Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Agreed. I been saying Lopez sparks Loma right out. You can tell they knew dude was dangerous from the start so they made a big deal about him needing a belt to make the fight.....

even though Loma was so quick to fight Tank at 130 without a belt. Lopez had to get a belt and talk the fight up for damn near 2 years, only for them nikkas to lowball him. :snoop:

Loma has a size advantage on Tank, something he doesn't have against Lopez.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
Dulorme plus money is too good to pass up, I just think he’s flat out better than James
I been going back and forth on this the past couple days. But I'm gonna pass.

As I told my breh @LauderdaleBoss, Dulorme is definitely more skilled (more than James). Problems with him are...

1) He can never put it all together when it matters
2) He's fragile asf.

Heavy emphasis on #2. I could see Dulorme outboxing James, but I could also see James wearing him down and stopping him late. You just can't depend on fragile nikkas like that :snoop:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I been going back and forth on this the past couple days. But I'm gonna pass.

As I told my breh @LauderdaleBoss, Dulorme is definitely more skilled (more than James). Problems with him are...

1) He can never put it all together when it matters
2) He's fragile asf.

Heavy emphasis on #2. I could see Dulorme outboxing James, but I could also see James wearing him down and stopping him late. You just can't depend on fragile nikkas like that :snoop:
James not a hard hitter though.,Dulorme went the distance with bigger punchers. Both got beaten by Ugas but Dulorme only because point deductions. I go with Dulorme ud but wouldn’t be surprised at a James win either.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Porter-Formella, Fundora-Gallimore - PBC on FOX, August 22
By Keith Idec

Published On Sat Aug 8, 2020, 09:16 PM EST

FOX announced during its Jamal James-Thomas Dulorme broadcast Saturday night that Porter will battle Sebastian Formella in the network’s main event August 22 from Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles. Las Vegas’ Porter and Germany’s Formella will compete in a 12-round IBF/WBC welterweight elimination match.

The co-feature of FOX’s tripleheader August 22 will pit Sebastian Fundora (14-0-1, 9 KOs), of Coachella, California, against Nathaniel Gallimore (21-4-1, 17 KOs), of Evanston, Illinois, in a 10-round junior middleweight match. Junior middleweight prospect Joey Spencer (10-0, 7 KOs) also will compete in a televised fight two weeks from Saturday night, but the Union City, California, resident’s opponent for that six-rounder hasn’t been secured.

The Porter-Formella show will include fights following the main event on FS1, though none of the bouts on the FS1 portion of that card were announced Saturday night.

shawn-porter%20(6)_9.jpg

Porter (30-3-1, 17 KOs), a former IBF and WBC 147-pound champion, is rated number one by the WBC and 10th by the IBF. Germany’s Formella (22-0, 10 KOs), who owns the IBO welterweight title, is ranked ninth by the IBF and 17th by the WBC.

The 33-year-old Formella will take a steep step up in class when he opposes Porter. The 32-year-old Porter will box for the first time since Errol Spence Jr. defeated him by split decision in their 12-round, 147-pound title unification fight September 28 at Staples Center in Los Angeles.

Spence dropped Porter in the 11th round of their very competitive contest, but Porter provided Spence with the toughest test of his career.

Judge Larry Hazzard Jr. scored that 12-round bout 115-112 for Porter. Hazzard was overruled by judges Rey Danesco and Steve Weisfeld, each of whom scored the action 116-111 for Spence.

Spence (26-0, 21 KOs), of DeSoto, Texas, retained his IBF 147-pound title and won the WBC crown from Porter.

Spence’s next fight also was announced during the telecast Saturday night. He’ll defend his IBF and WBC titles against Philadelphia’s Danny Garcia (36-2, 21 KOs) in the main event of a FOX Pay-Per-View broadcast November 21 (Errol Spence, Danny Garcia Confirm FOX PPV Fight Set For November 21).

Porter beat Garcia by 12-round unanimous decision in September 2018 to win the then-vacant WBC welterweight title at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

The Spence-Garcia card tentatively is set to take place at Microsoft Theater. The site could change if COVID-19 restrictions are lifted and fans can attend that show.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lara-Vendetti, Angulo-Truax Part Of FOX, PBC Tripleheader August 29
By Keith Idec

Published On Sat Aug 8, 2020, 09:18 PM EST

Erislandy Lara will be as heavily favored to win his first fight in almost a year as he was the last time he stepped into the ring.

FOX and Premier Boxing Champions announced Saturday night during the network’s Jamal James-Thomas Dulorme telecast that Lara will headline its August 29 show against Greg Vendetti. The unknown Vendetti is the WBA’s 11th-ranked contender for Lara’s world super welterweight title.

The Lara-Vendetti card will take place at Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, the same venue where James and Dulorme headlined FOX’s first boxing broadcast in five months Saturday night.

