Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

I used to love watching Tszyu fight as a kid, excellent timing, KO power in either hand, cuts the ring off with the best to ever do it, and accurate as fukking hell with great punch selection, never a wasted punch from this man. One of my favorite fighters.

hatton earned my hatred for his style of fighting and everything for what he did to tszyu...shyt was disgusting :scust:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
hatton earned my hatred for his style of fighting and everything for what he did to tszyu...shyt was disgusting :scust:

Hatton was the Shawn Porter or Timothy Bradley of the 140lb division of his time. He has fought everybody, and has some solid wins over guys who you think 'How? :dwillhuh:'. The style was never impressive to me because it is damn near MMA like, but I can't deny the accomplishments. Respect the sport above all else, Hatton retired one of my all time favorite fighters and I have to respect it. :mjcry:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
It was fukk Tszyu after the Zab fight, so I was happy :manny: :pachaha:

I had nikkas so mad at me back in high school when I told nikkas Zab was gonna get slept. I was the only one who picked Tszyu, everyone told me I was crazy, and after that everybody always listened to me when it came to boxing. I didn't look at politics back then, or even watch interviews, all I looked at was styles, ability, talent, and who they had beat. A disciplined fundamentally sound fighter with legit power in both hands was a matchup nightmare for a guy like Zab; who always kept his hands down because he relied too much on his physical talents and he threw fundamentals completely out the window from the opening bell.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Hatton was the Shawn Porter or Timothy Bradley of the 140lb division of his time. He has fought everybody, and has some solid wins over guys who you think 'How? :dwillhuh:'. The style was never impressive to me because it is damn near MMA like, but I can't deny the accomplishments. Respect the sport above all else, Hatton retired one of my all time favorite fighters and I have to respect it. :mjcry:

i predicted this right down to the round..i had a bet with my brother lol..he had to pay me 50 bucks lol

it was beautiful :ohlawd:..fukk hatton :francis:

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

I watched a build up of this back then, Billy Graham (hatton's trainer) created different game plans for Ricky and had him spar with fighter's emulating Tszyu's style, and about 3 or 4 of the 5 styles/game plan ricky used were terrible..So Billy said, OK we are going to Mull him, bully him, rip him apart and finish him with a body shot (in the later rounds).

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
i couldnt respect it..i thought it was too struggle...tszyu was too great to go out like that :francis:
Manchester was no place to fight during those times my man..brave Kostya took the nice money and went all out and found retirement.
Brutal.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I will say this much though, as far as defense is concerned these fighters now a days don't take nearly as many power punches as a lot of 90s fighters did, especially the heavyweights.

Anthony Joshua is more defensively responsible than ANY 90s heavyweight when he actually just uses his length and fights big, and in the 90s he would easily be the biggest heavyweight, bigger than Lewis or Bowe. Tyson Fury honestly that size difference and his ability to be crafty and move instead of being a big slow behemoth but can if he needs to as he just proved, he is a matchup nightmare bruh. I don't know I can see how this era of heavyweights would have success back then, even if a lot of them back then had more technical skills offensively.