Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Mercer is a tough call because of his inconsistency. He was getting badly outboxed by Francisco Damiani before landing a miracle uppercut that caught him on the tip of the nose and shattered it. There's no shame in losing a good competitive fight with Holyfield and I guess we excuse him losing to :flabbynsick: Even though he was 42 :flabbynsick:, he was still able to put up some tough fights against some top HWs, he had all those smarts and experience. But Jesse Ferguson? That was so embarrassing, he supposedly offered Ferguson money to take a dive. During the fight.

But other times, Mercer looked very impressive. I thought he drew with Lennox, and that was when Steward was in Lennox's corner. Mercer showed a very good jab that gave Lewis problems. And Wilder is far from the world's most skilled guy, to say the least.

Mercer bringing his A game, I can see winning a decision. It would be harder for Wilder to land that one shot to turn things back in his favor since Mercer had a great chin. Not impossible (Holyfield dropped and hurt Mercer with a perfectly timed left hook), but difficult.

agree with all of this..mercer def blew hot and cold

his draw with marion wilson is prolly worse than him losing to jesse ferguson

this was a clear L and should have been but i guess losing to a 7-9-2 fighter will prolly kill a lot of future fights so robbery lol

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Mercer is a tough call because of his inconsistency. He was getting badly outboxed by Francisco Damiani before landing a miracle uppercut that caught him on the tip of the nose and shattered it. There's no shame in losing a good competitive fight with Holyfield and I guess we excuse him losing to :flabbynsick: Even though he was 42 :flabbynsick:, he was still able to put up some tough fights against some top HWs, he had all those smarts and experience. But Jesse Ferguson? That was so embarrassing, he supposedly offered Ferguson money to take a dive. During the fight.

But other times, Mercer looked very impressive. I thought he drew with Lennox, and that was when Steward was in Lennox's corner. Mercer showed a very good jab that gave Lewis problems. And Wilder is far from the world's most skilled guy, to say the least.

Mercer bringing his A game, I can see winning a decision. It would be harder for Wilder to land that one shot to turn things back in his favor since Mercer had a great chin. Not impossible (Holyfield dropped and hurt Mercer with a perfectly timed left hook), but difficult.
He gotta be the most hot and cold heavy of the 90s. How you give holyfield and lewis........ two of the craftiest boxers of that time.....trouble like he did but have jesse fergueson problems. There was more than once where his power bailed him out.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
He gotta be the most hot and cold heavy of the 90s. How you give holyfield and lewis........ two of the craftiest boxers of that time.....trouble like he did but have jesse fergueson problems. There was more than once where his power bailed him out.
He didnt really give holyfield any trouble

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Senior Member Of Murderous Drug Cartel Accused Of Being A Boxing Promoter

Senior Member Of Murderous Drug Cartel Accused Of Being A Boxing Promoter

June 17, 2020 - BREAKING NEWS, Sports

IN A SAD case of the media once again tarnishing the spotless reputation of a standup citizen, member of notorious drug cartel Daniel Kinahan has been unfairly and irresponsibly labeled as a ‘boxing promoter’ in the wake of Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua securing a fight deal.

“No need to drag his name through the mud like that, when you label someone a ‘boxing promoter’ and don’t even give them a chance to film an embarrassingly shyt video on YouTube as a response, a label like that can stick,” explained someone with knowledge of Kinahan cartel member Daniel Kinahan.

“Imagine someone reading ‘boxing promoter’ next to your name and suddenly they think horrible things like ‘lads with gloves on punching each other’ when in reality you’re just someone who is involved in a drug feud that has claimed 20 lives so far, not to mention countless more from the drugs themselves. He’ll get some slagging at the next meeting with the Russian mob,” added the individual.

“C’mon like, and associating him with someone like Fury who has a history of homophobic and misogynistic comments. He’s just an honest-to-God Narco terrorist and someone described by the Criminal Assets Bureau as managing and controlling the day-to-day operations of the Kinahan Organised Crime Gang,” shared the outraged Kinahan associate.

It is not known if Kinahan’s reputation can recover from being on the receiving end of such a targeted effort by the Irish media to out him to the rest of the world as a boxing promoter.

:russ:

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees

That Cocaina can make you mad petty
8fbd12ab93021d63e7bda8699bc2e6da.png

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
He's right though. :manny:
Warrington won all his step up fights and he has the best resume at 126.
He is similar to Porter in terms of style but not the same, Porter uses his physicality more and Warrington throws more.
I don't understand the dissmissal of Warrington, still in 2020, he proved himself already, more so than any active 126er. He never looked like a blue chip prospect with great athletic talent but he carved his way out and his results speak for themselves. I think he beat Galahad too despite looking bad at it.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Warrington won all his step up fights and he has the best resume at 126.
He is similar to Porter in terms of style but not the same, Porter uses his physicality more and Warrington throws more.
I don't understand the dissmissal of Warrington, still in 2020, he proved himself already, more so than any active 126er. He never looked like a blue chip prospect with great athletic talent but he carved his way out and his results speak for themselves. I think he beat Galahad too despite looking bad at it.

yeah this is all facts right here.