Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps

That’s the reason why his team asked for that much money because they already knew they had Wilder on PPV for the fall.

that's not a contract though, he wasn't obligated to fight Wilder, AJ had the more belts and was a more lucrative fight. Most likely it was about some in-house fukkery that's so common today or Ortiz was on his cycle

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
that's not a contract though, he wasn't obligated to fight Wilder, AJ had the more belts and was a more lucrative fight. Most likely it was about some in-house fukkery that's so common today or Ortiz was on his cycle
It don’t matter. He beat Ortiz the 1st time and you had a bunch of people that didn’t wanna give him credit saying the ref and doctors saved him. So he fought him again to eliminate any doubt

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
It don’t matter. He beat Ortiz the 1st time and you had a bunch of people that didn’t wanna give him credit saying the ref and doctors saved him. So he fought him again to eliminate any doubt

To be fair nobody really was looking forward to that rematch. It was a useless rematch..I don’t remember any LOUD chatter about ref saving him and whatnot. Most people perceived that Ortiz fight just like any other wilder fight except he got hurt. Down on the scorecards but win by KO.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Was talking about how/why Joshua vs Ortiz didn't happen nout about Wilder vs Ortiz II but if we are already here, Wilder vs Ortiz II wasn't like a terribel thing but I didn't see the demand for it. It was pushed by PBC as some great fight but promoters do just that... pushing their fights, it's their job. Don't think there was an actual demand for it though.

Now Wilder vs Ortiz 1 is different. It's easily Wilder's best win and it was a high risk fight for him and his team, to be honest I was even a bit surprised they went ahead with it given how they kept Wilder away from good opponents until that point (his mandatory Povetkin could have been his first true acid test but unfortunately Povetkin being a PED head fukk up ruined that).

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
To be fair nobody really was looking forward to that rematch. It was a useless rematch..I don’t remember any LOUD chatter about ref saving him and whatnot. Most people perceived that Ortiz fight just like any other wilder fight except he got hurt. Down on the scorecards but win by KO.
Bullshyt... there was plenty of people(Wilder haters.. mostly cacs) that claimed Wilder was saved by the ref.. Including Pauli Malignaggi... so now after Wilder whooped him haters wanna act like Ortiz was just another opponent when that wasn’t the narrative before Wilder fought him

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
Bullshyt... there was plenty of people(Wilder haters.. mostly cacs) that claimed Wilder was saved by the ref.. Including Pauli Malignaggi... so now after Wilder whooped him haters wanna act like Ortiz was just another opponent when that wasn’t the narrative before Wilder fought him

Idk man I didn’t see it. Ortiz has his moments but other than that it was a clear Wilder win..

Haters always are going to hate tho so u can take that with a grain of salt. That rematch didn’t have any legs fam :manny:

Omar Little

It’s all in the Game Yo
Daps
Reppin
B-More
It’s not like saying he was saved by the ref is some outlandish/Hater shyt.

Of course you let the Champ continue, but Big Man was out on his feet and I’ve seen refs stopped fights with fighters not nearly as fukked up As Wilder was many times over. Nonetheless, that was a great win for him and proved to me and many others that he Had the heart of a champion.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Nonito Donaire Excited By Thought Of Rigondeaux Rematch At 118 Pounds
By Keith Idec

Published On Wed Jun 3, 2020, 09:33 AM EDT

Aligning himself with Al Haymon’s Premier Boxing Champions might mean Nonito Donaire can attempt to avenge one of his most disappointing defeats.

Donaire and Guillermo Rigondeaux both have moved down to the bantamweight division and are affiliated with PBC. If Donaire can win his next fight, they each would own world titles at 118 pounds, too.

Seven years after Rigondeaux defeated him in their 122-pound title unification fight, Donaire is intrigued by the idea of a rematch with the Cuban southpaw.

“You know me, man. I’m a fighter. I’ll fight anybody,” Donaire told co-hosts Kenneth Bouhairie and Michael Rosenthal during an newest episode of “The PBC Podcast” on premierboxingchampions.com. “But mainly, [bantamweight] is my territory. So, I’m excited with that one as well, the thought of it.”

Donaire dropped Rigondeaux in the 10th round, but the two-time Olympic gold medalist defeated Donaire on all three scorecards in April 2013 at Radio City Music Hall in New York.

donaire-rigondeaux.jpg

The 39-year-old Rigondeaux (20-1, 13 KOs, 1 NC) moved down from 122 pounds to 118 for his bantamweight debut in his last fight. He floored Liborio Solis in the seventh round and topped Panama’s Solis (30-6-1, 14 KOs, 1 NC) by split decision to win the then-vacant WBA world bantamweight championship February 8 at PPL Center in Allentown, Pennsylvania.

The 37-year-old Donaire rejuvenated his career with an impressive performance in his most recent appearance. The five-division champion gave Japanese star Naoya Inoue the most difficult fight of his career in the final of the World Boxing Super Series’ bantamweight tournament.

Inoue (19-0, 16 KOs) out-pointed Donaire (40-6, 26 KOs) by big margins on two scorecards and won a 12-round unanimous decision, but Donaire drilled Inoue with a right hand that hurt him in the ninth round November 7 in Saitama, Japan. Two rounds later, Inoue made Donaire take a knee after landing a hard left to his body.

The Boxing Writers Association of America voted Inoue-Donaire its “Fight of the Year” for 2019.

Before he could seriously consider a Rigondeaux rematch, Donaire would have to defeat France’s Nordine Oubaali (17-0, 12 KOs) in his first fight following the COVID-19 pandemic.

They were tentatively scheduled to meet May 16 for Oubaali’s WBC bantamweight title. Donaire is the WBC’s mandatory challenger for Oubaali’s belt.

“I hope so,” Donaire said regarding the Oubaali bout being rescheduled. “I believe so. I mean, nothing is really clear at this time. It was for May 16th, and it just went out the window. And, you know, they’re trying to figure out what’s going on with boxing, and how they’re gonna go on in the next phase and doing it. So, I’m hoping that it’s still the same thing and I’m still kinda training for that.”

Las Vegas’ Donaire is 2-1 at bantamweight since he dropped down two divisions following a lopsided, 12-round, unanimous-decision defeat to Northern Ireland’s Carl Frampton two years ago in Belfast. Donaire held the WBC and WBO bantamweight titles in 2011.

more ppl need to put respect on donaire's name...this is a guy that didn't duck nobody or you can't say he did

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
It’s not like saying he was saved by the ref is some outlandish/Hater shyt.

Of course you let the Champ continue, but Big Man was out on his feet and I’ve seen refs stopped fights with fighters not nearly as fukked up As Wilder was many times over. Nonetheless, that was a great win for him and proved to me and many others that he Had the heart of a champion.

Its hater shyt when those same people don't use their own logic and say Fury was saved by the ref in the 1st fight but are okay with the rematch but are mad at Wilder for running it back with Ortiz saying its pointless even though wilder was "saved" in the 1st fight