Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
ive said this many times...the only fighter that beat porter in a way that i saw as dominant was kell brook..kell clearly won 9 rounds in that fight without scoring a KD or taking the amount of clean shots spence took

Kell Brook was clinching Shawn Porter so much that fight, he should of had points deducted. It's hard for me to go rewatch that fight because of how ugly it was. Don't get me wrong I agree Brook won but the fight itself was :scust:.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Bro Porter was taking massive amounts of punishment from rounds 9-12. That aggression he had was GONE bro. The man was tired yeah, but Spence beat it out of that man.

How did Porter impose his will, when he came out with the Ugas gameplan bro? Porter wasn't trying to fight that type of fight(dog fight) against Spence bro.

It's not that I aint objective, this is just a polarizing fight. A lot of people saw things the way I saw it, and some people see it the way you saw it. Hence two judges agree with me, and one agreed with you(Porter won on points). I really would actually like to see a rematch.

polarizing fight because it was a high quality fade and porter fought above all expectations that ppl had pre fight

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
8-4 is ridiculous bro. Most will agree that it was a very close fight that could've went either way with the knockdown possibly being the difference.

Porter imposed his will on Spence & made him fight his fight. And Porter was anything but inactive that fight bro; I'm not sure how you could see it that way. Didn't Porter land the most shots on him than any other opponent? That should tell you something right there & you don't do that by having too many moments of inactivity.

What took a toll on Porter was the grueling pace of the fight. He got even more sloppy the 12th & got caught with a hook & went down. But he got right back up & went back to business slugging it out
Most people wouldn't say it could go either way. Most people would say it was a close fight that Spence clearly won. I haven't seen many people at all arguing that Porter won that fight. And I was rooting for Porter to do well. I said before the fight happened it would be Spence's toughest fight. Porter was being underrated like crazy. He showed a lot of heart and gave Spence all he could handle. but he still lost :yeshrug:......It had nothing to do with who was coming forward. Spence just proved to be the more skilled fighter. Watching it the 2nd time made me realize how much body work Spence put in. Dude was digging into Porter's ribs every 3 seconds. Porter was landing solid shots here and there but Spence was landing the sharper ones. And more consistently.

You could almost see that knockdown coming in round 11 because Porter was starting to get rocked. Spence stunned him with a right hook 20 seconds before the knockdown. The last 90 seconds of the round Spence went to toe with him and just started beating his body down. Set up that left hook nicely. Had Porter duckin down to dodge the body shot.

That round was a microcosm of the fight to me. Porter showing crazy heart and landing good shots. But Spence being sharper and landing the more effective ones. Porter still put on the fight of his life and earned everybody's respect. But Spence was just the better man:yeshrug:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
polarizing fight because it was a high quality fade and porter fought above all expectations that ppl had pre fight

I will capitulate to that, and I publically ate crow on it. I didn't expect Porter to hang in there the way he did... still don't change the fact that from 9-12 Spence was putting a beating on that man. To say that didn't happen is just a flat out lie. Just because you are fighting back don't mean you aint getting beat up.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Bro Porter was taking massive amounts of punishment from rounds 9-12. That aggression he had was GONE bro. The man was tired yeah, but Spence beat it out of that man.

How did Porter impose his will, when he came out with the Ugas gameplan bro? Porter wasn't trying to fight that type of fight(dog fight) against Spence bro.

It's not that I aint objective, this is just a polarizing fight. A lot of people saw things the way I saw it, and some people see it the way you saw it. Hence two judges agree with me, and one agreed with you(Porter won on points). I really would actually like to see a rematch.

I don't even know what to say to this bro. I don't think you can be objective when it comes to Spence & I'm not knocking you either. I think you should go back to that fight thread where you'll see how a good portion of us had the fight close; at least us regulars & not the casuals lol

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Watching it the 2nd time made me realize how much body work Spence put in. Dude was digging into Porter's ribs every 3 seconds. Porter was landing solid shots here and there but Spence was landing the sharper ones. And more consistently.

It's crazy how many people changed they opinion of what they saw on second watch. It's been multiple people who done came in this thread and said 'On second watch Porter wasn't doing as well as I thought.'

Porter was still missing a lot of punches(throwing a lot tool, and he would have periods of inactivity in between his rally's. Not to mention eventually Spence started to push Porter back on the inside, not getting someone elses will imposed on him.

