Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
Danny was busting out of the seams at 140 trying to make weight. I believe that played a part with him not being as active as he normally would be. And Peterson was probably juiced up that fight lol

Anyone that takes the fight to Danny plays into his strengths & runs the risk of getting countered & caught with something big. Spence would be foolish to fight that way. Danny's wheelhouse is mid-range but he can hurt you on the inside; make no mistake because he knows how to shorten his punches.

And I disagree with you on your Spence/Porter take. While Spence held his own on the inside, it was Porter who kept the pressure on maneuvering him to the ropes more times than not & imposed will that fight. 7-5 Spence to me is a fair score but 8-4 is ridiculous bro. That fight was razor close where a 7-5 score could've swung Porter's way
I don't see how 8-4 is ridiculous when there were at least 3 rounds that coulda went either way. But just rewatching it I seen Spence consistently landing the more damaging blows. Spence took some shots that stunned him but he never stopped coming. Porter just had too many moments of inactivity. I think because Spence's physical strength was taking a toll on him. Which is what setup that knockdown late. Spence was slowly breaking him down.

But we'll see. That's just how I see the fight going right now. I think that's why Spence is willing to face Danny after being in a major car accident. He looks at Danny as a guy who just can't matchup with him in any major category. And he's probably right :yeshrug: