Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps

LOLOLOL

tumblr_ow0p3bErYA1qasfz9o1_400.gif

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self

This was a great performance by Leo. He and Tank should be a really good fight. I'm favoring Tank but Leo has tons of experience, can box and slug and has a good boxing IQ, so I wouldnt be surprised if Leo pulled the upset.

What is with Leo's hand twitching? It's a funny boxing tick that I've never seen before lol. Reminds me a bit of Manny's boxing ticks lol.

KingOFKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Whyte being that high doesn't make a lick of sense

The Wilder disrespect is unreal. Takes a loss against one of the most skilled heavyweights in history and all of a sudden he's 3?

He still holds the highest KO percentage in history and can very easily beat Fury in the 3rd.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
whats going to make spence hard for guys like danny garcia to beat is that jab step back because he can keep the presence of the jab and a simple step back whenever he needs it and just come back and establish his jab again. its such a basic idea and it works so well a lot of the new guys are using it. errol spence, ammo williams, lorenzo simpson, shakur stevenson; all operate out of that jab step back with the high guard. its reliable, its simple, theres not a lot of moving parts, you dont have to overthink it and it just works.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
whats going to make spence hard for guys like danny garcia to beat is that jab step back because he can keep the presence of the jab and a simple step back whenever he needs it and just come back and establish his jab again. its such a basic idea and it works so well a lot of the new guys are using it. errol spence, ammo williams, lorenzo simpson, shakur stevenson; all operate out of that jab step back with the high guard. its reliable, its simple, theres not a lot of moving parts, you dont have to overthink it and it just works.
Thats how I see it..he can work the tall man jab gimmick and not get into a exchange unless he sees it on the inside..spence opens your body up on the inside..

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
Thats how I see it..he can work the tall man jab gimmick and not get into a exchange unless he sees it on the inside..spence opens your body up on the inside..
i will always love slick boxing. nobody beats a good slick boxer i will go to my grave thinking that. but it has so many moving parts, theres a lot you can get wrong trying to be slick. at times i think i am seeing the death of slickness and the greatest boxers will always be the slick boxers. an analogy would be that the step back is a simpler and easier way to create space to shoot the basketball, and its why you dont see the fade away, a more intricate and complex way to create space, as much today anymore. that doesnt mean the step back is a better shot than the fade away. but its why you dont see the fade away a lot anymore.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

That jab step back is one of two reasons why I don't forsee a lot of fireworks in this fight, Danny will be eating that jab all night and from what I have seen he doesn't have anything to neutralize it in his arsenal without exposing himself to danger.

The other reason why I don't see a lot of fireworks is because Danny style is predicated off capitalizing off the other fighters mistakes and openings. Spence doesn't make a lot of mistakes which is why he doesn't get hit with a lot of combos and most of the shots he takes aren't huge shots. Spence is very disciplined and he is not reckless he will not give Danny a lot of oppurtunities, although I'm sure some will be there eventually it is a 12 round fight. This will not be a junkyard brawl like the Porter fight because I'm sure Spence will actually respect Danny's power unlike Porter.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
i will always love slick boxing. nobody beats a good slick boxer i will go to my grave thinking that. but it has so many moving parts, theres a lot you can get wrong trying to be slick. at times i think i am seeing the death of slickness and the greatest boxers will always be the slick boxers. an analogy would be that the step back is a simpler and easier way to create space to shoot the basketball, and its why you dont see the fade away, a more intricate and complex way to create space, as much today anymore. that doesnt mean the step back is a better shot than the fade away. but its why you dont see the fade away a lot anymore.

Slick boxing isn't slick in today's fight game most of the time. For instance, all that footwork Lomachenko has and he can't get out of the way of a jab to save his fukking life. Sweet Pea was slick, Floyd was slick, Sugar Ray Leonard was slick, guys who are called slick in today's boxing game(looking at Loma and Crawford in particular, not the only ones but the biggest offenders given the status they have in the sport) take a lot of punches to be 'slick' fighters.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I always felt like Joan Guzman got hit too damn much for being a supposed "Slick Fighter"

That's what I'm saying. All that pretty slick boxing and you still take a bunch of punches. I can't reward fighters for that shyt, regardless of how beautiful it may be to see it in the ring, if they still get hit or they don't let their hands go, which is another problem with 'slick' fighters a lot of them don't throw a lot of punches a lot of the time.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
That's what I'm saying. All that pretty slick boxing and you still take a bunch of punches. I can't reward fighters for that shyt, regardless of how beautiful it may be to see it in the ring, if they still get hit or they don't let their hands go, which is another problem with 'slick' fighters a lot of them don't throw a lot of punches a lot of the time.

Yup, Lee Selby was supposed to be slick too and then Josh Warrington beats the living shyt outta dude as an underdog. :mjlol: