Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
Spence's defense is slightly underrated. He did some incredible slipping and countering on the inside against Porter. The card was close because of Porter's volume, but Spence was dealing some punishment on Shawn, and I don't see any of the other top welters fighting like that against Porter, victoriously.

I can't even remember Mikey landing a meaningful punch against Spence.

The Brook fight was really interesting though. Kell was a strong 147lber, perhaps the strongest at the time, and he gave Spence his hardest fight. 154 should be real interesting for Spence.
Hows he under rated

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Jean 'Lobo' Torres Inks Promotional Pact With Mayweather Promotions
By Miguel Rivera

Published On Fri Aug 28, 2020, 06:47 PM EST

Junior welterweight Jean Carlos ‘Lobo’ Torres of Trujillo Alto has signed a promotional contract with Mayweather Promotions.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, boxing gyms in Puerto Rico are not operating, so Torres (18-0, 14 KO's) was sent by his manager Raúl Pastrana to the city of Las Vegas to continue his training.

During his stay and accompanied by coach Yoel 'Yowy' González, Torres was able to perform several sparring sessions with various prospects and world champions, including Gervonta 'Tank' Davis, current lightweight world champion of the World Boxing Association.

“We are very excited to welcome Jean Torres to our Mayweather Promotions family,” said Mayweather Promotions President Leonard Ellerbe.

“Floyd (Mayweather) had a personal interest in Torres because he saw him work daily for 3 weeks and was impressed with what he was doing and decided to sign him because he is a fighter who works very hard and we as a promoter hope to continue the tradition of producing greats, world champions from Puerto Rico," said Ellerbe.

mayweather-torres.jpg

Raúl Pastrana, president of Spartan Boxing stated that, “Mayweather really liked the work ethic of 'Lobo'. He was present at a great sparring session that he had with Gervonta Davis and approached us with great interest in adding him to his promotional company and thank God, everything is a fact for which we are very grateful to Mayweather and Leonard Ellerbe. I also want to thank Carlos 'Sugar' de León, Jr. and former world champion Clarence Adams for all their help in Las Vegas. "

‘Lobo’ Torres, former member of the Puerto Rico National Amateur Boxing Team and current WBO Latino champion, indicated that:

“I went to Las Vegas to work hard without thinking that this was going to happen. I am in a position where at any moment we are called to fight for a world title and you cannot lower the intensity and train half a pot during the pandemic. Signing with Mayweather is a dream come true and I won't let you down. What started as temporary training ended up being a big step for my career. With God's favor we will give much glory to Mayweather Promotions, Trujillo Alto, La Gloria neighborhood and Puerto Rico."

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Outside of the Porter fight which was at close range who has really touched Spence up like that? Mikey? Peterson? Brook? Y'all really underrate Spence in here.

Ike Quartey lost to Fernando Vargas who pressures you just like Spence dows, and he didn't even do it behind his jab like Spence does he was coming forward outworking that man. I've seen Ike Quartey bruh, good fighter, not beating Spence. Want to know a fighter who was mentioned in this thread who I think would give Spence fits, Vernon Forrest, not Ike Quartey.

Kell Brook landed all kinds of shots on your boy & buzzed him. He gives Ike those same opportunities & he's in trouble

You do realize Ike was coming off a 2 year layoff & that was his first fight back & his first at 54 right? On top of that he gave Vargas hell & had him in trouble late in the fight too. By then Ike was out of his prime & his heart wasn't in boxing because he was robbed against Fishnets.

The bottom line is if Spence were to try to pressure Ike like other fighters he's fought, then he's getting stopped

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Kell Brook landed all kinds of shots on your boy & buzzed him. He gives Ike those same opportunities & he's in trouble

You do realize Ike was coming off a 2 year layoff & that was his first fight back & his first at 54 right? On top of that he gave Vargas hell & had him in trouble late in the fight too. By then Ike was out of his prime & his heart wasn't in boxing because he was robbed against Fishnets.

The bottom line is if Spence were to try to pressure Ike like other fighters he's fought, then he's getting stopped

Don't want to hear excuses bruh, if he wasn't ready shouldn't have got in the ring. Y'all aint finna give my boy no excuses if he lose to Danny in November.

Kell Brook still wasn't touching him up that bad bro, and he was being completely outworked the whole damn fight you realized my boy landed 100 more punches than he did right? He landed some good counter right jabs I'll giive him that, but he wasn't up in there piecing that boy up like your boy Ike was getting pieced up against Vargas. Ike had no backfoot and could be out worked and had a tendency to slow down late in fights. Nothing about that combination screams he would beat Errol Spence to me. Vernon Forrest would of gave Spence fits in a boxing ring, Quartey would get broken down bruh if you want to say he survives the distance ok, but I would not favor Quartey to beat Spence at all.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Hows he under rated

He gets sort of generalized as a guy who benefits from his size moreso than his actual boxing skills. Spence is much more than a swarmer, and I believe that his inside work, defensively, against Porter was much more impressive than given credit for.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

It didn't buzz him...lol

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Don't want to hear excuses bruh, if he wasn't ready shouldn't have got in the ring. Y'all aint finna give my boy no excuses if he lose to Danny in November.

Kell Brook still wasn't touching him up that bad bro, and he was being completely outworked the whole damn fight you realized my boy landed 100 more punches than he did right? He landed some good counter right jabs I'll giive him that, but he wasn't up in there piecing that boy up like your boy Ike was getting pieced up against Vargas. Ike had no backfoot and could be out worked and had a tendency to slow down late in fights. Nothing about that combination screams he would beat Errol Spence to me. Vernon Forrest would of gave Spence fits in a boxing ring, Quartey would get broken down bruh if you want to say he survives the distance ok, but I would not favor Quartey to beat Spence at all.

These are facts bro. A 2 year layoff, first fight in a new weight division, & going against a young champ? Vargas was like 22 when they fought. Ike was an inactive fighter in his early 30's out of his prime. If Spence loses (at least to me) it'll be an asterisk next to the win because of the circumstances. None of us know if Spence is even the same fighter he was preaccident

You must've had your Spence goggles on because Brook gave as much he was getting till late in the fight. He landed hard stiff shots consistently. I'm not sure how you could even argue against that

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Lubin needs to get Gausha out of there or dominate to make me think he has a better chance this time against Mell. The winner supposedly gets a shot at winner of Charlo/Rosario.

I would be impressed if he's competitive against Charlo.

Mentally, I don't know how you come back from this:

giphy.gif

#hammerheads :mjcry:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

This is my definition of getting hurt.

This is the hardest I have ever seen Errol Spence get hit and the only time I've seen him legit hurt, none of Kell Brook or Shawn Porter punches did that to him bruh, none.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
this..ike gave everybody who he fought hell or pure hell...except jose luis lopez and winky wright

lopez was a motherfukker who when he was on point was a real problem...ike fought him when he was sick too...dude landed 300+ of his jabs at lopez and could barely stop him from coming forward...wright..i just watched pissed off because i knew ike really got his ass beat in that fight :francis:
Same guard same size but more power and less effective with defense but much more output