Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I guess that silenced the "GGG can't box" angle.

Nah fam, it'll never silence them because the bias in their own boxing eyes won't allow it.

That's the difference between me and the GGG detractors/haters. I can objectively critique boxers I'm a fan of as well as not being a fan of.
nikkas know I'm no fan of Ward and Cotto, but I'd never deny that both have world class jabs. Getting nikkas to admit GGG has one too is like pulling teeth. :what:

nikkas even went as far as saying its stat padding. Imagine hitting someone hard repeatedly with the same punch and calling it stat padding. :mjlol:

I criticize Canelo (mainly his promoter/plot armor, stamina), but I won't deny that he's one of the best counter punchers in the game. That he has great defense and punch anticipation.

I criticize Crawfords competition and how he gets overrated with that thin ass resume, but I won't deny his skills and attributes. Dude fights with a old school meaness that is lacking in this era.

Its like acknowledging that a chick is gorgeous, but also bat shyt crazy too, but :manny:

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
hmmm...can you expound on that a little breh? :patrice:..interesting comparison
Yup. Mainly how they evade and perry shots in close encouter Pirog is way more smoother with his body movements. Plant just utilizes his feet work more.

Starting with the application of the high guard to either block/pick off shots. Though they both like to keep their lead hand lower when not applying the high guard.
s7WWw48.gif

OrdCfRA.gif

sdoib7i.gif

And the way they both slip punches in a similar manner.

758LKeJ.gif

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
"What have you seen from Fury? A couple of feints? Moving around? What have you seen that makes him seem so intimidating? Speed? If the sport is lacking so much talent then all you need is feints and movement to be classed as a great of this generation..... With hard work, motivation and studying you can overcome that," Joshua told Sky Sports.

I definitely agree with Joshua on this one. People let feints and movement disguise the fact that a fighter is getting completely outworked and outlanded, I don't see how you score a fight in favor of a fighter like that even if it looks nice and he makes some good moves on defense.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Yup. Mainly how they evade and perry shots in close encouter Pirog is way more smoother with his body movements. Plant just utilizes his feet work more.

Starting with the application of the high guard to either block/pick off shots. Though they both like to keep their lead hand lower when not applying the high guard.
s7WWw48.gif

OrdCfRA.gif

sdoib7i.gif

And the way they both slip punches in a similar manner.

758LKeJ.gif
word...yeah pirog was slick as they come..i can see what you are talking about..one other strength about pirog's footwork and a slight difference from plant's was that it was smooth and aggressive..aggressive because pirog used shifting like a motherfukker when he came forward...he was a beast with it...thats how he put jacobs away

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Yup and that sorta of pawing fient Pirog did before he KO'd jacobs. I seen Caleb perfom that move but he did it to clinch his opponent instead of deliver a powerful blow.
word...yeah pirog was slick as they come..i can see what you are talking about..one other strength about pirog's footwork and a slight difference from plant's was that it was smooth and aggressive..aggressive because pirog used shifting like a motherfukker when he came forward...he was a beast with it...thats how he put jacobs away

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
I was watching Callum Smith highlights last night. Why do so few fighters utilize combination punching nowadays? They just try to throw the perfect shot or perfect counter and never follow it up with anything. Their pacing is also much slower. I'd love for combination punching to make a come back. I think Terrence Crawford is the best combination puncher in the game, followed very closely by Canelo Alvarez. With Crawford you just never know where the next punch is going.