Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Yup, Lee Selby was supposed to be slick too and then Josh Warrington beats the living shyt outta dude as an underdog. :mjlol:

I rewatched that fight like two weeks ago, and Warrington put a good old school ass whooping on that boy, beat his ass into irrelevance. All that 'slick' boxing don't mean shyt to me if you still get hit all the damn time. The name of the game is hit and not get hit and if you are gonna be praised for your 'slick' boxing ability I expect you to be able to hit and not get hit, not get into a 'hit me imma hit you back' ass fight.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
slick boxing can be tough to pull off but you look at any top ten all time p4p list and its going to be all cute or slick boxers at the top and all the boxer-punchers, all the sluggers, are guys you will see pop up more around the top 15-20 slots.

Depends on whose list you are talking about, I've seen some lists that are shockers, and besides slick cute boxers are easy to promote as well. Media plays a huge role in perception as well. I have nothing against slick boxers at all though... as long as they are actually slickx and not this off brand 'slick' they call fighters now a days.

Yuzo

No nice guys in boxing
Daps
Depends on whose list you are talking about, I've seen some lists that are shockers,
i think any credible list will have to feature muhammad ali, sugar ray robinson, sugar ray leonard, roy jones jr, floyd mayweather, pernell whitaker, all clustered pretty close to each other at the top. now thats already six names right there that you have to include but my point is the reason these fighters dominate these lists is because of their style of boxing. all p4p lists of any era will generally have a slick fighter at the top of the list.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
i think any credible list will have to feature muhammad ali, sugar ray robinson, sugar ray leonard, roy jones jr, floyd mayweather, pernell whitaker, all clustered pretty close to each other at the top. now thats already six names right there that you have to include but my point is the reason these fighters dominate these lists is because of their style of boxing. all p4p lists of any era will generally have a slick fighter at the top of the list.

I just saw a top 50 list that only had Ali, Robinson, and Leonard in the top 10. P4P is subjective, not saying those guys are undeserving but it is still subjective.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
I haven't seen you comment on Spence vs Garcia. Who do you got and why?

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
this fight camp card by eddie has been entertaining...with the exception of 1 fight, it has been fades galore..hopefully this main event finishes early since im taking my lady out to dinner in an hour so we can be back for the showtime card by 9