Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
he took him lightly because it was closer then you expected it to be?

That was the fight Porter tried to add a new angle to his game iirc. Didn't look like he took anything lightly to me, just give Ugas credit where due for arguably winning that scrap. No need to try to spin some unsubstantiated narrative

Pacquiao
Brook
Ugas
Porter

Watch it be Brook :francis:

Actually wouldn't mind Ugas vs. Bud. I think Bud stops him but I respect Ugas boxing and would love to see Bud adjustments, it could be interesting in the early rounds

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Assuming this about my post (I blocked whoever you responding to)
Point was neither dude needed to take the fight. Farmer most likely made more over that time span than Tank, how does he lose more by NOT fighting Tank and extending his run however much longer :what:. He ended up losing to Diaz but it obviously was the correct approach and he was making bread with out Tank.
On Danny we all know he can gobble up Ls and just get fed a Redkach to position himself as an opponent for Manny or Spence. Precisely the reason why he can turn down $2 mil from Bud. What part do you actually disagree with or is it just the fact Danny turned down a scrap that got yall in yall feelings :rudy:

Um cause he eventually lost to someone of lesser stature in Jojo Diaz for less money, when he could have been fought Tank for more and gotten more exposure. Basically he don't have the juice right now and Tank still does. Hell, JoJo got more juice than Farmer now.

Farmer was making like 500k for like 4 or 5 defenses, but his stature in the sport didn't grow. He might have more money now than before, but his name still don't push the needle. Farmer didn't elevate his B- sideness. Guys like Swift and GGG might not be the A-side in certain bouts, but they became an attraction to where their career mode bouts are lucrative. Farmer on the other hand prolly won't make that amount again outside of DAZN. You gotta strike when the iron is hot and make the right fights when you have the juice. Circumstances change everyday.

Top Rank been lowballing PBC fighters when they were trying to fight Pac (offering legit draws like Swift and Broner Chris Algieri money:hhh:) and if you know Swift can make that against the likes of Redkach and Salka, why even offer such a low amount if you really trying to make the fight. TR still haven't learned their lesson.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

Dope af to see Floyd in trainer mode, I hope he's in the corner & all that..Haney gonna be a beast :banderas:

he's been in the corner before for certain fights but im sure for as long as haney is signed to hearn you wont see floyd televised like that on DAZN...my gut feeling

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Um cause he eventually lost to someone of lesser stature in Jojo Diaz for less money, when he could have been fought Tank for more and gotten more exposure. Basically he don't have the juice right now and Tank still does. Hell, JoJo got more juice than Farmer now.

Farmer was making like 500k for like 4 or 5 defenses, but his stature in the sport didn't grow. He might have more money now than before, but his name still don't push the needle. Farmer didn't elevate his B- sideness.

By your own argument , Farmer didn't grow his stature so.....why would he risk getting knocked the fukk out by Tank essentially risking erasing ALL his stature and completely undermining whatever career he did build as casuals would certainly label him a fraud. Even with the Jojo loss he didn't get completely embarrassed, likely has a rematch coming up, and realistically at least has a chance to be competitive and win.

The fact Farmer was even in the position where we talking about this to begin with means they managed his career well and got the most out of it. All that and if he wins a rematch or goes on a Danny type win streak against some bums another offer from Tank might be there again

apparently Farmer was making more than you claiming but that's expected. $1 million plus backend for WAY less risk sound like smart business to me
Tevin Farmer vs Jojo Diaz Purse Payouts 2020 (Winning Bonus)

he made $500K for 4 easy ass fights....in 8 months. but cook.

Last edited:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
By your own argument , Farmer didn't grow his stature so.....why would he risk getting knocked the fukk out by Tank essentially risking erasing ALL his stature and completely undermining whatever career he did build as casuals would certainly label him a fraud. Even with the Jojo loss he didn't get completely embarrassed, likely has a rematch coming up, and realistically at least has a chance to be competitive and win.

The fact Farmer was even in the position where we talking about this to begin with means they managed his career well and got the most out of it. All that and if he wins a rematch or goes on a Danny type win streak against some bums another offer from Tank might be there again

apparently Farmer was making more than you claiming but that's expected. $1 million plus backend for WAY less risk sound like smart business to me

he made $500K for 4 easy ass fights....in 8 months. but cook.

So you cosign it when Tevin Farmer does it too, at least you consistent. Basically you just explained why Spence-Crawford aint happening, just changed the names up. At least you not a hypocrite and keep the same energy, I'll give you that much.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Tyson Fury blasts Anthony Joshua's 'bull****' Black Lives Matter speech | Daily Mail Online
Lets ignore that he is being deliberately obtuse about Joshua actually meaning hit out at institutional racism that's kept black people down by supporting black business (white people talk about pulling emselves by the bootstraps all the time).......... he talks about being crucified if he said some shyt? Lets have a gander

“Everyone just do what you can, listen to the government, follow everybody like sheep, be brainwashed by all the Zionist, Jewish people who own all the banks, all the papers, all the TV stations. Be brainwashed by them all.“

“It's like you're a freak of nature if you're normal, you're the odd one out, nobody else. What's normal? I'll just get myself changed into a woman, that's normal isn't it today, call myself Tysina or something like that, put a wig on...”