I ate crow, it was a much more competitive fight than I thought it would be, but Spence clearly won that fight anyone saying it could of went the other way gets the :stopitslime: from me.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Most people wouldn't say it could go either way. Most people would say it was a close fight that Spence clearly won. I haven't seen many people at all arguing that Porter won that fight. And I was rooting for Porter to do well. I said before the fight happened it would be Spence's toughest fight. Porter was being underrated like crazy. He showed a lot of heart and gave Spence all he could handle. but he still lost :yeshrug:......It had nothing to do with who was coming forward. Spence just proved to be the more skilled fighter. Watching it the 2nd time made me realize how much body work Spence put in. Dude was digging into Porter's ribs every 3 seconds. Porter was landing solid shots here and there but Spence was landing the sharper ones. And more consistently.

You could almost see that knockdown coming in round 11 because Porter was starting to get rocked. Spence stunned him with a right hook 20 seconds before the knockdown. The last 90 seconds of the round Spence went to toe with him and just started beating his body down. Set up that left hook nicely. Had Porter duckin down to dodge the body shot.

That round was a microcosm of the fight to me. Porter showing crazy heart and landing good shots. But Spence being sharper and landing the more effective ones. Porter still put on the fight of his life and earned everybody's respect. But Spence was just the better man:yeshrug:

Like I said to @Dallas' 4 Eva I don't think you can be objective when it comes to Spence either. The fight was razor close & could've went either way. It was give & take all fight. Most would agree with that statement

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I don't even know what to say to this bro. I don't think you can be objective when it comes to Spence & I'm not knocking you either. I think you should go back to that fight thread where you'll see how a good portion of us had the fight close; at least us regulars & not the casuals lol

Bro you said Spence was trying to create space with the step back jab which he BARELY used in this fight bro. I remember when me and my cousin was talking about it(cause he knows Spence, they aint friends but he knows him and has sparred him back in the day, he actually doesn't think much of Spence shockingly... he don't think much of any of these welterweights to be frank) and my cousin was clowning his performance saying he should have used the step back jab more.

This isn't the only boxing forum or group I'm in bro. I never said it wasn't competitive it was, but Porter physically imposed his will on Spence is disingenuous bro. MOST of the fight those two were standing right in front of each other going toe to toe bro.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Bro you said Spence was trying to create space with the step back jab which he BARELY used in this fight bro. I remember when me and my cousin was talking about it(cause he knows Spence, they aint friends but he knows him and has sparred him back in the day, he actually doesn't think much of Spence shockingly... he don't think much of any of these welterweights to be frank) and my cousin was clowning his performance saying he should have used the step back jab more.

This isn't the only boxing forum or group I'm in bro. I never said it wasn't competitive it was, but Porter physically imposed his will on Spence is disingenuous bro. MOST of the fight those two were standing right in front of each other going toe to toe bro.

I said he was jabbing early & mid fight bro but once Porter turned it into a dog fight he couldn't use his jab consistently anymore.

It's not disingenuous at all bro; you're pro Spence & it's hard for you to see it objectively. Porter fought a typical Porter fight & made Spence work very hard & had a razor close fight like he did with Thurman & a having a close fight with Danny. They're all on the same level with not much separating them from each other. @patscorpio called that right

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
:heh: Seriously bro? I don't know if some of you can be objective when it comes to Spence

Porter came out bouncing on his toes the first couple rounds yes & then what happened? It turned into a typical Shawn Porter fight/brawl with him imposing his will & making Spence fight a dog fight. 99% of the time Porter does that with his opponents & it's hard to keep him off you. Those middle rounds you could see Spence trying to create space with step back counters & using the jab but Porter wouldn't let him do it consistently. He stayed on him

I don't know what fight you guys were watching but at no point did Porter get beat up in any round. It was a give & take, back & forth fight for 12 rounds

I rewatched the fight a few times this past month and had it 8-4 Spence too :yeshrug:.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
I rewatched the fight a few times this past month and had it 8-4 Spence too :yeshrug:.

I respect your opinion as one of the OG Ring guys but 8-4 is way too wide

And I agree with Breadman on this where if you start rewatching a fight multiple times you subconsciously start looking for things that might pull you in a different direction which could skew things.

I watched the fight twice; once live & then a week later & thought the fight was razor close still

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
I said he was jabbing early & mid fight bro but once Porter turned it into a dog fight he couldn't use his jab consistently anymore.

It's not disingenuous at all bro; you're pro Spence & it's hard for you to see it objectively. Porter fought a typical Porter fight & made Spence work very hard & had a razor close fight like he did with Thurman & a having a close fight with Danny. They're all on the same level with not much separating them from each other. @patscorpio called that right

Bro Porter didn't turn it into a dogfight SPENCE DID, and I explained to you how and exactly when it happened! :heh:

Spence WAS NOT using the step back jab in that fight like that and he SHOULD. I have always been objective about Spence bro check my posts, I always keep things in perspective. I think you aren't being objective. Like I said 3 people on this page have said it was 8-4 Spence, you are the one in here saying Spence was getting physically dominated, not me bro. I think you are the one not being objective. :hubie: