Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
now he getting at Steve Kim's bytch ass, I gotta support dude going forward.

Sorry breh but I gotta disagree with this
Steve Kim is an a$$hole, no argument there but the tweet Edwards reacted to was true.
Like he can say "don't tell fighters how long they should take to get ready" but anybody who know a little boxing history is aware that in earlier decades dudes fought a lot more frequent. It's not a question of telling fighters what to do from the comfort of a couch (or if it is we can say that to pretty much any criticism toward a fighter) rather having something to compare it to. And oldschool guys fighting a lot more frequent puts some of these current guys who complain about 4-6 weeks not being enough in a funny light.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Especially considering modern fighters have all these flashy S&C/nutrition stuff an whatnot, on paper they should be able to regenerate quicker than oldschool guys and yet some of them are saying 6 weeks is not enough to get in shape.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sorry breh but I gotta disagree with this
Steve Kim is an a$$hole, no argument there but the tweet Edwards reacted to was true.
Like he can say "don't tell fighters how long they should take to get ready" but anybody who know a little boxing history is aware that in earlier decades dudes fought a lot more frequent. It's not a question of telling fighters what to do from the comfort of a couch (or if it is we can say that to pretty much any criticism toward a fighter) rather having something to compare it to. And oldschool guys fighting a lot more frequent puts some of these current guys who complain about 4-6 weeks not being enough in a funny light.
Yea I'm not entertaining the devils advocate play here, Steve Kim is a fakkit, the end.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Yea I'm not entertaining the devils advocate play here, Steve Kim is a fakkit, the end.
It's really not devil's advocate, I wasn't arguing with Steve Kim's personality but about what he said in the quoted tweet.
Whatever... :yeshrug:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Manager: Lemieux Will Not Fight Canelo Alvarez On The Cheap
By BoxingScene Staff

Published On Mon Jul 6, 2020, 03:13 AM EST

For the last few years, former IBF middleweight champion David Lemieux has been chasing for a fight with Mexican superstar Canelo Alvarez.

Several times, that goal was derailed for one reason or another.

Canelo, who holds versions of world titles in two weight classes, is targeting a return date in September.

canelo-alvarez%20(3)_30.jpg

Canelo was scheduled to fight in May, potentially with WBO super middleweight champion Billy Joe Saunders, but the event was canceled due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

He last fought in November, when he jumped up by two weight divisions, to the light heavyweight limit of 175-pounds, to score a knockout of Sergey Kovalev for the WBO world title. The belt was later vacated.

Canelo now plans to fight in the fall, at the super middleweight limit of 168-pounds.

It's well known, that due to the current COVID-19 restrictions, Canelo's handlers are not looking to break the bank in terms of the purse for the opponent. There won't be any audience-based revenue, as Canelo's fight is going to take place behind closed doors.

Lemieux's manager, Camille Estephan of Eye of the Tiger Management (EOTM), would like to get his boxer that high profile shot - but they are not going to do that fight for short money.

"David is indeed in the discussions [for Canelo's next fight]. I spoke with Eric Gomez [Golden Boy Promotions President] Thursday on this subject," Estephan said to The Montreal Journal.

“We are still at the embryonic stage in this file. It will depend on the offers made to us. One thing is certain, it is that David will not fight on the cheap. ”

Lemieux has not fought since December 7, when he recovered from two knockdowns to defeat Max Bursak in a 10-round war. Subsequently, spasms in his back prevented him from fighting in the early months of 2020 in Rimouski.

Lemieux made a fair request :ehh:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Especially considering modern fighters have all these flashy S&C/nutrition stuff an whatnot, on paper they should be able to regenerate quicker than oldschool guys and yet some of them are saying 6 weeks is not enough to get in shape.

Sooo erry fighter N their camp ... trainers S&C coaches etc believe you need 8-10 weeks

But it’s bullshyt because you think so :gucci:

I jus read Masvidal said he’s only been In the gym twice a week N gotta lose 22 pounds by Friday... boxing doesn’t need that bullshyt :comeon:

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Sooo erry fighter N their camp ... trainers S&C coaches etc believe you need 8-10 weeks

But it’s bullshyt because you think so :gucci:

I jus read Masvidal said he’s only been In the gym twice a week N gotta lose 22 pounds by Friday... boxing doesn’t need that bullshyt :comeon:
All I’m asking why these dudes can’t do it now with their fancy new training methods when guys in the 50s fought like every months. :yeshrug:

They could get ready but not the current ones, why?