Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
cutting 22 lbs in 6 days is so fukking dangerous..for some reason MMA has the wild weight cuts then these nikkas get on the scale looking like thinner on the verge of collapse and can only drink pedialyte with IV treatments after.,.should never be celebrated

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
cutting 22 lbs in 6 days is so fukking dangerous..for some reason MMA has the wild weight cuts then these nikkas get on the scale looking like thinner on the verge of collapse and can only drink pedialyte with IV treatments after.,.should never be celebrated
It's why I don't understand tony fergusson cut weight for fun then was cutting weight again. Next thing he getting his head beaten in by gaethje. Couple that with dangerous weight cut and shyt could easily go bad.:francis:
It don't help that he learned defense from the Ronda rouse school of head movement :francis:

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
There's a couple boxers who need to use that as they cover photo on twitter too... :sas2:

Make that background Nebraska colors :mjgrin:

full

It's only Monday guys

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
When Charlo ends this guy from being relevant I wonder if he will get any credit for it like GGG and Jacobs, since they hype this guy Derevyachenkp up to be way better than he really is.
Derevyanchenko is a solid B guy, so Charlo should get full credit if he beats him clean. Especially if he gets the stoppage.

Charlo has been living off his J-Rock KO for far too long now, this is the type of fight (and win) that he needs

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wrestling/grappling norms, them dudes try to be big as hell for the advantages in grappling so they cut as much weight as possible at the last minute. Thats why Floyd's team thought McGregor was gonna miss weight when he checked in big as hell during fight week, dude so used to cutting a max load of weight that he still did that shyt for a boxing match.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
UFC guys get paid like shyt, and treated like boot camp. Crackers eat that shyt up though cause the fighters have to do what they white massa Dana White says or else get the fukk on. They hate on boxing because fighters actually have control over their careers and get paid like actual professional athletes. A lot of UFC fighters don't even make WNBA money :mjlol:.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Wrestling/grappling norms, them dudes try to be big as hell for the advantages in grappling so they cut as much weight as possible at the last minute. Thats why Floyd's team thought McGregor was gonna miss weight when he checked in big as hell during fight week, dude so used to cutting a max load of weight that he still did that shyt for a boxing match.

I've heard that wrestlers can't rehydrate or rather gain back a lot of weight because they get a gut and throw up during their match?

Why is it that boxers and mma fighters approach cutting weight so differently?

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
UFC guys get paid like shyt, and treated like boot camp. Crackers eat that shyt up though cause the fighters have to do what they white massa Dana White says or else get the fukk on. They hate on boxing because fighters actually have control over their careers and get paid like actual professional athletes. A lot of UFC fighters don't even make WNBA money :mjlol:.
They acting like mas wasn't considering leaving just a few weeks ago
Jorge Masvidal opens up about reason behind considering to quit UFC - Republic World

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Derevyanchenko is a solid B guy, so Charlo should get full credit if he beats him clean. Especially if he gets the stoppage.

Charlo has been living off his J-Rock KO for far too long now, this is the type of fight (and win) that he needs

I agree on both fronts, he is a solid B level fighter. A lot of people think because he gave GGG and Jacobs tough fights(IMO both of them tow the line between B and A level, good elite fighters, but not great) he is some world beater measuring stick or something. Hell boxing scene has a thread a out it and they think Derevyachenko is gonna easily beat Charlo, this dude Derevyachenko is a slightly above average generic Eastern European(like a lot of these guys in boxing now if we being honest) who I kind of feel a lot of people won't really give Charlo credit for when he dog walks him.

Charlo would of had a bigger fight on his resume... if Canelo didn't duck him. :manny:

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
I agree on both fronts, he is a solid B level fighter. A lot of people think because he gave GGG and Jacobs tough fights(IMO both of them tow the line between B and A level, good elite fighters, but not great) he is some world beater measuring stick or something. Hell boxing scene has a thread a out it and they think Derevyachenko is gonna easily beat Charlo, this dude Derevyachenko is a slightly above average generic Eastern European(like a lot of these guys in boxing now if we being honest) who I kind of feel a lot of people won't really give Charlo credit for when he dog walks him.

Charlo would of had a bigger fight on his resume... if Canelo didn't duck him. :manny:

Dog walk him is way more than just beating him though.

I can definitely see Charlo scoring a knockout, but I'd be impressed if he slumps Derevy under 8.

& Charlo needs to be his own man at 160, Canelo ain't even fighting at 160 any more.:umad: