Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Warrington won all his step up fights and he has the best resume at 126.
He is similar to Porter in terms of style but not the same, Porter uses his physicality more and Warrington throws more.
I don't understand the dissmissal of Warrington, still in 2020, he proved himself already, more so than any active 126er. He never looked like a blue chip prospect with great athletic talent but he carved his way out and his results speak for themselves. I think he beat Galahad too despite looking bad at it.

I aint say he can't fight, but just like Shawn Porter I aint impressed with him. He comes off like a huge overacheiver to me with an ugly ass style.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
this shoulda happened

yo that's not hamed in that flick?: wtf are they on>? some amalgamation of hamed and malinaggi? LOL

and Hamed was ahead of mayweather in terms of career..he was older and on a different path..the fight could have happened but a lose/lose for hamed..judging from hamed's last few performances, floyd would have defeated him pretty easy but just from hindsight.
hamed was a knock out artist but marco painted the blueprint.

remember Marco was sponcered by roca wear for the fight with naseem.. and naseem was bigged up by Nas...LOL

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Pedraza-LesPierre, Mayer-Joseph: Top Rank Planning Card For July 14
By Keith Idec Published On Thu Jun 18, 2020, 01:40 PM EST
Bob Arum’s promotional company is moving swiftly to reschedule the Jose Pedraza-Mikkel LesPierre main event that was postponed Thursday morning.

Pedraza and LesPierre were supposed to meet in the headliner of ESPN’s six-fight show Thursday night at MGM Grand Conference Center in Las Vegas. The Nevada State Athletic Commission scrapped the fight Thursday morning because LesPierre’s manager, Josie Taveras, tested positive for COVID-19.

According to NSAC protocols formulated with Arum’s Top Rank Inc., the promoter of the card, the fight had to be at least postponed because Taveras came in contact with LesPierre within “The Bubble” over the past several days. Brooklyn’s LesPierre (22-1-1, 10 KOs) tested negative Wednesday for COVID-19, as did Puerto Rico’s Pedraza (26-3, 13 KOs).

“We’re looking to reschedule the fight for July 14th,” Carl Moretti, Top Rank’s vice president of operations, told BoxingScene.com. “If both camps agree to that date, that’s when we’ll do the fight.”

jose-pedraza_8

Assuming the Pedraza-LesPierre fight is finalized for July 14, it’d be the main event of an ESPN telecast that also will feature a rescheduled women’s bout between Mikaela Mayer (12-0, 5 KOs) and Helen Joseph (17-4-2, 10 KOs).

Mayer, a 2016 U.S. Olympian, and Joseph were supposed to fight June 9 at MGM Grand Conference Center. Their 10-round junior lightweight battle was postponed June 7 because Mayer tested positive for COVID-19.

Pedraza and LesPierre are expected to take brief breaks before resuming training for a fight that is expected to take place three weeks from Tuesday night at MGM Grand Conference Center.

“I am devasted,” LesPierre said in a statement released by Top Rank on Thursday afternoon. “This was my opportunity to showcase my talent to the world, but everything happens for a reason. This is just another roadblock in my story. I apologize to Jose and his team for any inconvenience this caused. He is a great boxer, and I hope we can reschedule the fight as soon as possible.”

The 35-year-old LesPierre, a longtime employee of Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City, worked on the front lines in the United States’ epicenter of the COVID-19 pandemic, even after accepting the Pedraza bout five weeks ago (LesPierre Experienced COVID-19 Working On Front Lines At NYC Hospital). He has remained healthy throughout the coronavirus crisis, which is among the reasons Taveras feels awful for inadvertently causing LesPierre’s fight to be delayed for three weeks.

“I apologize for the inconvenience this caused,” said Taveras, who tested positive following Wednesday’s weigh-in. “I am not exhibiting any symptoms. I am looking forward to hopefully rescheduling this fight as soon as possible. I am devastated for Mikkel.”

ESPN’s show will move forward Thursday night with Gabriel Flores Jr. (17-0, 6 KOs) and Josec Ruiz (21-2-3, 14 KOs) in the main event. The 10-round lightweight bout between Flores, a junior lightweight prospect from Stockton, California, and Miami’s Ruiz, was supposed to be the first of six fights televised as part of a show still set to start at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Now Prince Naseem Hamed vs Pacquiao at 126 would of been a fight of the decade candidate I think, still giving the edge to Pac don't get me wrong, but that shyt would of been :whew:, and it definitely would not have gone 12 rounds I don't think.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Robeisy Ramirez Aims For Revenge Over Adan Gonzales on July 2
By Elisinio Castillo

Published On Thu Jun 18, 2020, 03:02 PM EST

Robeisy Ramirez wears a thorn on his professional record, but he hopes to eradicate it on July 2. The Cuban has been informed that on that date he would face Adan Gonzáles, the man who beat him in his professional debut.

