Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Watch Warrington vs Galahad

warrington didnt look good but galahad came to spoil instead..dude was holding alot and made warrington look like the aggressor..if he fought like he did against marrero he prolly would have won that fight

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
one thing i will do is put respect on warrington's name...dude has victories over some of the most difficult boxers in that division..so i def dont think he is an easy out for anybody

shakur hasn't faced an elite volume puncher that comes forward so to me its 50-50 fight

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
one thing i will do is put respect on warrington's name...dude has victories over some of the most difficult boxers in that division..so i def dont think he is an easy out for anybody

shakur hasn't faced an elite volume puncher that comes forward so to me its 50-50 fight

Right, which is why i got Warrington if tgat scraps happens sooner rather than later.

Only thing i worry is if Warrington is "beat up" cause he's been through it the last few years

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Right, which is why i got Warrington if tgat scraps happens sooner rather than later.

Only thing i worry is if Warrington is "beat up" cause he's been through it the last few years

nah i dont think warrington is worn down...he bodied a cat in his last fight pretty quickly..hes in prime now

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland

I need that Avi if that fight happens, Warrington is just Shawn Porter with No power or athleticism

Supreme

King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC
giphy.gif

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
Random hypothetical fight. Talking to my dad about boxing and we started talking about the Heavyweights. Anyways, we got on Ray Mercer and my father seems to think that Mercer could beat Wilder, more or less employing the same tactic that Fury did. Minus laying on him. Basically bringing the fight to him. I got to thinking about it so I figured I'd bring it here. How would you guys see this fight going? I've always thought that a fighter like Luis Ortiz was the best bet. Skilled but enough power to keep you honest. Granted Fury won bringing the fight to Wilder, I am stuck in my original thinking that Tyson Fury is a one off. If I thought about this the way my dad does, it isn't that far of a leap to think a David Tua could do it too and I just can't get my head to wrap itself around that thought.

Mercer is a tough call because of his inconsistency. He was getting badly outboxed by Francisco Damiani before landing a miracle uppercut that caught him on the tip of the nose and shattered it. There's no shame in losing a good competitive fight with Holyfield and I guess we excuse him losing to :flabbynsick: Even though he was 42 :flabbynsick:, he was still able to put up some tough fights against some top HWs, he had all those smarts and experience. But Jesse Ferguson? That was so embarrassing, he supposedly offered Ferguson money to take a dive. During the fight.

But other times, Mercer looked very impressive. I thought he drew with Lennox, and that was when Steward was in Lennox's corner. Mercer showed a very good jab that gave Lewis problems. And Wilder is far from the world's most skilled guy, to say the least.

Mercer bringing his A game, I can see winning a decision. It would be harder for Wilder to land that one shot to turn things back in his favor since Mercer had a great chin. Not impossible (Holyfield dropped and hurt Mercer with a perfectly timed left hook), but difficult.