Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Mayweather is the better head to head fighter, more dominant wins, and made more money.

The guy basically mastered the “boxing game,” inside and outside the ring.

of course Porter is going to gravitate to Manny, because he somehow views Manny’s accomplishments as something attainable.

Sean will never know what it’s like to be undefeated and make over 100 million. He does know what it’s like to lose and get knocked down, something that Manny is very familiar with.

Sean is just a c00n and his father fukks his babymomma.

how one can dislike Porter tbh, gives everything when he fights and just generally seems to be a nice guy with everyone, the kind of guy people might take advantage on if he isn't careful.
How is it that simply saying he'd rather have Pacquiao's carrer directly leads to him getting called a c00n on internet forums and insulted about his personal life?
Personally I think Mayweather had the better career but that doesn't mean he said something fundamentally wrong, it's just his fukking opinion.

Starting out as a ligh flyweight later going up as far as 154 and knocking out top guys everywhere on the way up, being a beloved "people's champion" type, becoming a senator and basically having a whole country of fans behind you. And it's not like he hasn't made tons of money from boxing either. I don't even like Pac as a person but that's a good story with lots of success.

Porter is much closer to Pac in his approach to boxing too than to Mayweather so it also makes sense that he'd rather have Pac's wars and knockouts than late career Mayweather's superb defense and dominant performances that often didn't result in exciting fights.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

I know this has been posted but if DAZN/his handlers doesn’t somehow convince Prograis to go up to 147 and build a Welterweight division as they have the pieces :snoop:

Prograis should just say '"fukk it, 147 then". He can go back to 140 after the fight or something, I think he beats Hooker either way.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I feel where Regis is coming from tho.
You signed for the fight at 143, that's on you if you can't keep that weight. Why Regis gotta alter his career trajectory to appease your non training ass.
Hooker will prolly be close to 160 on fight night. fukk all that.

It'd be dope if Regis said fukk it and took it anyway, but I'm not gonna condemn him if he didn't. Hooker fukked that up. He prolly knew he couldn't make 143 to begin with. Should have suggest 145 or do 147 from the start.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Caleb Plant: I Control 168-Pound Division, Not Canelo Alvarez
By Manouk Akopyan

Published On Thu Jun 11, 2020, 08:37 AM EDT

Caleb Plant captured the IBF super middleweight championship in January 2019 when he defeated Jose Uzcategui. He’s since made two successful defenses of his title, scoring a TKO win over Mike Lee last June and a TKO win over Vincent Feigenbutz in February.

Plant (20-0, 12 KOs) believes the feats that he’s accomplished in the division thus far puts him atop the 168 food chain over champions David Benavidez (WBC)m Billy Joe Saunders (WBO), Callum Smith (WBA) and secondary WBA titlist Canelo Alvarez.

Alvarez has fought only once as a super middleweight, easily demolishing Rocky Fielding in 2018. Alvarez is now looking to make a mark in the division with his next fight, which was initially set to take place against Saunders before Covid-19 halted boxing action globally.

caleb-plant%20(9)_8.jpg

The 27-year-old Tennessee native and current Las Vegas resident Plant was targeted as a potential Alvarez opponent in February, but Plant passed because he would have to endure yet another physically taxing camp in the fight of his life, shortly after he beat Feigenbutz.

With ample time to prepare, Plant said he will give Alvarez the fight of his life.

“I feel that I am the best 168 pound champion that there is. I am the most well rounded. I have the best boxing IQ. I have all of the tools to beat every champion. All of them are good at this and that, but they can’t make the adjustments that I can,” Plant told BoxingScene.com in an interview.

“Canelo is not controlling 168. I’m controlling 168. I’m going to be right here for a minute. When all of the middleweights move up to 168, I’ll be waiting on them.”

Plant is looking to reignite conversations with Team Alvarez to prove who truly is the best super middleweight in the world.

“I want a unification match,” said Plant. “I’m not doing any catchweights or 10-round fights. I’m a world champion, 12-round fighter who will fight in my weight class at 168. I’m 13 pounds away from weight right now. I’m in shape. I’ve been running. The only thing that I haven’t been doing is sparring because we have a pandemic on our hands.”

:mjlol: whatever you say plant

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Teofimo kinda uses it as well. You can tell he watches a lot of floyd and roy jones :wow:

Damn bruh you right. It was lingering at the top of my mind. He gets mad power into it too. Beterbeast also sometimes uses it when chasing his prey