Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I just rewatched J rock get dropped by Big Charlo, damn that boy be leaving himself wide open. :picard:

in a highly competitive fight where dudes are countering counters, defense makes a world of difference between getting your own series or being someone else's sidekick.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Get ready for "the fix is already in, Wilder better knock him out" talk when the 3rd Fury fight is made

I'd advise Wilder to step aside and give it two fights but then he may get lost in the shuffle as Usyk wants his mandatory shot, so does Pulev, and Whyte. Good luck to whoever becomes undisputed and gotta run that gauntlet :huhldup:

yup dont forget helenius and martin are due shots too

martin is already starting with the bullshyt

Martin To Joshua: Drop The IBF Belt; Let Me Fight Pulev For Vacant Title
By Keith Idec

Published On Wed Jun 10, 2020, 10:35 AM EDT

Charles Martin read recently that among the reasons Anthony Joshua is committed to making a mandatory defense of his IBF heavyweight title against Kubrat Pulev is that Joshua doesn’t want to give it up and allow Martin to fight Pulev for it.

Martin is the IBF’s second-ranked contender and would face the top-rated Pulev for that championship if Joshua vacated it. Joshua, who also owns the WBA, WBO and IBO crowns, knocked out Martin in the second round to win the IBF championship in April 2016 at O2 Arena in London.

Eddie Hearn, Joshua’s promoter, intends to reschedule the Joshua-Pulev bout. The new date for Joshua-Pulev won’t be determined until the British government permits fans to attend sporting events.

charles-martin_5.jpg

Joshua wore a cumbersome brace on his left leg when he appeared at a Black Lives Matter protest Saturday in his hometown of Watford, England. The British superstar since has insisted that the minor knee injury he sustained while training recently won’t prevent him from fighting Pulev.

Martin is holding out hope that Joshua will change his mind and skip his mandated defense versus Pulev to pursue bigger fights.

“As far as I’m concerned, that’s the least he can do for me,” Martin told BoxingScene.com. “I made his entire career. Without me, Anthony Joshua doesn’t exist. I didn’t train a day for him and went to his backyard hurt for my first defense. The not training part is on me because I thought Joshua was just another chinny, overrated bum. To this day, I know I was right about that chin.”

England’s Joshua sent a then-unbeaten Martin to the canvas twice with right hands on his way to a second-round knockout four years ago. Fans have heavily criticized Martin for his poor performance against Joshua (23-1, 21 KOs).

The thought of a rematch motivates Martin more than anything, but he’d gladly battle Bulgaria’s Pulev (28-1, 14 KOs) for the IBF title.

“Joshua is going out of his way to fight Pulev because he says he don’t wanna give me my title back,” Martin said. “This man should be more grateful. Let me knock Pulev out, and then you do for me what I did for you – come to the United States and face me. This guy owes it to me. If I didn’t go to the UK, Joshua would have waited years for a title shot and he knows it.”

Martin (28-2-1, 25 KOs) was paid a career-high, seven-figure purse to make an optional title defense against Joshua in England.

The strong southpaw has gone 5-1, including four knockouts, since Joshua beat him. His lone loss during that stretch was a close, unanimous-decision defeat to Adam Kownacki (20-1, 15 KOs) in a fan-friendly 10-rounder in September 2018 at Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

In his most recent appearance, the 6-feet-5, 254-pound Martin stopped Gerald Washington (20-4-1, 13 KOs) in the sixth round of an IBF elimination match February 22 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. That victory moved Martin closer toward another shot at the IBF belt.

“I promise I will correct my mistake and knock Joshua out,” Martin said. “Winner take all. This ain’t about money, it’s about revenge.”

Joshua and the 39-year-old Pulev were scheduled to fight June 20 at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London. Their mandated match has been delayed indefinitely due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
in a highly competitive fight where dudes are countering counters, defense makes a world of difference between getting your own series or being someone else's sidekick.

Yup. Charlo is actually a good counterpuncher, both of them are.

J Rock is a very flawed fighter, he depends too much on the things he does well and doesn't work on the things that need work. He has good head movement, and good lateral movement, but he keeps his guard too wide, he's also lazy on getting his hands back into his guard, and his vertical movement leaves a lot to be desired is the best I'll say. If you can cut the ring off you'll beat him... if you don't just flat out knock him out. :lolbron:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I totally understand why boxers so often make excuses after losing. Especially when they're still active fighters, they need that self-belief. It's not a team sport where you can add more players, or tennis or golf tournaments where even the greatest of them don't have that high percentages of winning like top boxers do.

