Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I was watching Callum Smith highlights last night. Why do so few fighters utilize combination punching nowadays? They just try to throw the perfect shot or perfect counter and never follow it up with anything. Their pacing is also much slower. I'd love for combination punching to make a come back. I think Terrence Crawford is the best combination puncher in the game, followed very closely by Canelo Alvarez. With Crawford you just never know where the next punch is going.

by product of the minimalist style that kinda found its way into boxing

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
I was watching Callum Smith highlights last night. Why do so few fighters utilize combination punching nowadays? They just try to throw the perfect shot or perfect counter and never follow it up with anything. Their pacing is also much slower. I'd love for combination punching to make a come back. I think Terrence Crawford is the best combination puncher in the game, followed very closely by Canelo Alvarez. With Crawford you just never know where the next punch is going.
yeah cats not committing to it. They wanna do the safety first approach and rack up points I guess

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
i wonder what discount?..like less than 10 million? :heh:

Didn't I mention this shyt the other day.

That its gonna come down to Canelo taking less in order to secure the Smith fight. The guy making 5-6 mil ain't trying to hear shyt about reducing his purse when the guy he's facing stands to make like 30 fukking mil. :mjtf:

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
"What have you seen from Fury? A couple of feints? Moving around? What have you seen that makes him seem so intimidating? Speed? If the sport is lacking so much talent then all you need is feints and movement to be classed as a great of this generation..... With hard work, motivation and studying you can overcome that," Joshua told Sky Sports.

I definitely agree with Joshua on this one. People let feints and movement disguise the fact that a fighter is getting completely outworked and outlanded, I don't see how you score a fight in favor of a fighter like that even if it looks nice and he makes some good moves on defense.
See Wilder vs Fury 1