Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Bro Porter didn't turn it into a dogfight SPENCE DID, and I explained to you how and exactly when it happened! :heh:

Spence WAS NOT using the step back jab in that fight like that and he SHOULD. I have always been objective about Spence bro check my posts, I always keep things in perspective. I think you aren't being objective. Like I said 3 people on this page have said it was 8-4 Spence, you are the one in here saying Spence was getting physically dominated, not me bro. I think you are the one not being objective. :hubie:

You're pro Spence & have shown crazy bias towards him since I've started seeing you post in here lol. I'm calling it down the middle & always have in regards to him

And Spence didn't turn it into a dog fight. Porter did & fought like he always has which is turning fights into ugly dog fights. That tells me everything I need to know with you about Spence. We'll just have to agree to disagree then bro lol

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
You're pro Spence & have shown crazy bias towards him since I've started seeing you post in here lol. I'm calling it down the middle & always have in regards to him

And Spence didn't turn it into a dog fight. Porter did & fought like he always has which is turning fights into ugly dog fights. That tells me everything I need to know with you about Spence. We'll just have to agree to disagree then bro lol

Like I said you need to watch it again bro, but we can bro like I said this fight is polarizing which is why I don't go that hard on it.

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
I respect your opinion as one of the OG Ring guys but 8-4 is way too wide

And I agree with Breadman on this where if you start rewatching a fight multiple times you subconsciously start looking for things that might pull you in a different direction which could skew things.

I watched the fight twice; once live & then a week later & thought the fight was razor close still

Now THAT is true when rewatching a fight. Def can NOT deny that lol

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
The knockdown was the difference in the fight imo. Without that it's a draw fight imo. Porter and Spence were giving and taking on about equal terms. They just had different momentum swings in the fight where they controlled different stages of the bout. Spence got it going late and finally started controlling Porter's aggressive werewolf boxing which was giving him all types of problems earlier.

I thought GGG/Derrevenchenko was the same type of fight, but just more bloodier and damaging visually.
There's no way I can see anybody winning 8 rounds in either of those fights. Somebody is getting the benefit of the doubt on an extra round, Since winning 6 or 7 rounds was more accurate of the kind of fights that actually transpired.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
I respect your opinion as one of the OG Ring guys but 8-4 is way too wide

And I agree with Breadman on this where if you start rewatching a fight multiple times you subconsciously start looking for things that might pull you in a different direction which could skew things.

I watched the fight twice; once live & then a week later & thought the fight was razor close still
I know how to watch and score a fight. The first time I was actually watching the fight being bias towards Porter because I predicted he would give Spence hell. So I was TRYING to give Porter every close round. And I still couldn't give him more than 5.

On the replay I just watched it straight down the middle. Paying attention to every detail from both sides. And Spence clearly landed the more effective and damaging blows throughout. Especially to the body. Breads word is not gospel. I wasnt rewatching the fight trying to give Spence some extra lovin :mjlol:

I've called out Spence many times on here. I don't consider him an elite fighter nor do I think he's leaps and bounds better than anybody at 147. Which is why I knew the Porter fight would be close. Spence is still very flawed and if he don't fix some of his issues Crawford is gonna expose him. But that being said. He still beat porter clear. Most people agree with that. Even Porter admitted Spence was the better man. I have no issue with 7-5. A draw is a stretch. But no way in hell could I find a way to score that fight for porter. Nope. Dude was great, but when it was all said and done he just got bested. Plain and simple :yeshrug:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
I know how to watch and score a fight. The first time I was actually watching the fight being bias towards Porter because I predicted he would give Spence hell. So I was TRYING to give Porter every close round. And I still couldn't give him more than 5.

On the replay I just watched it straight down the middle. Paying attention to every detail from both sides. And Spence clearly landed the more effective and damaging blows throughout. Especially to the body. Breads word is not gospel. I wasnt rewatching the fight trying to give Spence some extra lovin :mjlol:

I've called out Spence many times on here. I don't consider him an elite fighter nor do I think he's leaps and bounds better than anybody at 147. Which is why I knew the Porter fight would be close. Spence is still very flawed and if he don't fix some of his issues Crawford is gonna expose him. But that being said. He still beat porter clear. Most people agree with that. Even Porter admitted Spence was the better man. I have no issue with 7-5. A draw is a stretch. But no way in hell could I find a way to score that fight for porter. Nope. Dude was great, but when it was all said and done he just got bested. Plain and simple :yeshrug:

:heh:

Whatever you say

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Mike Tyson Offered $1.1 Million For Peter McNeeley Rematch
By Random Hits

Published On Fri May 29, 2020, 12:34 PM EDT

The offers continue to come down for former undisputed heavyweight champion Mike Tyson.

Boston Boxing Promotions has announced an offer of $1.1 Million to Tyson to rematch Medfield, Massachusetts native "Hurricane" Peter McNeeley (47-7, 36 KO's).

Tyson (50-6, 44 KO's), fought McNeeley coming off a four-year layoff in 1995 and scored two knockdowns en route to McNeeley's corner throwing in the towel 89 seconds into the fight. McNeeley insists this time things will be different.

“Mike Tyson, do you want me to try to wrap you in a coc00n of horror again?” asked McNeeley when reached for comment.

mike-tyson_6.jpg

Their initial meeting generated over 500,000 buys on PPV and a sold out crowd at MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Boston Boxing Promotions would be looking to stage this fight at the Castleton Banquet and Conference Center in Windham, New Hampshire if it were to come off.

Tyson, 53-years-old and inactive since 2005, is planning to return to the ring for a few exhibition fights to raise money for charity.

It should be noted that Tyson turned down $20 million from Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship and also rejected an offer of $3 million from Australia to fight Sonny Bill Williams or Paul Gallen.

Boston Boxing Promotions President Peter Czymbor denied that his company threw out the offer to gain media attention.

"Some have asked if this is a publicity stunt,” noted Czymbor. “And to that I choose to dodge the question."

"This will be an event like no other when it comes off," Czymbor continued. “We are offering undercard slots to the entire cast of Tiger King, the girl who got hit in the head with a basketball she threw behind her at a hoop while dancing on TikTok, and Doja Cat because I can't get that ‘Say So’ song out of my head."

If Tyson agrees, a percentage of the gate will be donated to a profusion of local charities to be named at a later date.

boxing is fukking strange when it doesnt operate normally :hhh:...some carny ass shyt...mike tyson fighting in windham, nh...ive driven through that town...there is nothing there

rematch with peter mcneeley...peter mcneeley is damaged :heh:...he talks with that slur..they need to stop with these stunts

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
8-4 is ridiculous bro. Most will agree that it was a very close fight that could've went either way with the knockdown possibly being the difference.

Porter imposed his will on Spence & made him fight his fight. And Porter was anything but inactive that fight bro; I'm not sure how you could see it that way. Didn't Porter land the most shots on him than any other opponent? That should tell you something right there & you don't do that by having too many moments of inactivity.

What took a toll on Porter was the grueling pace of the fight. He got even more sloppy the 12th & got caught with a hook & went down. But he got right back up & went back to business slugging it out

I scored the fight twice and had it 8-4 with a swing round. I don’t think it’s ridiculous at all to give Spence an extra round or Porter a round make it 114-113 Spence.