Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
It don’t sit right with me Hopkins talking bout fighting nikkas on his watch

Like 60-40 N I’ll whoop your ass didn’t ever happen :francis:

that's why I was surprised he spoke so well about Roy in the Best I ever faced series.
He was pretty much saying nobody in the history of boxing could have beat the Roy he fought in his prime.

shyt had me like :ohhh:

all these boxers have agendas so you can never really tell what they thinking at the moment.
Shiiiet, nikka act like he ain't fight Dawson on his watch. :mjlol:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
yikes at him mentioning robert allen :pachaha:
:russ: at him calling tito one dimensional
echols as a hard puncher i can believe it
he really rates oscar highly but clearly thinks roy was on another level

Praising Oscar's jab, when he clearly struggled with Taylor's more. :hhh:

That's more delusional than when Pendleton said Hopkins stole the blueprint from his fight with Tito to beat him years later. :russ:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

That's more delusional than when Pendleton said Hopkins stole the blueprint from his fight with Tito to beat him years later. :russ:

he also said tito didnt hurt him but tito actually ko'd this dude for the 10 count haha..but he gave correct praise to sweet pea the elusive gawd...so :manny:..chalk it up to ex fighter babble..bruh has a 47-26-5 record..he prolly says lots of things out of his control now lol

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
that's why I was surprised he spoke so well about Roy in the Best I ever faced series.
He was pretty much saying nobody in the history of boxing could have beat the Roy he fought in his prime.

shyt had me like :ohhh:

all these boxers have agendas so you can never really tell what they thinking at the moment.
Shiiiet, nikka act like he ain't fight Dawson on his watch. :mjlol:

The funniest was Pernell Whitaker's. He just praises himself the whole time:mjlol:

Best I Faced: Pernell Whitaker - The Ring

Whitaker kindly agreed to speak about the best fighters he fought in his career in 10 categories.

BEST JAB

Buddy McGirt: I didn’t really get hit with them jabs. I tried to keep guys on defense. That was one of my best assets. That’s where I start off at, using the jab and being constant, keeping my jab out there. I think every fighter should have a good jab; a good jab could take you a long way. Of the guys I fought I would say Buddy McGirt had the best jab.

BEST DEFENSE

Azumah Nelson: (Laughs) That’s a tough one because it never took me long to get to anybody. But if I picked someone, I would say Azumah Nelson. I don’t think nobody on this planet had a better defense than I did. There are a lot of fighters with good defense but not like Pernell Whitaker.

BEST CHIN

McGirt: Had a pretty good chin. It’s kind of hard to say who had a good chin. I liked hitting to the body; I liked to work from the body up. McGirt took a good punch.

BEST PUNCHER

Julio Cesar Chavez: Everybody I’ve been in the ring with was considered a big puncher. The one who stands out the most would be Julio Cesar Chavez. I didn’t experience any big shots. I don’t like taking punches.

FASTEST HANDS

Oscar De La Hoya: I made all these fights so easy, it’s hard to say who had the better hand speed. I consider all of them being great, they just weren’t quicker than I was, though I would say Oscar De La Hoya had good hand speed. They start off with speed but by the time I break ’em down, the speed’s over.

FASTEST FEET

Diosbelys Hurtado: I didn’t have a problem with anybody. All the fighters I fought were good fighters. It’s hard to give credit when you make guys look so bad all the time. I would say Diosbelys Hurtado had good feet. Like I say I just went in there and took fighters out of their fight game, turn them into being ordinary fighters.

SMARTEST

All of them: All of the guys I fought were smart fighters; I was just a little smarter. Chavez was pretty smart, De La Hoya was a pretty smart kid, McGirt, I fought him twice, he was a veteran. I don’t have no favorite.

STRONGEST

Nelson: I didn’t give anybody the opportunity to punch. I tried to be the complete boxer. I outboxed all off them. The one that comes to mind is Azumah Nelson. He was a strong guy. He just kept coming forward.

BEST SKILLS

Chavez: [He] was just a good fighter. He had great boxing skills, he was a big puncher, you had to be careful. You don’t get caught up with him, going toe to toe.

BEST OVERALL

Nelson: I liked Azumah Nelson. He kept on coming, he never gives up, he hung in there.

Thanks for the great insight, Pea.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps

:mjlol:

I've seen that fight. Not much happens for like 3 rounds, Pendleton looks distracted at one point by his corner, and gets taken out by a brutal body shot.

Hopkins's gameplan was a more polished and complete version of what Oscar did against Tito. I never thought at all of what Freddie did in the Tito fight lol.