Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I was watching Callum Smith highlights last night. Why do so few fighters utilize combination punching nowadays? They just try to throw the perfect shot or perfect counter and never follow it up with anything. Their pacing is also much slower. I'd love for combination punching to make a come back. I think Terrence Crawford is the best combination puncher in the game, followed very closely by Canelo Alvarez. With Crawford you just never know where the next punch is going.

A lot of fighters have shyt conditioning that's why, but as far as Callum Smith he doesn't throw alot of combinations because he is very long and is good at picking his spots at range and opening you up slowly over time. He is also very good at exploiting openings cause his timing is decent and he has a good understanding of range and knows how to find it he is actually a good boxer in the fundamental sense, he just don't know how to fight on the inside(most Euros from what I have seen don't, not all but most), but at range he will pick you apart. Not to mention he is heavy handed.

He actually can beat Canelo as long as he keeps his hands busy and uses his jab to keep Canelo from getting inside, which is exactly what I would see Canelo doing because like I said at range he can pick you apart and Canelo doesn't have the workrate or the footwork like Ryder does to throw him off his rhythm. Callum Smith vs Canelo would actually be a good fight.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I just now saw this, I'll give Cinnamon the GGG fights, but Jacobs and Kovalev :camby:.

Charlo and Andrade were right there for him to fight on both occasions. Could have potentially took 2 zeroes. Them fights were weak aa hell bruh.
Nah breh I like Andrade a lot but you won’t sell me him and Charlo as clearly better competition than a still top 3 (at the time) freaking 175er and a Jacobs who was (is) a way more proven fighter than both Andrade and Charlo.

GGG X2, Jacobs, Kovalev.
No fighter in the entire sport has such a good recent resume. Absolutely none.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Nah breh I like Andrade a lot but you won’t sell me him and Charlo as clearly better competition than a still top 3 (at the time) freaking 175er and a Jacobs who was (is) a way more proven fighter than both Andrade and Charlo.

GGG X2, Jacobs, Kovalev.
Come on man, you're looking at names and not where they were at in their careers. Jacobs and Kovalev at that point are not more impressive than Charlo and Andrade would have been. Canelo has the most overrated resume in boxing, bar none. On top of that for being the so called best he is easily the most protected fighter of this era. Looking at his resume, he only has 2 wins that jump out at you where you can say, "wow, he took a huge risk and won": the GGG 2nd fight and the Lara fight. Only 2 breh. If you want to add a resurgent Cotto, okay sure. 3 then. That shouldn't be the case if he is truly the best.

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
Come on man, you're looking at names and not where they were at in their careers. Jacobs and Kovalev at that point are not more impressive than Charlo and Andrade would have been. Canelo has the most overrated resume in boxing, bar none. On top of that for being the so called best he is easily the most protected fighter of this era. Looking at his resume, he only has 2 wins that jump out at you where you can say, "wow, he took a huge risk and won": the GGG 2nd fight and the Lara fight. Only 2 breh. If you want to add a resurgent Cotto, okay sure. 3 then. That shouldn't be the case if he is truly the best.
Aside from Manny.. what current fighter has a resume like Canelo? Imma fan of both Andrade and Charlo... they haven’t fought a soul at 160 at this point in their career...do their resumes come close to his? The guy has a better list of fighters he’s faced than the top 5 middleweights and 168er’s combined and I’m probably not even exaggerating :pachaha:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

Only in the Ring is that version of Kovalev looked at as some type of threat or major win. :mjlol: shyt was a cherry pick from the start. That's why the boxing gods punished that ginger by making him play 2nd fiddle to UFC that night. :francis:

I got no problems with the Jacobs fight. He was a legit opponent and coming off the Dervenchenko win. Can't really hate on that. Now his performance during that fight is a different story.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
That Superbad KO was :hhh:

Vergil Ortiz is still a fukking beast and his footwork looked like it got even better. I'm sure nikkas gon be taking their sweet time accepting that fade.

that little mexican chick is going to become must see for women's boxing

in 2 fights - she puts to shame the headliner and his worn down faded racist champion opponent on his card by engaging in a bloody FOTY war with another mexican chick that ended with a badou jack special and then next fight she goes viral by knocking the fukk out a novice that shouldn't have been in the ring with her in a KO of the year candidate

Ortiz vs Ugas from what they were talking about needs to be made then

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
that little mexican chick is going to become must see for women's boxing

in 2 fights - she puts to shame the headliner and his worn down faded racist champion opponent on his card by engaging in a bloody FOTY war with another mexican chick that ended with a badou jack special and then next fight she goes viral by knocking the fukk out a novice that shouldn't have been in the ring with her in a KO of the year candidate

Ortiz vs Ugas from what they were talking about needs to be made then

:mjlol:

all facts

and yes Ortiz jr vs Ugas would be a great fight that should be made next. :whew:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

GGG X2, Jacobs, Kovalev.

If Kovalev would of had a full training camp and not had a war 9 weeks before it would of been a good fight, but how the fight happened nah that shyt was weak bruh.

Jacobs is starting to be overrated by people as well. Decent fighterhe doesn't suck not saying that, but you can't seriously use your eyes and watch him fight and think he was a harder matchup for Canelo than Charlo(who was Canelo's mandatory and Canelo DUCKED) or Andrade. Not to mention Jacobs was already trying to move up to 168 because he was having trouble making 160.

And I'll be honest if you compare they last 5 fights, Errol Spence DOES have a better resume than Canelo Alvarez. Kell Brook(arguably #1 welter at the time, at the very least #2), Lamont Peterson, M. Garcia(top 10 P4P at the time), Shawn Porter(#4 ranked welter at the time) is a better list than GGGx2, Jacobs, and Kovalev bruh. Canelo literally fought 2 guys over the age of 35 on that list, Brook, Porter, Garcia were all in they primes bruh yet Spence gets shytted on because he actually makes good tough fights, yet I'm supposed to praise Canelo for the Liam Smiths and Rocky Fieldings of the world.:unimpressed: