Essential The Official Boxing Random Thoughts Thread...All boxing heads ENTER.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
Danny WILL hit Spence clean bro. Brook touched him, Peterson touched him, Porter touched him, only the lightweight didn't touch him bro. It would be disingenuous of me to say Danny won't hit him clean, Spence DOES get hit clean bro. I don't think he gets hit any more than any other top welter it is definitely overblown how much he gets hit, but he gets hit just as much as any of them, none of the top welters of this generation are defensive wizards bro, they all offensive fighters. There is a reason why everyone thinks this is a dangerous first fight to take after the accident.
Idk why people think boxers have Floyd defense.

They were thinking this with broner and some are now saying it about Spence.

I’ve always wanted Danny to fight Spence, Danny is big, strong and hits accurate. Good boxer puncher.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Danny WILL hit Spence clean bro. Brook touched him, Peterson touched him, Porter touched him, only the lightweight didn't touch him bro. It would be disingenuous of me to say Danny won't hit him clean, Spence DOES get hit clean bro. I don't think he gets hit any more than any other top welter it is definitely overblown how much he gets hit, but he gets hit just as much as any of them, none of the top welters of this generation are defensive wizards bro, they all offensive fighters. There is a reason why everyone thinks this is a dangerous first fight to take after the accident.

Its not so much that its a "dangerous" fight for Spence.. Its just an unnecessary fight for him. The risk far outweighs the reward.. Why not just take a tuneup. See where you at coming off that accident and focus on getting the Pac fight or the big fight everyone wants to see vs Bud.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Its not so much that its a "dangerous" fight for Spence.. Its just an unnecessary fight for him. The risk far outweighs the reward.. Why not just take a tuneup. See where you at coming off that accident and focus on getting the Pac fight or the big fight everyone wants to see vs Bud.

The man wants to be known as the best, and loves proving people wrong that's why. He's old school.

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Yea but nobody is looking at Danny Garcia as someone to fight to be considered the best.. Especially at 147..

Pac aint tryna fight him he gonna fight Mikey, Crawford recently said he wants him to fight somebody else before he fights him, cause he feels he wont get no credit. Who is he supposed to fight?

Boxing has been bogged down with complete mismatches most of the time for like 2 decades. We gonna complain about a man trying to give us good fights?:gucci:

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
Their subscription goal wasn’t even close to actually doing anything though they peaked at 1 million but went down the next month. ESPN+ is the model look at how mean subscribers they have. You need more diverse content to do anything. You need a network to put on fight to draw attention to your app. Let’s say they put in fights in that network monthly and draw them toward the app for the bigger fights, that would have been huge for them. The app needs promotion in the worst way. You can’t just market to a small part of your fan base, have to bring in older people and causals and an app ain’t doing it. Even a partnership with Facebook or Twitter or Instagram would have done them some good.

No doubt DAZN is in a tricky situation because they are a new competitor. Even though they were basically entering a young market (standalone, subscription based streaming app for sports) they definitely face stiff resistance from established competitors who have decades worth of content, like ESPN.

With that being said, competition isn't a bad thing at all. DAZN secured deals with Golden Boy and Matchroom, and they even scored broadcasting rights with the MLB, and that all puts pressure on the competitors real quick.

If DAZN wanted to establish itself as legitimate service, there is no reason why they should be begging other companies for exposure. Netflix isn't out here putting their originals on Fox; DAZN shouldn't be giving content to Showtime. It doesn't make business sense.

All that being said, DAZN's vision is ambitious, and it's not like they're guaranteed to succeed. What you're saying is right -- they need to market themselves better and get more viewers. I just don't think that going to other companies makes a lot of sense.

Last edited:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
Pac aint tryna fight him he gonna fight Mikey, Crawford recently said he wants him to fight somebody else before he fights him, cause he feels he wont get no credit. Who is he supposed to fight?

Boxing has been bogged down with complete mismatches most of the time for like 2 decades. We gonna complain about a man trying to give us good fights?:gucci:

Spence plan was always to fight Danny next before Bud comments.. before Manny trying to fight Mikey...