But it's still funny when they make such awful excuses. Kermit Cintron with his "oh the hair spray from Sergio's hair got in my face and distracted me" or George Foreman (20+ years after Zaire) in his autobiography saying "I was about to knock Ali out but I saw my friend in the audience rooting for Ali and it bothered me and by the time I got over his betrayal, Ali had recovered".

I get it as well. If you ever competed in any kind of way, and someone got the better of you, you’re either going to feel it’s

1. something you didn’t do right, off night, etc
Or
2. this person is legit better

Most athletes go with #1.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Krillin acting like these boxers are choosing Cotto's career over Floyd.
Pac done had so many FOTYs, highlight KOs, multiple division titles, punished Oscar for running from the Margarito fade, fought around the world, etc.... I can't fault anybody for choosing all of that over Floyd career. Both had great careers so it shouldn't be a slight to either choosing one or the other.

Porter actually broke it down shade free, but nikkas ignored it. Hopkins knows fukkery sells and now that whole subject is a hot take. :manny:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Krillin acting like these boxers are choosing Cotto's career over Floyd.
Pac done had so many FOTYs, highlight KOs, multiple division titles, punished Oscar for running from the Margarito fade, fought around the world, etc.... I can't fault anybody for choosing all of that over Floyd career. Both had great careers so it shouldn't be a slight to either choosing one or the other.

Porter actually broke it down shade free, but nikkas ignored it. Hopkins knows fukkery sells and now that whole subject is a hot take. :manny:

Mayweather is the better head to head fighter, more dominant wins, and made more money.

The guy basically mastered the “boxing game,” inside and outside the ring.

of course Porter is going to gravitate to Manny, because he somehow views Manny’s accomplishments as something attainable.

Sean will never know what it’s like to be undefeated and make over 100 million. He does know what it’s like to lose and get knocked down, something that Manny is very familiar with.

Sean is just a c00n and his father fukks his babymomma.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Mayweather is the better head to head fighter, more dominant wins, and made more money.

The guy basically mastered the “boxing game,” inside and outside the ring.

of course Porter is going to gravitate to Manny, because he somehow views Manny’s accomplishments as something attainable.

Sean will never know what it’s like to be undefeated and make over 100 million. He does know what it’s like to lose and get knocked down, something that Manny is very familiar with.

Sean is just a c00n and his father fukks his babymomma.

but see you bringing all the stan shyt into it now with all boxing game inside outside, etc.... 100 mil etc...:what:

we just talking about legacy.
leave all that c00n shyt out your reply fam cuz we not turning a legacy discussion into all of that. Neither Floyd nor Porter perfect human beings.

and neither one of their careers are attainable for a nikka like Porter and his skill set. Surprised you even went that route. :mjlol:

Omar Little

It’s all in the Game Yo
Daps
Reppin
B-More
but see you bringing all the stan shyt into it now with all boxing game inside outside, etc.... 100 mil etc...:what:

leave all that c00n shyt out your reply fam cuz we not turning a legacy discussion into all of that. Neither Floyd nor Porter perfect human beings.

and neither one of their careers are attainable for a nikka like Porter and his skill set. Surprised you even went that route. :mjlol:
I feel like boxing “purists” just pick Manny over Floyd cause the general consensus is that casuals think Floyd is greater. Manny is a legend no doubt but he’s never been a better fighter Than Floyd his “legacy” isn’t leaps and bounds better than him either. He lost to Floyd too like what kinda shyt are people on :pachaha:

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international

@theflyest just got on his casual cap on at the moment.:troll::lolbron:

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I feel like boxing “purists” just pick Manny over Floyd cause the general consensus is that casuals think Floyd is greater. Manny is a legend no doubt but he’s never been a better fighter Than Floyd his “legacy” isn’t leaps and bounds better than him either. He lost to Floyd too like what kinda shyt are people on :pachaha:

I run into more casuals that think Pac is greater so I don't know and a lot of these so called "purists" have agendas just like fans do so I take it all with a grain of salt. Porter didn't have an agenda when he broke it down and was just called a c00n. :mjlol: You can't please everybody.

Being the better fighter is subjective especially with fighters of those accolades. Hagler beat Hearns by KO but a lot of people still rank Hearns higher all time because of what he did at multiple weights. Winning a competitive fight 6 years after the expiration date ain't enough to give Floyd the edge over Pac in my opinion, but I won't argue against it.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This was no “Stan” shyt. Everything I said was fact. Better fighter, more money, and his dad took his girl.

I may be in the minority, but I actually do factor in career earnings. Why? This is prize fighting. The money is part of the sport. I know y’all hate it but it is what it is.

I agree, Sean won’t ever have the success of PAC.

One thing we can agree on, is Id rather have Pac’s career, over Tito’s