Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
You do realize that the cut has to be split a lot more ways in a cross promotional fight than a in house fight right? They offered him $3 million, but he would end up taking home less for that fight than he would the Porter or Thurman fights. Anyone with any understanding of this realized that offer was all smoke and mirrors by Arum to make it seem like he was really trying to make a fight for Crawford, when in reality he knew damn well nobody was gonna accept that offer, at least,at a top level guy I bet Ugas would take it in a heartbeat, but we know Bob aint gonna offer Ugas that much money because he knows then the fight would actually get made, and it could fukk up his cash out plan on fighting Spence.

pretty much the same reason why we got Bud fighting Molina and Diaz, but never someone above that level.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Tevin did some real gambling once he got his title and went to matchroom and yes got paid..his half milly there for his 4 fights...i knew that was going to happen. All those years fighting on dark matches and curtain jerkers, that dude was going to bank for as long as he could before he would risk

In doing so played career mode way too long and eventually on the fight where he didnt have a multi fight deal on his plate and fought a legit contender he lost his belt...his only ace in the hole now is the rematch clause which he needs to win to get back where he needs to be...but tevin fukked up not taking that fight with tank after he fulfilled the DAZN contract..the lone time in his career he had a fight that had some attention and could do some business...its a shame

bigbadbossup2012

Biggest baddest boss
Daps
Tevin did some real gambling once he got his title and went to matchroom and yes got paid..his half milly there for his 4 fights...i knew that was going to happen. All those years fighting on dark matches and curtain jerkers, that dude was going to bank for as long as he could before he would risk

In doing so played career mode way too long and eventually on the fight where he didnt have a multi fight deal on his plate and fought a legit contender he lost his belt...his only ace in the hole now is the rematch clause which he needs to win to get back where he needs to be...but tevin fukked up not taking that fight with tank after he fulfilled the DAZN contract..the lone time in his career he had a fight that had some attention and could do some business...its a shame
Yea like broner not taking the Roc nation deal. It's pbc all day, but he took an L.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

That's all I been saying. By the time the Tank fight came about, he already made good money, so why not make the Tank fight if you think you can win.

Dude legit killed his own buzz by being greedy. Can't give you nikkas shyt. :mjlol:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
That's all I been saying. By the time the Tank fight came about, he already made good money, so why not make the Tank fight if you think you can win.

Dude legit killed his own buzz by being greedy. Can't give you nikkas shyt. :mjlol:
that tank outcome would've had choc like :mjgrin:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
I made the same argument for why Bud shouldn't fight Porter, the money won't make sense. I use to be for fighters challenging themselves the most but too much of the fanbase took up the "it's prize fighting" mentality so fukk it yall convinced me :sas2:
$2 mil is a low ball guarantee for Danny but it's more than he got for Porter and about the same he got for Thurman...cept now he got more losses :dead:
If that makes sense in boxing now i can adjust and use it to :troll:

nikkas kill me with that lowball shyt.. Danny highest purse on record is $2m.. and that was 3 years ago.. In a fight he lost btw.. The nikka hasnt beat a champion period since 2013 and has no belts, yet this nikka can turn down double his highest payday(with ppv revenue on the backend) plus a shot at the title on ppv, and nikkas will cosign this goofy shyt, :hhh:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
So you basically saying Farmer never thought he could beat Tank and that all that shyt about fighting him was to only hype up his own career.
So I guess you can say Farmer ducked him then.:ohhh:

So they rebuilt dude's career, but wouldn't roll the dice on the biggest fight of his career. fukk is the point of building a nikka up then.

it's called risk :what:
for all i know maybe Farmer thought he could beat Tank 100% but it still would make sense to get $1 mil on the "easier fight" first.

You do realize that the cut has to be split a lot more ways in a cross promotional fight than a in house fight right? They offered him $3 million, but he would end up taking home less for that fight than he would the Porter or Thurman fights..

That was the alleged guarantee. How his advisors on the PBC side take his money after that is on him.
And Ugas max pay day is $300K, why the hell would TR offer him $2 mil when his own promoter offering him shyt pay :dead:
The whole thing about Danny is at least the $2 mil is in the BALL PARK for what would be a max pay day guarantee. ain't no juelzing going erase that

nikkas kill me with that lowball shyt.. Danny highest purse on record is $2m.. and that was 3 years ago.. In a fight he lost btw.. The nikka hasnt beat a champion period since 2013 and has no belts, yet this nikka can turn down double his highest payday(with ppv revenue on the backend) plus a shot at the title on ppv, and nikkas will cosign this goofy shyt, :hhh:

It makes no sense. Danny made a business decision to make a quick mil for a boring ass fight no one wanted to see instead of getting a belt in a PPV. He'll probably get 2 mil to get his ass whupped by Spence with claims of getting a cut of parking and concessions stand

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Tank's lazy ass is not untouchable. Would he be a favorite against Farmer? Likely. But Farmer has a fighting chance at least, Tank could barely put away Gamboa's injured ghost.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Tank's lazy ass is not untouchable. Would he be a favorite against Farmer? Likely. But Farmer has a fighting chance at least, Tank could barely put away Gamboa's injured ghost.

They both looked like ass in their last fight but Tank still looked like a beast against Ricardo Nunez couple months prior and you'd have to assumed he'd be motivated in a Farmer fight and train accordingly

Farmer got unfinished business and I think he can actually win a rematch (something looked off about him in that fight to me) so talk like he never going get a Tank fight in the future is premature. Let him lose again first damn

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
I don’t know why people shyt on Gervonta’s Gamboa win. I mean he knocked down a former champion in that division multiple times and eventually stopped him. It was his first fight at 135 and he did his job. Yeah he struggled but Gamboa isnt a complete Jobber. The weight and decision making issues are troublesome, but in the ring for the most part he’s proven to answer every call and has looked impressive often.

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
They both looked like ass in their last fight but Tank still looked like a beast against Ricardo Nunez couple months prior and you'd have to assumed he'd be motivated in a Farmer fight and train accordingly

Farmer got unfinished business and I think he can actually win a rematch (something looked off about him in that fight to me) so talk like he never going get a Tank fight in the future is premature. Let him lose again first damn
Tank ices Farmer earlier than Gamboa.