Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
116-112 isn't incredibly one sided.. nice try though.... And let's see how many Ls these overrated guys yall like to prop up would accumulate after 70 professional fights and 8 different divisions..

8 divisions and he has never been a unified champion in any of them. And a Judge had it 118-110 bruh.

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
Watching AB on Vlad.

He said something very interesting. Apparently, he’s the one who asked Al for the Pauline fight . I always thought the promoter was trying to fast track him into a PPV Star by having him go to WW. Regardless, he should have moved down after that experiment to 140.
Watched a couple clips, I’m waiting for the full drop... pretty good interviews from what I’ve seen..:

Back in the day 126,130(somewhat)135 and 140 were glory divisions. And drew in viewers, ratings and money etc..

The Past decade or so, it seems like the minimum weight to become a true money maker in the sport is at 147. Maybe it’s Floyd, maybe it’s the casual fan thinking anything below WW are “ little guys” , possibly a mixture of both... but if you’re at 140 and big enough to test the waters at 147, it only makes sense to move up to Welterweight and become a champion in that division.. even if naturally you’re too small for that division.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
8 divisions and he has never been a unified champion in any of them. And a Judge had it 118-110 bruh.
When you've been champ in 8 divisions, Lineal champ in 5, and fighter of the decade, who gives a fukk if you were unifed lol..

the other two judges didn't see it that way:yeshrug:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
When you've been champ in 8 divisions, Lineal champ in 5, and fighter of the decade, who gives a fukk if you were unifed lol..

the other two judges didn't see it that way:yeshrug:

To me it kind of does when all his unification fights he either lost or drew in. This is truly the last accomplishment Pac needs on his resume.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
To me it kind of does when all his unification fights he either lost or drew in. This is truly the last accomplishment Pac needs on his resume.
:childplease:
Yall nikkas dont even respect accompishments for real.. yall pretend you to, but you dont.. At the end of the day you only respect popular names on the resume.. you really belive Pac couldn't have snatched up a unification in 8 divisions if that was really his goal??

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps

Like we don't already know who's getting that shot

ezgif-4-e2b94d579591.gif

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
:childplease:
Yall nikkas dont even respect accompishments for real.. yall pretend you to, but you dont.. At the end of the day you only respect popular names on the resume.. you really belive Pac couldn't have snatched up a unification in 8 divisions if that was really his goal??

I mean every time he tried he came up short bruh, maybe he just couldn't get it done. Pac fought a bunch of guys who had no belts, who had been beaten before, they were still good fighters though bruh so he gets credit, the hypocrisy is when you call the PBC welters recycled when Pac whole career has been about beating recycled fighters. He lost or drew in all his unification fights. Winning a bunch of lineal titles and ring titles and international titles is the same as fukking winning WBA regular titles or being the 'franchise' fukking champion. If it isn't a major sanctioning body big 4 belt(yes including the WBO as long as the other 3 recognize them :snoop:) the shyt don't fukking count bruh. Win the fukking world series for me Pac, then ride off into the sunset. It's the only thing left he has to accomplish.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Like we don't already know who's getting that shot

ezgif-4-e2b94d579591.gif

Canelo about to walk into a unification fight at 168 and his only win in that division is against Rocky Fielding, who Callum Smith walked down, beat up, demolished, hulk smashed, and stopped in the first round. One of the most one sided ass whoopins I've seen bruh. Man I can't lie this will be a fight that can get me to renew my DAZN subscription.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watched a couple clips, I’m waiting for the full drop... pretty good interviews from what I’ve seen..:

Back in the day 126,130(somewhat)135 and 140 were glory divisions. And drew in viewers, ratings and money etc..

The Past decade or so, it seems like the minimum weight to become a true money maker in the sport is at 147. Maybe it’s Floyd, maybe it’s the casual fan thinking anything below WW are “ little guys” , possibly a mixture of both... but if you’re at 140 and big enough to test the waters at 147, it only makes sense to move up to Welterweight and become a champion in that division.. even if naturally you’re too small for that division.

It’s always been 147 and up if you want the money. Having said that , those lower divisions can get hot at certain times. However, all those fighters should be trying to get to 147 if they truly have the frame for it.

That’s why I didn’t really blame Mikey for wanting to be a WW.

Lomanchenko makes solid purses, but imagine the type of checks he would get if he was a welterweight?

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I mean every time he tried he came up short bruh, maybe he just couldn't get it done. Pac fought a bunch of guys who had no belts, who had been beaten before, they were still good fighters though bruh so he gets credit, the hypocrisy is when you call the PBC welters recycled when Pac whole career has been about beating recycled fighters. He lost or drew in all his unification fights. Winning a bunch of lineal titles and ring titles and international titles is the same as fukking winning WBA regular titles or being the 'franchise' fukking champion. If it isn't a major sanctioning body big 4 belt(yes including the WBO as long as the other 3 recognize them :snoop:) the shyt don't fukking count bruh. Win the fukking world series for me Pac, then ride off into the sunset. It's the only thing left he has to accomplish.
:childplease: Yea that shyt sounds nice.. I just dont believe you.. At the end of the day Bud has done just that.. unified in 2 divisions.. became undisputed in 1.. champion again in his 3rd but you feel like Bud needs to still prove something to you by fighting this beltless loser
Keith-Thurman-Flute.jpg

What does beating this accomplish in 2020??
Lineal or RING champion will always be more respected than a alphabet unified champ.. The major sanctioning bodies have done nothing but diminish what it means to be champion

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

due to the politics of boxing, I don’t really fault fighters if they are unable to unify or become undisputed. There’s just too many factors that come into play.

However, the heavyweight division is different from the lower divisions. You typically have to fight the best opponents available if you really want to get paid. In the lower divisions, you can recycle these guys and still get paid.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
:childplease: Yea that shyt sounds nice.. I just dont believe you.. At the end of the day Bud has done just that.. unified in 2 divisions.. became undisputed in 1.. champion again in his 3rd but you feel like Bud needs to still prove something to you by fighting this beltless loser
Keith-Thurman-Flute.jpg

What does beating this accomplish in 2020??
Lineal or RING champion will always be more respected than a alphabet unified champ.. The major sanctioning bodies have done nothing but diminish what it means to be champion

The RING is owned by a fukking promoter bro are you serious right now?! :heh:

And it matters because that is the best fighter available for Crawford to fight right now. Who is better for him, seriously who bro? :stopitslime:

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
due to the politics of boxing, I don’t really fault fighters if they are unable to unify or become undisputed. There’s just too many factors that come into play.

However, the heavyweight division is different from the lower divisions. You typically have to fight the best opponents available if you really want to get paid. In the lower divisions, you can recycle these guys and still get paid.

That's why heavyweight boxing was always the cream of the crop. There is no weight draining or weight jumping to avoid anybody or get easier fights. You can only get so big eventually you have to beat who is in front of you no matter what.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The RING is owned by a fukking promoter bro are you serious right now?! :heh:

And it matters because that is the best fighter available for Crawford to fight right now. Who is better for him, seriously who bro? :stopitslime:
You gotta be pretty naive to believe the promoters aren't paying off sanctioning bodies and havent been doing so for years. There is no real difference from RING and Alphabet belts in that regards except RING doesn’t recieve more money by having a popular fighter in its rank.
Thurman is not the best available. I already told you who who would be better