Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Exactly!

I rather see Ryan go a extra couple tough rds

With Linares all I see is a Khan esque Ko early at that

i see but i canalso see linares giving ryan a harder time than mares

linares is so up and down you cant even bet on him confidently lol

mares really shouldn't be fighting anymore..i hate when fighters start gambling with their eyesight after injuries like he got

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
Rewatching Garcia vs Peterson I’m on round 6 and three thing

1.This isn't really an exciting fight
2. Danny really is a bigger stronger Broner. Their problem isn’t that they don’t let hands go, they lack the ability to stay in range or get in range.
Danny has thrown so many punches out of range that had no chance to connect. Danny throws punches without bringing his feet with him. He also doesn’t counter in combination so he lets guys off the hook.
3. I can see why Lamont didn’t get this decision, all that damn unnecessary movement.

All these guys like this need to watch Juan Manuel Marquez .

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
That's why I mentioned the Peterson fight when this fight was announced. That's exactly how I see spence fighting Danny. Just more relentless. Danny doesn't like pressure fighters that smother his offense. He likes space. And Spence won't give him any. I rewatched the Spence Porter fight the other day and Spence handled Porter's physicality very well. A lot better than I thought on first watch. Had it 7-5 Spence the first time. 8-4 on the rewatch. Spence went body to body with Porter for a full 12 and came out victorious. Nobody else at 147 can do that. Danny couldn't. That's why he gave away the fight. Cause he wasn't willing to bang with Porter when he needed to.

Danny has a chance. But I see spence slowly breaking him down and possibly stopping him late. Just from accumulation.

Danny was busting out of the seams at 140 trying to make weight. I believe that played a part with him not being as active as he normally would be. And Peterson was probably juiced up that fight lol

Anyone that takes the fight to Danny plays into his strengths & runs the risk of getting countered & caught with something big. Spence would be foolish to fight that way. Danny's wheelhouse is mid-range but he can hurt you on the inside; make no mistake because he knows how to shorten his punches.

And I disagree with you on your Spence/Porter take. While Spence held his own on the inside, it was Porter who kept the pressure on maneuvering him to the ropes more times than not & imposed will that fight. 7-5 Spence to me is a fair score but 8-4 is ridiculous bro. That fight was razor close where a 7-5 score could've swung Porter's way

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
I also think Danny has a great chin some of you nikkas in here OD'n though if Danny had the faith ya got in his chin he wouldnt keep his hands in his pockets as much as he does :sas1:
I agree with this too. There’s other fighters I won’t name that really trust they chin but people will say they get hit too much.