Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
I don't see how 8-4 is ridiculous when there were at least 3 rounds that coulda went either way. But just rewatching it I seen Spence consistently landing the more damaging blows. Spence took some shots that stunned him but he never stopped coming. Porter just had too many moments of inactivity. I think because Spence's physical strength was taking a toll on him. Which is what setup that knockdown late. Spence was slowly breaking him down.

But we'll see. That's just how I see the fight going right now. I think that's why Spence is willing to face Danny after being in a major car accident. He looks at Danny as a guy who just can't matchup with him in any major category. And he's probably right :yeshrug:

8-4 is ridiculous bro. Most will agree that it was a very close fight that could've went either way with the knockdown possibly being the difference.

Porter imposed his will on Spence & made him fight his fight. And Porter was anything but inactive that fight bro; I'm not sure how you could see it that way. Didn't Porter land the most shots on him than any other opponent? That should tell you something right there & you don't do that by having too many moments of inactivity.

What took a toll on Porter was the grueling pace of the fight. He got even more sloppy the 12th & got caught with a hook & went down. But he got right back up & went back to business slugging it out

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
8-4 is ridiculous bro. Most will agree that it was a very close fight that could've went either way with the knockdown possibly being the difference.

Porter imposed his will on Spence & made him fight his fight. And Porter was anything but inactive that fight bro; I'm not sure how you could see it that way. Didn't Porter land the most shots on him than any other opponent? That should tell you something right there & you don't do that by having too many moments of inactivity.

What took a toll on Porter was the grueling pace of the fight. He got even more sloppy the 12th & got caught with a hook & went down. But he got right back up & went back to business slugging it out

You need to go rewatch that fight bro. Spence made that fight a dog fight not Porter. Porter in the first two rounds came out bouncing on his toes trying to stand in the middle of the ring and box, Spence kept walking him down and backing him up bro. I was wondering what Porter was trying to do in the first 2 rounds. Rounds 3 and 4 Porter finally stood his ground and fought like Shawn Porter.

8-4 is the correct score bro. Porter had 4 rounds where he was REALLY active(coincidently those are the rounds he won) the other rounds he was up and down with his activity bro. I think he remembers the fight a little better than you do.

I wouldn't say Porter physically imposed his will on Spence like that bro that's disingenuous, there were times Spence did back up from Porter's aggression aint gonna act like he didn't but MOST of the fight Spence was the one coming foward constantly landing blows Porter had his moments but he was streaky. He did throw a lot of punches, but like I said by the last 4 rounds Porter was a defeated man bro, I aint ever seen Porter getting beat up the way he was in the last 4 rounds...

I'm a Spence fan though so y'all gonna say I'm biased though, but 8-4+KD is what I scored it in real time and on rewatches. 2 of the judges saw it the same way so I couldn't be that far off.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio

i go :obama: when i see pros in other sports understand that boxing will get you right and make you sharp..plus they dont embarass themselves when they get into scraps..like a certain cowboys QB who likes to warm up by doing some reggaeton ass hip movements thats on camera getting his ass beat at a spring break :heh:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
You need to go rewatch that fight bro. Spence made that fight a dog fight not Porter. Porter in the first two rounds came out bouncing on his toes trying to stand in the middle of the ring and box, Spence kept walking him down and backing him up bro.

8-4 is the correct score bro. Porter had 4 rounds where he was REALLY active(coincidently those are the rounds he won) the other rounds he was up and down with his activity bro. I think he remembers the fight a little better than you do.

I wouldn't say Porter physically imposed his will on Spence like that bro that's disingenuous, there were times Spence did back up from Porter's aggression aint gonna act like he didn't but MOST of the fight Spence was the one coming foward constantly landing blows Porter had his moments but he was streaky. He did throw a lot of punches, but like I said by the last 4 rounds Porter was a defeated man bro, I aint ever seen Porter getting beat up the way he was in the last 4 rounds...

I'm a Spence fan though so y'all gonna say I'm biased though, but 8-4+KD is what I scored it in real time and on rewatches. 2 of the judges saw it the same way so I couldn't be that far off.

:heh: Seriously bro? I don't know if some of you can be objective when it comes to Spence

Porter came out bouncing on his toes the first couple rounds yes & then what happened? It turned into a typical Shawn Porter fight/brawl with him imposing his will & making Spence fight a dog fight. 99% of the time Porter does that with his opponents & it's hard to keep him off you. Those middle rounds you could see Spence trying to create space with step back counters & using the jab but Porter wouldn't let him do it consistently. He stayed on him

I don't know what fight you guys were watching but at no point did Porter get beat up in any round. It was a give & take, back & forth fight for 12 rounds

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:heh: Seriously bro? I don't know if some of you can be objective when it comes to Spence

Porter came out bouncing on his toes the first couple rounds yes & then what happened? It turned into a typical Shawn Porter fight/brawl with him imposing his will & making Spence fight a dog fight. 99% of the time Porter does that with his opponents & it's hard to keep him off you. Those middle rounds you could see Spence trying to create space with step back counters & using the jab but Porter wouldn't let him do it consistently. He stayed on him

I don't know what fight you guys were watching but at no point did Porter get beat up in any round. It was a give & take, back & forth fight for 12 rounds

this...this fight firmly established spence is NOT above any of his fellow welters...if he had stopped porter that would be one thing...he didnt dominate him either...it was life or death....spence won on my cards but it was only by 1. it was that close

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
this...this fight firmly established spence is NOT above any of his fellow welters...if he had stopped porter that would be one thing...he didnt dominate him either...it was life or death....spence won on my cards but it was only by 1. it was that close

Exactly bro. That fight was razor close & could've went to Porter by the same margin

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Exactly bro. That fight was razor close & could've went to Porter by the same margin

ive said this many times...the only fighter that beat porter in a way that i saw as dominant was kell brook..kell clearly won 9 rounds in that fight without scoring a KD or taking the amount of clean shots spence took

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps

Bro Porter was taking massive amounts of punishment from rounds 9-12. That aggression he had was GONE bro. The man was tired yeah, but Spence beat it out of that man.

How did Porter impose his will, when he came out with the Ugas gameplan bro? Porter wasn't trying to fight that type of fight(dog fight) against Spence bro.

It's not that I aint objective, this is just a polarizing fight. A lot of people saw things the way I saw it, and some people see it the way you saw it. Hence two judges agree with me, and one agreed with you(Porter won on points). I really would actually like to see a rematch.