Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that's why I was surprised he spoke so well about Roy in the Best I ever faced series.
He was pretty much saying nobody in the history of boxing could have beat the Roy he fought in his prime.

shyt had me like :ohhh:

all these boxers have agendas so you can never really tell what they thinking at the moment.
Shiiiet, nikka act like he ain't fight Dawson on his watch. :mjlol:

Yep Sometimes fighters think they never lost or they got an excuse for losing

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
every boxer is an egomaniac..some conceal it well than others..its the name of the game

I totally understand why boxers so often make excuses after losing. Especially when they're still active fighters, they need that self-belief. It's not a team sport where you can add more players, or tennis or golf tournaments where even the greatest of them don't have that high percentages of winning like top boxers do.

But it's still funny when they make such awful excuses. Kermit Cintron with his "oh the hair spray from Sergio's hair got in my face and distracted me" or George Foreman (20+ years after Zaire) in his autobiography saying "I was about to knock Ali out but I saw my friend in the audience rooting for Ali and it bothered me and by the time I got over his betrayal, Ali had recovered".

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
:mjlol:

I've seen that fight. Not much happens for like 3 rounds, Pendleton looks distracted at one point by his corner, and gets taken out by a brutal body shot.

Hopkins's gameplan was a more polished and complete version of what Oscar did against Tito. I never thought at all of what Freddie did in the Tito fight lol.

Exactly.
I was went by the rule that you can't say you made a blueprint unless you win at least 5 rds, but the fight only lasted 5 rounds and besides landing a few good right hands, he lost them all.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Yep Sometimes fighters think they never lost or they got an excuse for losing

Facts
Jesse James Leija had one of the best Best I Ever faced series, simply off of just going in the comments and responding to fans and breaking down his explanations. Like you could tell everyone really appreciated that shyt cuz he was being honest and realistic about it. Its like he extended the article with the extra insight.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Wilder should feel disrespected

AJ and Fury making a deal like Wilder a tuneup:huhldup:

Get ready for "the fix is already in, Wilder better knock him out" talk when the 3rd Fury fight is made

I'd advise Wilder to step aside and give it two fights but then he may get lost in the shuffle as Usyk wants his mandatory shot, so does Pulev, and Whyte. Good luck to whoever becomes undisputed and gotta run that gauntlet :huhldup:

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Get ready for "the fix is already in, Wilder better knock him out" talk when the 3rd Fury fight is made

I'd advise Wilder to step aside and give it two fights but then he may get lost in the shuffle as Usyk wants his mandatory shot, so does Pulev, and Whyte. Good luck to whoever becomes undisputed and gotta run that gauntlet :huhldup:
Lol I read this in 78SportsTv's voice

ChocolateGiddyUp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
2020 where I agree with Jrock about something
hhc6B7w.png