The loss generated doubts about Ramirez's ability to succeed at the highest level. It also poured a wave of rain over Top Rank's hype for the two-time Olympic gold medal winner.

robeisy-ramirez-gonzales.jpg

Top Rank, the first promoter to return since the coronavirus pandemic began, will continue with their series of two or three weekly events in Las Vegas and needs to find warriors to fill the gaps, so Robeisy, winner by knockout in just 58 seconds in his recent outing, was a clear candidate to repeat.

But no one on the team expected the new opponent to be Gonzales, who beat the Cuban by split decision on August 10 in Philadelphia.

"When the people of Top Rank approached us with this proposal, we accepted it immediately," said Ramirez coach, Ismael Salas, to George Ebro. "Gonzales is a thorn that still hurts Robeisy on the inside and once we remove that thorn it will allow us to look forward without stopping.''

Ramírez, who won by knockout on June 9 over Dominican Yeuri Andújar, enjoyed just five days of rest and returned right back to training alongside compatriots such as Erislandy Lara and Yordenis Ugás, in addition to the Puerto Rico's Félix "Diamante' Verdejo.

Salas, for his part, has wasted no time in reviewing what happened in Philadelphia over and over again, looking for the exacts reasons for that defeat and what could make Ramirez a different fighter this time.

Beyond what may happen, Salas cannot be happier with the development shown by Ramirez, who is still in high esteem by Top Rank and must continue his ascent at 126 pounds.

"Robeisy on that occasion kind of froze a little and in his corner they couldn't get him out of the lethargy, they couldn't keep him focused,'" Salas added. Everything will be very different now. The inner giant and the enormous talent inside of him has been awakened. On July 2nd we'll remove the thorn.''

the right thing to do

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
the right thing to do

I hate this fight once and never fight again shyt that happens a lot now a days, I miss the days of rematches and trilogies amongst the top fighters especially if the fights were competitive, now if you stopped a guy in the first fight yeah fukk a rematch you proved your point, but if it goes to a decision and the fight was close, I would like to see and would pay to see a rematch.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I hate this fight once and never fight again shyt that happens a lot now a days, I miss the days of rematches and trilogies amongst the top fighters especially if the fights were competitive, now if you stopped a guy in the first fight yeah fukk a rematch you proved your point, but if it goes to a decision and the fight was close, I would like to see and would pay to see a rematch.
To me it wasnt close but its an eyesore on his record

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
To me it wasnt close but its an eyesore on his record

I actually haven't seen that fight, but I was speaking in general. Like for instance I would love to see Monster vs Donaire again, Spence vs Porter, Taylor vs Prograis, Pac-Thurman, all of those fights were worthy of a rematch. I think the fanboyism now a days prevents it though, and people over sensationalizing victories.

Like I see a lot of people say Pac outclassed Thurman, bruh that was a close fight look at the judges scorecards, without the knockdown that fight may have been ruled a draw or coulda swung back to Thurman, it's a fight worthy of a rematch, but casuals(mainly talking about Pactards here) keep trying to sell a narrative that Pac outclassed him or beat him pillar to post, when in reality Pac even admitted he took a lot of damage in that fight because Thurman was putting leather on him.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I actually haven't seen that fight, but I was speaking in general. Like for instance I would love to see Monster vs Donaire again, Spence vs Porter, Taylor vs Prograis, Pac-Thurman, all of those fights were worthy of a rematch. I think the fanboyism now a days prevents it though, and people over sensationalizing victories.

Like I see a lot of people say Pac outclassed Thurman, bruh that was a close fight look at the judges scorecards, without the knockdown that fight may have been ruled a draw or coulda swung back to Thurman, it's a fight worthy of a rematch, but casuals(mainly talking about Pactards here) keep trying to sell a narrative that Pac outclassed him or beat him pillar to post, when in reality Pac even admitted he took a lot of damage in that fight because Thurman was putting leather on him.

Keith getting hurt by that body shot really fukked his chances

All people remember is the Kd N then Thurman getting hurt N holding on for dear life