Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I don’t know why people shyt on Gervonta’s Gamboa win. I mean he knocked down a former champion in that division multiple times and eventually stopped him. It was his first fight at 135 and he did his job. Yeah he struggled but Gamboa isnt a complete Jobber. The weight and decision making issues are troublesome, but in the ring for the most part he’s proven to answer every call and has looked impressive often.

1. no one asked for tank vs gamboa - its a terrible fight to even mention on paper. we get on farmer for fukking around, gotta get on tank too
  2. gamboa himself hadn't look good in years in a notable fight
  3. the 2 people that stopped gamboa before really got rid of him with rounds to spare
  4. gamboa popped his achilles early and it took a ref to issue a mercy stoppage in the final round to stop the fight
  5. tank was on pure struggle mode - nikka could barely talk he was so gassed at the end
there was no upside for his fight...it was a waste of time

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
I don’t know why people shyt on Gervonta’s Gamboa win. I mean he knocked down a former champion in that division multiple times and eventually stopped him. It was his first fight at 135 and he did his job. Yeah he struggled but Gamboa isnt a complete Jobber. The weight and decision making issues are troublesome, but in the ring for the most part he’s proven to answer every call and has looked impressive often.
Gamboa at this point is washed up. Not only that, but he hurt his leg early in the fight.

Should have finished him off much earlier, yet struggled and ran outta gas in the mid rounds.

If he was fighting a game fighter, he could have been in trouble

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Tank gets his ass beat by Haney and Lopez, in a year probably even Ryan Garcia. They are all very talented but the 3 other guys have discipline unlike Tank who seems to be ok with being famous and rich but doesn't want anything more, his job is done, he doesn't chase boxing greatness. Of course, I don't see in his head but that's what I see.
Hell, Haney and Lopez were begging to face Loma, Tank was throwing a tantrum about Floyd wanting to sabotage him when the Loma fight was brought up. All that while on paper being the more proven young fighter than Haney and Lopez (at that time) due to beating Pedraza.
What does that tells you?

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
we talk about fighters spoiling on the vine or is on the road to do so - Tank is looking like a candidate

he has too much talent for what he is doing now but i see a broner future for him. its bad that floyd can't even do anything with dude's issues

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
2 mil fighting Tank on Showtime or Fox with a huge fight week roll out and promo >>> 1.5 mil for fighting Jojo diaz in a make shift arena during Superbowl weekend on a streaming app

If you're trying to build your brand as a boxer and raise your profile, its pretty obvious which fight you would take.

but nikkas is getting degrees from the Farmer school of ducking and mismanagement so :manny:

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tank gets his ass beat by Haney and Lopez, in a year probably even Ryan Garcia. They are all very talented but the 3 other guys have discipline unlike Tank who seems to be ok with being famous and rich but doesn't want anything more, his job is done, he doesn't chase boxing greatness. Of course, I don't see in his head but that's what I see.
Hell, Haney and Lopez were begging to face Loma, Tank was throwing a tantrum about Floyd wanting to sabotage him when the Loma fight was brought up. All that while on paper being the more proven young fighter than Haney and Lopez (at that time) due to beating Pedraza.
What does that tells you?

yea he said Floyd was setting him up to lose for his first title shot:mjlol:

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
So you basically saying Farmer never thought he could beat Tank and that all that shyt about fighting him was to only hype up his own career.
So I guess you can say Farmer ducked him then.:ohhh:

So they rebuilt dude's career, but wouldn't roll the dice on the biggest fight of his career. fukk is the point of building a nikka up then.

Hell, even Wilder's people had more confidence in him than Farmers people did. At least they took a chance with layoff Fury. Farmer just wanted some easy money. Dude did what everyone used to complain about the Euro champs. Get a belt and play career mode while avoiding the big fights. :hhh:

so yeah, once again we just gonna have to agree to disagree

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
We’ve had how many people say PBC fighters are getting backend money the fukking Charlos have a basketball court in they house but people still think all they get is 500k. I just heard an interview I think it was Kenny Porter saying if you believe purses are real your a causal yet we got people in here quoting 2 mill as Danny purse against Porter. Some of y’all are either liars or idiots. Y’all think dudes is just turning down paydays for the fukk of it when they can get bet and make career high money. Stop it.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
We’ve had how many people say PBC fighters are getting backend money the fukking Charlos have a basketball court in they house but people still think all they get is 500k. I just heard an interview I think it was Kenny Porter saying if you believe purses are real your a causal yet we got people in here quoting 2 mill as Danny purse against Porter. Some of y’all are either liars or idiots. Y’all think dudes is just turning down paydays for the fukk of it when they can get bet and make career high money. Stop it.

Just like when Oscar said Charlo turned down 10 million to fight Canelo, like c'mon bruh that don't even make sense bruh.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
2 mil fighting Tank on Showtime or Fox with a huge fight week roll out and promo >>> 1.5 mil for fighting Jojo diaz in a make shift arena during Superbowl weekend on a streaming app

If you're trying to build your brand as a boxer and raise your profile, its pretty obvious which fight you would take.

but nikkas is getting degrees from the Farmer school of ducking and mismanagement so :manny:

Yup Danny Jacobs lost to Canelo and GGG and his career is better than ever. It could have been the same for ol cross eyes too.

Last edited: