Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I like Caleb Plant, think he is a good boxer, but if he is serious about being the best like all of his trash talk has been lately, he'll fight Jacobs. That would be a better win than ANY top 168 fighter has had lately, a much better win, and it would at least build up his profile some.

When Jacobs comes back to PBC he either gotta fight Big Charlo or Plant

Anything else is :camby:

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
nikkas really gonna let a fire match up and payday evaporate over 1 pound. :mjlol:

Hooker shoulda jus ageeed to 144 N came in at 45... dont they have that silly ass +1 pound rule for non title fights??

If not that still come in at 45... Prograis ain’t a big enough draw to have a rediculous clause in the contract for one pound over N he not a big enough draw to cancel a fight the day before for 1 pound ... N I doubt anybody wants to cancel a fight N money with the virus N shyt:manny:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Hooker shoulda jus ageeed to 144 N came in at 45... dont they have that silly ass +1 pound rule for non title fights??

If not that still come in at 45... Prograis ain’t a big enough draw to have a rediculous clause in the contract for one pound over N he not a big enough draw to cancel a fight the day before for 1 pound ... N I doubt anybody wants to cancel a fight N money with the virus N shyt:manny:

Exactly
plus bytching about 1 pound now so far away is just hoe shyt in general cuz its like you saying you already know you won't be able to get down to that weight before even trying.

Neither of these nikkas is big enough to be getting their Cotto on with all this diva shyt. Somebody concede and make em pay for it in the ring.

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
All that hysteria over one pound smh
He either wants an out or he couldn't hold himself back during the quarantine. Or both.
Either way, it's a bad look but IDK why Prograis doesn't just fight him at 147, end all the crying, and knock him out the same way he'd have done at 140.

I don’t know man. I would still favor Regis but the way he struggled against a longer fighter in Taylor doesn’t make me feel as confident as say a year or 2 ago. Hookers been much improved from this struggle draws he was given and he’s been using his height and reach advantage much better in recent fights looking impressive- and his Saucedo win was more impressive than Prograis over Idongo . I’d still pick Prograis but I’d be surprised if it was via stoppage.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Spence: I Don't Like American Guys Backing Fury Instead of Wilder
By BoxingScene Staff

Published On Tue Jun 16, 2020, 04:12 AM EST

IBF, WBC welterweight champion Errol Spence is not happy about the recent trend of American fans and fighters who openly back Tyson Fury in his bouts with the the homegrown boxer, Deontay Wilder.

Fury, who is from the UK but had his last four fights in the United States, stopped Wilder in seven rounds back in February to capture the WBC heavyweight title at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

In the aftermath of the loss, Wilder exercised his contractual clause for an immediate rematch.

wilder-fury%20(5)_4.jpg

Spence and Wilder are both promoted under the Premier Boxing Champions banner.

Spence believes the American public needs to get behind Wilder in the same manner that UK fans have gotten behind Fury in each of his fights on American soil.

Wilder was part of the United States boxing team in the 2008 Olympics and captured a bronze medal.

“I’m always going to root for my countryman just like they always root for their guy from the UK,” Spence said on Brian Custer’s Last Stand podcast.

“He’s [Wilder] the hometown guy, he’s the American kid. That’s what I don’t like either. I don’t like how the American guys are rooting for Tyson Fury and he’s from the UK when all the UK guys are going for their guy.

“All the boxers are going for Tyson Fury and all the fans are going for Tyson Fury. We’ve got people here that have got split support. A lot of Americans are going for Tyson Fury. I don’t like that a lot.”

He needs to sit down with this nationalistic shyt.
If nationality is so important to him then that's him and his preferences but don't play thought police. "I don't like x and y having this and that opinion" :stopitslime: Tell Mike Tyson in his face that he is wrong for rooting for Fury, I'll wait :mjlol:
Some people don't decide based on nationality but based on who they actually like better as a fighter and/or personality. I think they are better off.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
I don’t know man. I would still favor Regis but the way he struggled against a longer fighter in Taylor doesn’t make me feel as confident as say a year or 2 ago. Hookers been much improved from this struggle draws he was given and he’s been using his height and reach advantage much better in recent fights looking impressive- and his Saucedo win was more impressive than Prograis over Idongo . I’d still pick Prograis but I’d be surprised if it was via stoppage.
Hooker improved but still hasn't improved enough to be on Prograis' level. He beat a one dimensional Saucedo who represented the famous "get hit and get hit" school of Abel Sanchez but shat the bed against a better pressure guy in Ramirez. I think Prograis is better than Ramirez and harder to hit (I can see some people favoring Ramirez though) and he'd slip his way on the inside and rip Hooker.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
tyson vs nielsen is on showtime

brian nielsen i remember from my early days in the internet boxing community - late 90s..i used to hear of him...and used to be like this guy has all these wins and shyt..he must be a bad dude...this was the first time i ever seen him fight in i think was 2001..dude was pathetic as hell
i was there, spoke to mike after at his after party..
mad time's..

my bad..i meant mike vs botha!! LOL

this fight was in denmark.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
The post was so bad, I just scrolled past it bruh.

Farmer always had more to lose from not taking the Tank fight.
It's the way of the B side when you haven't built yourself into a real attraction. Swift don't fit into that category really, even with his losses and controversial wins. He'll always be a name that can get fights. Farmer not so much.

Assuming this about my post (I blocked whoever you responding to)
Point was neither dude needed to take the fight. Farmer most likely made more over that time span than Tank, how does he lose more by NOT fighting Tank and extending his run however much longer :what:. He ended up losing to Diaz but it obviously was the correct approach and he was making bread with out Tank.
On Danny we all know he can gobble up Ls and just get fed a Redkach to position himself as an opponent for Manny or Spence. Precisely the reason why he can turn down $2 mil from Bud. What part do you actually disagree with or is it just the fact Danny turned down a scrap that got yall in yall feelings :rudy: