Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

Conscious Pilot

Do Better.
Daps
Reppin
Beaches and Palm Trees
Well non power shot connects aren't budging him from the centerline..Bud gets backed up by injured Benavidez? Wtf..lol. Sad. But everytime Crawford gets beat up, he comes back hard and knocks everyone out..of course they aren't elite but he stops them
Yeah his “figuring his opponent out” in early rounds of the fight could come back to haunt him against the wrong guy.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
I only saw the fight once live... was Spence using lots of movement or was he jus boxing well??

Movement or Smothering been the two ways to beat Swift so far

For about half the fight or maybe just under Spence kept him on the end of his jab. Mikey literally had no answer or didn't wanna take any chances to close the gap

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
They can say it anyway they want to say it but you see Crawford get hit clean much more than Spence in their last 5 fights..so much so he got dropped. Thats why I got Spence #1 p4p..Loma fighting fluffs..Canelo ducking Blacks and fighting 40 yr old has beens..Crawford fighting washed Khan and Mean Machine? Lol...

They get touched clean about the same bro & I'm highly critical of Bud being that he's an elite fighter

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Yeah his “figuring his opponent out” in early rounds of the fight could come back to haunt him against the wrong guy.

Low key I think that's the most intriguing part of a Pacquiao Crawford fight. Pacquiao can still give any fighter hell for the first 5 rounds, and Crawford is a real slow starter. I don't think Bud can stop Pacquiao, so those scorecards are going to get real close.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
I only saw the fight once live... was Spence using lots of movement or was he jus boxing well??

Movement or Smothering been the two ways to beat Swift so far

He was moving but he just didn’t take as many chances. He basically jab jab right hand turn, jab jab right hand move back to defense. Danny don’t move forward with his feet well so if Spence can just get out of range easily like he did in that fight. His arms are a lot longer than Danny’s too.

Against a true WW his size? We don't know if he can do that. We also don't know if he can fight off the back foot against a real WW & still be effective. Mikey packed it up early once he realized he couldn't overcome the size difference.

Danny's not afraid to get into exchanges or fight in the pocket & any mistake Spence makes could get him clipped. If I had to make a choice I'd pick Spence by UD but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Danny caught him & stopped him

That’s the thing Danny doesn’t have welterweight length, and he has plodding feet. I think What Spence did to Mikey is what Thurman did to Danny. I can see that happening mad it being an 8-4 fight. Danny hasn’t knocked down any true welterweight. He has power but I’d put it on the same level as Brook. Brook never got close to dropping Spence while hitting him with clean shots, how do we expect Danny to just summon extra power.

Bigblackted4

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Eastcleveland
DAZN in trouble

I told people this shyt wasn’t gone work, you need a tv network so you need a PPV option, you also need more content. They should have just been the option to stage mid level cards and bring the UK content to American. Waited and started to get some guys at cheaper prices. That splash shyt didn’t do anything but lose money with no rewards. Hopefully they get it together but I doubt it. They need to partner with NBC or someone like that in order to get more exposure for fighters.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
If Spence truly believed in his defense he would have fought Mikey coming forward and said fukk that lil nikkas counter punching and just bulldozed dude and forced a stoppage. The thing is he would have eaten some leather if he took that approach since he don't move his head. Now seeing how Mikey just beat up and hurt Vargas (although he got tagged a lot too) it was prolly the better move in hindsight for Spence to fight that way. I know some nikkas might disagree with my theory tho. Spence don't his head so that one two would have been there for Mikey all night unless he seriously pushed Mikey back, which he could have done with the jab, but he ain't wanna take the chance. Instead he made dude chase him while sticking hard shots in his face. Spence showed another dimension, but we got a boring ass fight because of it tho.

Its just that I can't imagine somebody with that much size and physical advantages boxing that way against someone much smaller unless they know that smaller person can hurt them. Then fast forward to the Porter fight and Shawn is able to get close enough to really wage war and we get to see Spence hit and rocked more than any other previous fight.

then when I factor in the accident, I just gotta pick Swift by KO. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I can't ignore all these lil signs. :manny:

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
I told people this shyt wasn’t gone work, you need a tv network so you need a PPV option, you also need more content. They should have just been the option to stage mid level cards and bring the UK content to American. Waited and started to get some guys at cheaper prices. That splash shyt didn’t do anything but lose money with no rewards. Hopefully they get it together but I doubt it. They need to partner with NBC or someone like that in order to get more exposure for fighters.

I disagree.

Dazn is at risk of dissolving because of a pandemic that no one could've anticipated. They could've been running pay per views and partnered with some media giant and still be bleeding subscribers and hurting for content.

Canelo and Anthony Joshua, arguably the 2 largest names in the sport, are DAZN fighters. What could NBC do for DAZN or the fighters realistically? Canelo and Joshua already bring subscriptions to DAZN, while DAZN gives them the platform to fight. Where does NBC come into this and help them?

They invested money according to subscription goals, but COVID completely fukked it up by placing sporting events on hold.

Last edited:

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Spence saw all the backlash GGG got for letting Brook combo his ass for a few rounds and said :hubie:

I don't care if he a lightweight and I'm the big bad boogeyman at welterweight everyone is avoiding, lemme :mj:and safely get this decision victory.

nikkas would be throwing the tv out the house if Tito would have decided to let Camacho chase him. :mjlol:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
That’s the thing Danny doesn’t have welterweight length, and he has plodding feet. I think What Spence did to Mikey is what Thurman did to Danny. I can see that happening mad it being an 8-4 fight. Danny hasn’t knocked down any true welterweight. He has power but I’d put it on the same level as Brook. Brook never got close to dropping Spence while hitting him with clean shots, how do we expect Danny to just summon extra power.

Danny's taller, a little more rangier, & a lot bigger than Mikey bro. Danny has plodder feet but he has great timing which negates some of that & when you're as methodical as Spence, you can get caught; especially if he engages with him.

And Thurman fought Danny way different then Spence/Garcia bro. Thurman used his legs to move in/out of range, jabbed some, & was leaping in with shots. Spence controlled Mikey from the outset by use of the jab. He maintained his real estate & controlled the distance at all times & Mikey gave up mentally. From the half way point when he made Mikey mentally give up is when he went to the inside more & engaged

@LauderdaleBoss

I totally agree bro. Mikey showed he has real WW power against Vargas who's sturdy & had Spence stayed in front of him (like he does with everyone else) we might be talking about a different outcome

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Danny's taller, a little more rangier, & a lot bigger than Mikey bro. Danny has plodder feet but he has great timing which negates some of that & when you're as methodical as Spence, you can get caught; especially if he engages with him.

And Thurman fought Danny way different then Spence/Garcia bro. Thurman used his legs to move in/out of range, jabbed some, & was leaping in with shots. Spence controlled Mikey from the outset by use of the jab. He maintained his real estate & controlled the distance at all times & Mikey gave up mentally. From the half way point when he made Mikey mentally give up is when he went to the inside more & engaged

@LauderdaleBoss

I totally agree bro. Mikey showed he has real WW power against Vargas who's sturdy & had Spence stayed in front of him (like he does with everyone else) we might be talking about a different outcome

That's pretty much the only reason I picked Mikey for the upset.
Spence pulled a fast one on me and Mikey. :mjlol:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
I disagree.

Dazn is at risk of dissolving because of a pandemic that no one could've anticipated. They could've been running pay per views and partnered with some media giant and still be bleeding subscribers and hurting for content.

Canelo and Anthony Joshua, arguably the 2 largest names in the sport, are DAZN fighters. What could NBC do for DAZN or the fighters realistically? Canelo and Joshua already bring subscriptions to DAZN, while DAZN gives them the platform to fight. Where does NBC come into this and help them?

They invested money according to subscription goals, but COVID completely fukked it up by placing sporting events on hold.

i agree with this..the big flaw with DAZN is it didnt have a chance to build up enough content - original and non original for an unexpected event like this..this is what espn+ already had when it wasnt airing top rank or frank warren cards..pretty much they are prolly under pressure to start airing cards as soon as possible..hopefully matchroom and golden boy get it together