FOX’s three-bout broadcast August 29 also will include Alfredo Angulo and Caleb Truax in a 12-round IBF super middleweight elimination match. The third fight of FOX’s telecast wasn’t announced Saturday night.

erislandy-lara%20(4)_12.jpg

FS1 will air Lara-Vendetti undercard fights before FOX’s tripleheader begins August 29, but none of those matchups were announced Saturday night.

In the main event, the 37-year-old Lara seemingly has been afforded a second straight relatively easy fight.

Lara (26-3-3, 15 KOs) knocked out Mexico’s Ramon Alvarez (28-8-3, 16 KOs, 1 NC) in the second round of his previous appearance, last August 31 at The Armory in Minneapolis. The Cuban-born southpaw won the then-vacant WBA world 154-pound crown by beating the completely out-classed Alvarez, who came in 4½ pounds overweight and thus wasn’t eligible to win that title.

The 30-year-old Vendetti (22-3-1, 12 KOs), of Stoneham, Massachusetts, has won two straight bouts by unanimous decision since French contender Michel Soro (35-2-1, 24 KOs) stopped him in the second round of their December 2018 meeting in Levallois-Perret, France.

The winner of the Truax-Angulo bout can climb the IBF rankings, toward a shot at champion Caleb Plant (20-0, 12 KOs).

The 36-year-old Truax (31-4-2, 19 KOs, 1 NC), a former IBF 168-pound champ from St. Michael, Minnesota, is ranked third in the IBF’s 168-pound ratings. The 37-year-old Angulo (26-7, 21 KOs) is rated 12th, but the Mexican veteran upset former WBO middleweight champ Peter Quillin (34-2-1, 23 KOs, 1 NC) by split decision in his last fight, a 10-rounder last September 21 in Bakersfield, California.

The top two spots in the IBF’s super middleweight ratings are vacant.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Ugas-Ramos, Puello-Barthelemy WBA Title Fights - FOX, September 6
By Keith Idec

Published On Sat Aug 8, 2020, 09:21 PM EST

Yordenis Ugas will get his shot September 6 to win a secondary title and move into position to fight another elite welterweight.

FOX and PBC announced Saturday night during its tripleheader that Ugas and Abel Ramos will meet in the main event of a three bout-broadcast the Sunday night of Labor Day weekend at Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles. Ugas and Ramos will fight for the vacant WBA world welterweight title in their 12-rounder.

The September 6 telecast also will include a 12-round, 140-pound bout between WBA interim super lightweight champion Alberto Puello and Rances Barthelemy. The third fight FOX will air that night will feature undefeated 140-pound prospect Jesus Ramos (12-0, 11 KOs), whose opponent had not been secured as of Saturday night.

yordenis-ugas%20(3)_4.jpg

The WBA ordered the Cuban-born Ugas, who is ranked first by the WBA, and the sixth-ranked Ramos to fight last month, after it stripped Alexander Besputin of its world 147-pound title.

Besputin beat fellow Russian Radzhab Butaev by 12-round unanimous decision to win the then-vacant WBA world welterweight title November 30 in Monte Carlo. Following that fight, Besputin tested positive for Ligandrol, a banned substance, and the WBA eventually took that title away from him.

Instead of ordering an Ugas-Butaev bout, the WBA mandated an Ugas-Ramos match, even though Butaev was ranked second by the WBA when he boxed Besputin, who was ranked first at that time. The WBA also has ordered the Ugas-Ramos winner to box Butaev next.

The 34-year-old Ugas (25-4, 12 KOs) stopped Mike Dallas Jr. (23-4-2, 11 KOs) following seven one-sided rounds in his last fight, February 1 in Biloxi, Mississippi. If he overcomes Ramos, he still would need to defeat Filipino legend Manny Pacquiao (62-7-2, 39 KOs), the WBA’s “super” welterweight champ, to become that sanctioning organization’s true 147-pound champion.

The 29-year-old Ramos (26-3-2, 20 KOs), of Casa Grande, Arizona, defeated Bryant Perrella (17-3, 14 KOs) by 10th-round technical knockout in his most recent bout, February 15 in Nashville.

The Dominican Republic’s Puello, meanwhile, is the WBA’s number one contender at 140 pounds, in addition to owning its interim title. The Cuban-born Barthelemy is ranked third by the WBA.

The 26-year-old Puello (17-0, 9 KOs) will make the first defense of the WBA interim super lightweight title he won last July 27 by beating Jonathan Alonso (19-1, 7 KOs) by unanimous decision in a 12-rounder in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. The 34-year-old Barthelemy (27-1-1, 14 KOs) hasn’t fought since his 12-round split draw with Robert Easter Jr. (22-1-1, 14 KOs) in April 2019 in Las Vegas.

FS1 is scheduled to broadcast Ugas-Ramos undercard bouts before FOX’s show starts September 6. Those fights were not announced Saturday night.