“I don't think it's normal. I think they're freaks of nature.

think it'll be perfectly normal in the next 10 years to have sexual relationships with your animals at home you know your pets your cats and dogs and all that so that will be legal.

You are already allowed to marry your animals and stuff.

It is going to happen though isn't it? Whatever you can think of that's bad, will be made legal, because that's what the devil wants.”

Yeah mr progressive was really arrested for saying that

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale

apparently Farmer was making more than you claiming but that's expected. $500k less for WAY less risk sound like smart business to me

he made $500K for 4 easy ass fights....in 8 months. but cook

I can't believe I actually have to type this shyt out... :snoop:

The fact that he hasn't grown his stature in the sport is the reason why he should have taken the Tank fight.

You said he didn't get embarrassed by Jojo:what:
He won 3 rounds at best against a guy with a cut almost as bad as Fury's and Jacks's early in the fight. Dude is known for his defense, but got tagged repeatedly by straight lefts and hooks all night.
If that's not embarrassing, then its the closest thing to it. The fact that he was stalling signing for the fight and being called p*ssy by JoJo makes it even worse. :mjlol:

Losing to Tank would have done more for Farmer's career than losing to Jojo's. Even if the money is comparable, Tank's platform was bigger so its still a bigger look than a Diaz fight. I don't know how anybody can refute that, but cook.

and just because we talking about Farmer now on a fukking boxing message board, don't mean he was managed right. All types of random boxers get brought up in here, that don't mean they popular or they managed right. Just means we boxing fans and know who they are.

If Farmer were to retire right now, dude would be less remembered than a guys like Chris John and Felix Sturm but :manny:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
So you cosign it when Tevin Farmer does it too, at least you consistent. Basically you just explained why Spence-Crawford aint happening, just changed the names up. At least you not a hypocrite and keep the same energy, I'll give you that much.

I made the same argument for why Bud shouldn't fight Porter, the money won't make sense. I use to be for fighters challenging themselves the most but too much of the fanbase took up the "it's prize fighting" mentality so fukk it yall convinced me :sas2:
$2 mil is a low ball guarantee for Danny but it's more than he got for Porter and about the same he got for Thurman...cept now he got more losses :dead:
If that makes sense in boxing now i can adjust and use it to :troll:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Losing to Tank would have done more for Farmer's career than losing to Jojo's. Even if the money is comparable, Tank's platform was bigger so its still a bigger look than a Diaz fight. I don't know how anybody can refute that, but cook.

and just because we talking about Farmer now on a fukking boxing message board, don't mean he was managed right. All types of random boxers get brought up in here, that don't mean they popular or they managed right. Just means we boxing fans and know who they are.

I already explained why it was more risky to fight Tank. if you can't understand how getting knocked out in a couple of rounds is a worse look than going 12 in an ugly fight i don't know what to tell you. apparently Farmer and his advisors understood

the bit about him not being managed right is just dumb. they literally rebuilt the career of a dude with multiple club fight losses who has pillows for hands and got him to the point a promoter was cashing him out Charlo level checks every 3 months. admitting that hurts your point for why he HAD to fight Tank so I get it but that's just the facts

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I already explained why it was more risky to fight Tank. if you can't understand how getting knocked out in a couple of rounds is a worse look than going 12 in an ugly fight i don't know what to tell you. apparently Farmer and his advisors understood

the bit about him not being managed right is just dumb. they literally rebuilt the career of a dude with multiple club fight losses who has pillows for hands and got him to the point a promoter was cashing him out Charlo level checks every 3 months. admitting that hurts your point for why he HAD to fight Tank so I get it but that's just the facts

So you basically saying Farmer never thought he could beat Tank and that all that shyt about fighting him was to only hype up his own career.
So I guess you can say Farmer ducked him then.:ohhh:

So they rebuilt dude's career, but wouldn't roll the dice on the biggest fight of his career. fukk is the point of building a nikka up then.

Hell, even Wilder's people had more confidence in him than Farmers people did. At least they took a chance with layoff Fury. Farmer just wanted some easy money. Dude did what everyone used to complain about the Euro champs. Get a belt and play career mode while avoiding the big fights. :hhh:

so yeah, once again we just gonna have to agree to disagree

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I made the same argument for why Bud shouldn't fight Porter, the money won't make sense. I use to be for fighters challenging themselves the most but too much of the fanbase took up the "it's prize fighting" mentality so fukk it yall convinced me :sas2:
$2 mil is a low ball guarantee for Danny but it's more than he got for Porter and about the same he got for Thurman...cept now he got more losses :dead:
If that makes sense in boxing now i can adjust and use it to :troll:

You do realize that the cut has to be split a lot more ways in a cross promotional fight than a in house fight right? They offered him $3 million, but he would end up taking home less for that fight than he would the Porter or Thurman fights. Anyone with any understanding of this realized that offer was all smoke and mirrors by Arum to make it seem like he was really trying to make a fight for Crawford, when in reality he knew damn well nobody was gonna accept that offer, at least not a top level guy I bet Ugas would take it in a heartbeat, but we know Bob aint gonna offer Ugas that much money because he knows then the fight would actually get made, and it could fukk up his cash out plan on fighting Spence.

Last edited: