Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
When and why did the WBO become a major sanctioning body? I wasn't alive for it, but my dad always said it was too many fukking belts when they let the IBF be a major sanctioning body back in the 80's, why did they complicate shyt even more by recognizing the WBO? I remember back in the day the WBO was looked at the same way the IBO or NABF is looked at now, a trash ass belt that aint even worth the trouble of going to get.

Daps
When and why did the WBO become a major sanctioning body? I wasn't alive for it, but my dad always said it was too many fukking belts when they let the IBF be a major sanctioning body back in the 80's, why did they complicate shyt even more by recognizing the WBO? I remember back in the day the WBO was looked at the same way the IBO or NABF is looked at now, a trash ass belt that aint even worth the trouble of going to get.

WBC and IBF are the only ones i care about tbh

WBC for history and IBF for being a great sanctioning body

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
and people wonder why I’m irritated these fighters nowadays will fight once or twice a year

having said that, what Buck did was overboard. Once he got ranked, he should have fell back
Yeah its crazy what his travel schedule was. Wonder if the purses estimated in the vid are accurate

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

Blame HBO N Bob

There’s arguments we had in this thread in like 12-13 when they started the you needed the WBO to be undisputed N I was like since fukking when

the boxing media swang from HBO N Bobs balls N legitimized it further

I want to say Kovalev having WBO N Superman leaving to Showtime N was goin to fight BHop for the big 3... nikkas went full retard with bu bu bu but the WBO

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Blame HBO N Bob

There’s arguments we had in this thread in like 12-13 when they started the you needed the WBO to be undisputed N I was like since fukking when

the boxing media swang from HBO N Bobs balls N legitimized it further

I want to say Kovalev having WBO N Superman leaving to Showtime N was goin to fight BHop for the big 3... nikkas went full retard with bu bu bu but the WBO

Don't get me wrong the WBC and WBA can get this smoke too, but the WBO is a fukking joke. I'm tired of seeing 'Fighter A is vacating his WBO 135 lb belt to move up to 140 and fight for the vacant WBO 140 belt because fighter B vacated it to move up to 147 and challenge for the vacant belt there. Meanwhile fighter C will vacate his WBO 130lb belt to challenge for the vacant WBO 135 belt that fighter A vacated to move up.' And so on and so forth.

That's why I don't really respect that 3 and 4 division champ bullshyt, because most of the time they are literally just swapping a fighter from a lower weight class who finally has some real comp they don't want him to fight into a higher weight class where they know since the fighter is 'new' to the weight class they can stall him out from fighting the top dogs by putting him in squash matches and claim they are being ducked or there are no funds for a fukking fight until they rinse and repeat the whole process of swapping fighters between weights and belts. It's like damn how many times do we have to see this before people pick up on that fugazi ass shyt? :heh:

When is the last time a WBO belt got vacated and was picked up by a fighter who wasn't from Top Rank or a select Goldenboy fighter who Oscar don't really care about and will sacrifice whenever as long as Bob cuts him a check?

Don't get me wrong the PBC has it's problems it aint perfect(looking at all them fukking WBA belts in particular :stopitslime:), but bruh that shyt the WBO be doing is so fukking blatantly coordinated it's impossible to take them fukking serious. :hhh:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
When is the last time a WBO belt got vacated and was picked up by a fighter who wasn't from Top Rank or a select Goldenboy fighter who Oscar don't really care about and will sacrifice whenever as long as Bob cuts him a check?
2 weeks ago on a pbc card where a haymon vs a Mayweather fighter fought for it :heh:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
2 weeks ago on a pbc card where a haymon vs a Mayweather fighter fought for it

You right I forgot all about that still that's one time out of how many?

For instance why is Crawford being rumored to move up to 154 to fight for Teixeira belt there when

A. Castano already is his mando and still needs his fight.
B. Crawford hasn't even fought a single unification fight at 147.

For fukking what to call the man a 4 division champ? That shyt is weak bro.

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I watched Jonas vs Harper the other day and it was an excellent fight, I really enjoyed it. Felt like Jonas won the fight but it was very competitive.
Yeah if hearn wants throw the rematch on Joshua and pulev, I wouldn't be mad at it