the ones that dont are the ones that arent necessarily popping like that - like for instance sakio bika...one of the few that doesnt get criticized like that if at all lol

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Except there is this gay agenda to prop up dockers like Canelo while whining about these magical rounds of Spence getting rocked like 5 years ago..lol. Silly shyt.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
you're learning that there are very very very few fighters this section that do not get criticized...the ones that dont are the ones that arent necessarily popping like that - like for instance sakio bika...one of the few that doesnt get criticized like that if at all lol

I have no problem with criticism, you have seen me criticize Spence multiple times. What I'm saying is I try my absolute best to hold all fighters to the same standard at least the ones who are considered P4P, I don't have as high of expectations out of lower tier fighters until they step up to that level, and I feel like a lot of nikkas posting in here don't. There is a reason I had to stop giving Canelo passes, it just took a while because deep down inside I really like Canelo, but I can't give him a pass for a string of obvious fukkery but shyt on Crawford for obvious fukkery. The criticisms I see of Spence come off as petty and grasping for whatever you can grasp at to criticize him most of the time. Then to see that he has 'very leaky defense' when other top fighters are getting touched up by lesser opponents he is facing and nobody says they have leaky defense is :francis:. Just calling it what it is bruh, nikkas don't come off like critics they come off like haters to me. :manny:

Last edited:

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi

I mean, for you to think that I'm talking down on Spence, b/c I'm in my feel cause he whooped Mikeys ass..........you know me better than that bro.

When Mikey beat the shyt out of Vargas, was I here? No. Mikey, and the rest of the fighters I stanned, are done with. Stanning fighters is a bad thing. So nah what I said about Spence has more to do with his last fight against Porter.

90% of the SDC Spence dikkriding Coailition, said he'd destroy Porter knock him out in 5 blah blah blah. Well he had the hardest fight of his life, and barely escaped. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I'm using my eyes man. Not my previous standom of MIkey, or any possible (lol) shade I threw Spence's way. He's a realllllllllllllllllllllllly good fighter, but y'all overrate him massively, for 2.5 good wins.

Just my 2 cents though.

Also..........those of us who are true boxing fans, know that we're not going to get every prediction right. Yea I was loud about it, but I was wrong as fukk. Does that mean I have no boxing knowledge? Of course not, I got more knowledge than 95% of the posters here, and that's without watching a fight in.........7 months? So, just strange you'd go on one of my old picks...like I'd be in my feels about it lol. You think I'd do that to you, to win a minor boxing argument? SMH my friend.

Omar Little

It’s all in the Game Yo
Daps
Reppin
B-More
I have no problem with criticism, you have seen me criticize Spence multiple times. What I'm saying is I try my absolute best to hold all fighters to the same standard at least the ones who are considered P4P, I don't have as high of expectations out of lower tier fighters until they step up to that level, and I feel like a lot of nikkas posting in here don't. There is a reason I had to stop giving Canelo passes, it just took a while because deep down inside I really like Canelo, but I can't give him a pass for a string of obvious fukkery but shyt on Crawford for obvious fukkery. The criticisms I see of Spence come off as petty and grasping for whatever you can grasp at to criticize him most of the time. Then to see that he has 'very leaky defense' when other top fighters are getting touched up by lesser opponents he is facing and nobody says they have leaky defense is :francis:. Just calling it what it is bruh, nikkas don't come off like critics they come off like haters to me. :manny:
You dikkride Spence . Is what it is.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

Bika's fight on that contender finale was classic my nikka, but other than that dude always gets into rough ass ugly fights. He's like Porter with less talent an athleticism.

but to your point, yeah everybody in here gets criticized.
The fact that nikka always shytting on GGG, but be wanting everybody to pull their punches on Spence got me like :mjlol:

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
I mean, for you to think that I'm talking down on Spence, b/c I'm in my feel cause he whooped Mikeys ass..........you know me better than that bro.

When Mikey beat the shyt out of Vargas, was I here? No. Mikey, and the rest of the fighters I stanned, are done with. Stanning fighters is a bad thing. So nah what I said about Spence has more to do with his last fight against Porter.

90% of the SDC Spence dikkriding Coailition, said he'd destroy Porter knock him out in 5 blah blah blah. Well he had the hardest fight of his life, and barely escaped. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I'm using my eyes man. Not my previous standom of MIkey, or any possible (lol) shade I threw Spence's way. He's a realllllllllllllllllllllllly good fighter, but y'all overrate him massively, for 2.5 good wins.

Just my 2 cents though.

Also..........those of us who are true boxing fans, know that we're not going to get every prediction right. Yea I was loud about it, but I was wrong as fukk. Does that mean I have no boxing knowledge? Of course not, I got more knowledge than 95% of the posters here, and that's without watching a fight in.........7 months? So, just strange you'd go on one of my old picks...like I'd be in my feels about it lol. You think I'd do that to you, to win a minor boxing argument? SMH my friend.

All I said was that Spence gets generalized as a guy who benefits from his size moreso than his skill, and you said the same thing damn near verbatim. I never said anything about boxing knowledge, standom, etc those are just the receipts.:yeshrug:

It's not like you're the only one who expressed the same sentiment, either. Maybe it's a sentiment that is fading now, but I've definitely heard and read comments suggesting that Spence is merely getting by on account of his size advantage. Perhaps the Mikey fight changed that, but it's not a narrative I just created.

Regardless though, this whole thing started cause I said Spence's defense was slightly underrated. That's it. I'm not calling him Sweet Pea, I'm just saying that he's a bit craftier with his slips than people give him credit for, and I think he actually did a good job in the Porter fight.

Last edited: